For a User

Is there a way of forcing a user to enter data in a cell, before they enter
enter any data in any other cells or perhaps before saving ther document?

Thanks
0
Duncan (39)

Boolean)
    If Range("A1").Value = "" Then
        MsgBox "Workbook incomplate"
        Cancel = True
    End If
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

HTH

RP

"Duncan" <Duncan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way of forcing a user to enter data in a cell, before they
enter
> enter any data in any other cells or perhaps before saving ther document?
>
> Thanks

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Disappearing Data from User-defined Text Fields
Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both local and enterprise? Might be a sign of file corruption. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both > local and enterprise? > Or clear out your active cache... I've seen lots of issues there... -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Might be a sign of file corruption. > > > - Andrew Lavinsk...

Multiple users of one shared database on 2003 and 2007
Hi Our office recently upgraded 50% of our machines to office 2007, unfortunately as 50% are still running office 2003 we are having issues with functionality in the shared database (created in 2003) the command buttons created using wizards in 2003 are not working in 2007, in addition to this i have the added risk of 2007 users potentially saving the file in 2007 format, making is inaccessible to the 2003 users. I understand that I can split the database and create a new interface in 2007 for the 2007 users, (fixing all of the buttons) however am I able to link front ends from 2 versions to...

Can't see current users expansion button
When I try to follow the directions below to see who is currently logged inot GPS v. 9, I don't get the expansion button the directions refer to. Any ideas? Go to >>Help>>Index>>for keyword to find, enter "user login activity window" You will get the following: File >> User and Company >> Current Users expansion button Use the User Login Activity window to view the users currently accessing Microsoft Dynamics GP, the company each is working in, and the date they started working with that company (based on the internal clock of the current ...

Excel reporting incorrect user in "file in use by"
We are currently experiencing a issue that that some of our users (some of which are laptop users that use the offline files feature) try to open for example an Excel file and it will be reported as being currently in use by a named user. So far no problem. However this user does not have the file open and if we go to check the open files on the server the file will in fact be open by a different user to the one reported in the excel popup window. Is there a way I can ensure that at least the correct user is reported to having the file open? I'm sure this must be somewhere int h...

Edit a web query in Excel 2002 that runs a dialogue box for the user to input the name of the city.
I am trying to set up This name is then used by the web query to complete the UR eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Athens.html or http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Cork.htm In early editions of Excel this involved inserint the live /[“city” “which city?”].html eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/[“city” “which city?”].htm Has anyone worked out how to do this in Excel 2002 ...

User can Create the Batch but can't access in Purchaing>Transactions>Return Batches
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C96446.E4A61DF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable User can create a new batch, save it but when goes back to view the TRX = and tries to open the RETURN BATCHES by clicking on LookUp Button; it = says the User does not have the Security Privilege to access it. Hard to believe is that how come a User can create but can't view his = own crated Batch. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C96446.E4A61DF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

Delete a user
How can I delete a user once all records have been re-assigned and all licenses and security roles removed? You can't remove users. ...

New OE newsgroup user questions
I'm new to newsgroups and access via Outlook Express. Where can if find documentation or descriptions on how to really use OE effectively w/ forums. My main question right now is: How do I reply to a reply that someone posted to my new post? If I click Reply Group in OE I get a msg "Do you want to reply to the entire newsgroup. Is this the correct options to add another level of input to my original post, or will this go to every post in the newsgroup? I would also like to know how to do things like: Searching forums for specific words or phrases? Can I se...

How to Restrict Outbound SMTP for Specific User
I have users that I want to restrict from emailing external to the company but allow internal email. Found article 244008 but it was for Ex5.5. I applied the same fix but email still went out. Basic steps were: Internet Mail SMTP Connector, Properties, Delivery Restrictions, Reject Messages From, Add. Should this work or am I missing something? Hi Shawn Here is a link that should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Make sure you make the Registry change as detailed in the notes section. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...

Script to restrict users ability to login
I am looking for a script which we can run to effectively restrict all 'non-administrative' users from logging into GP at certain times. We have all transactions flowing into GP through integrations, and in the case of a failure of these integrations, I need a way to stop all users from logging into GP until the failure is found and rectified and the systems are back 'in balance'. I would then like to run another script to replace the previous security settings, thereby allowing all users the ability to login again. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be accompli...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 User and Administrator's Manuals
Do printable (.pdf) exist for CRM 3.0 User and Administrator's Manuals Yes and no. There is an implementation guide that ships with CRM 3.0 and could be sort of considered an administrators manual. As for a user manual. The closest is from the application training course which you would have to buy. ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "mkatsev" <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAF87377-4592-4025-8DA8-B93E89CF87B3@microsoft.com.....

CHotKeyCtrl
Hey, I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control which I've wired to a CHotKeyCtrl wrapper. How do I detect when the user has changed the hotkey inside the control? ClassWizard is only showing me a NM_OUTOFMEMORY message to map, I need some sort of FIELD_CHANGED message to respond to so that I can update the hotkey with the system table. Anybody know what message to process? Thanks, Dave "Dave" <neorife@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cOcnVXdFd17YpeiXTWJjQ@comcast.com... > Hey, > > I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control whi...

User accounts how do I dlete and restore also want to keep data
I know hoiw to delete an exchange user on the client and on the server itself with the SBS tools. My question is this.......when I delte the user profile from the server does the data and mail stores get deleted too? also. If I re-create the user profiles with the exact same info, will exchange try to create new data stores and emails or will it allow me access to the existing ones. Just curious before I go ahead with it thanks I have never used SBS version so i'm not sure if there's anything different, however when you delete a user, Excahnge by default will keep the "mai...

HELP:user-fill in form
I need a excel-file with 2 tabs. In the first tab It must be able to fill a week nr. And then som other values. Then that values must automattically filled in, in Tab2 in the righ column of that week. If you can help me, please reply !!! Thanks in advance, Stif -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You weren't very specific as to if this is from one cell on sheet1 or for all cells in a column. In any event, you can use a worksheet_change event on a worksheet module to this sort of thing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stift >" <<S...

Accept/decline meetings or another user's behalf
Hi Is there a way to give a another user permission to accept/deny meetings? Thanks Regards This probably belongs to the Outlook Group Since this is a SBS Server Group (Assuming you are talking about Outlook) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads However You can give another person permission to view and add appointments to your calendar using the steps that are listed below: 1.Within Outlook, click on the Tools menu and select Options. The Options dialog box will appear. 2.Select the Delegates tab. 3.Click the Add button. The Add ...

Create new user without login
Hello, I am trying to send out an email that the person has to open and click on in order to set Membership.IsApproved to true. I have DisableCreatedUser="true" in the CreateUserWizard, so they are never logged in.Does that mean GetUser(Which is looking for a logged in user) is empty? If so, any suggestions? protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { MembershipUser newuser = Membership.GetUser(); RegisterUser NewRegistration = new RegisterUser(); string newusername = newuser.UserName; string email = new...

Spreadsheet corrupt on some users???
I created a document which now seems to be corrupt on my pc, it onl uses autosum (no macros or anythin) but i sent it to my mate and h can open and view it fine....what setting is stopping me from viewin my document correctly Any help would be most appreciated ps. this only happens with this document i can view others just fine -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com "Corrupt" means what? Error message(s) upon opening? What are you expecting to see and what are you actually seeing that is not correct? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:00:08 -0700, ianwatson8...

how to recover my personal folder .pst file with in user profile
Actually, i create a personalfolder file x.pst in to one user profile. after that for getting the same screen settings of the other user. i copy that user profile into mine after that i can't open outlook personal folders. I using search for that file, even i cant get it at anywhere pls help urgent If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, make sure you're searching in hidden and system folders to find all existing .PST files. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the messag...

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

Remote Users for GP 8.0
We have a remote site with 5 users that are connected to us via a T1 point to point at 1.5mbps. We would like to have these w/s connect to run great plains. Is a vpn possible? SHould we use a terminal server? Any advantages in using citrix? Thanks John John, I would usually recommend Terminal Server 2003 for what you're describing. VPN only (without TS or Cirtix) is not supported by MS, nor advisable, even over a point to point T1 you're not going to like the performance. Citrix doesn't really offer too many advantages over TS for 5 users, but is also a viable alter...

default user in "manage full access permission"
I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead of username or group name ther is SID. Is normal? What are the default group or user that must exist? Thank you On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:47:31 -0700 (PDT), big <d.digrego@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". >For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead >of username or group name ther is SID. >Is normal? It is if the account's n...

Adding a second Manager field to the User record
We have personnel that report to more than one boss. Is it possible to create a second "Manager" field on the User record that performs just like the original Manager field through the standard Customization interface? Hi Robin, It seems like it's possible to make such customization with CRM "internal" instruments. You just have to go to customization area in CRM and open the User entity. The attribute name of Manager field is parentsystemuserid, and you can create similar attribute with lookup type and give it a name something like second manager. Then do the ma...