Footer defaults

I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
default?
--
Joe S.
0

Hi
create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template
(*.xlt file)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like
those
> footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make
them the
> default?
> --
> Joe S.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/9/2004 9:35:35 PM
Yes, start a new blank woorkbook. do file>page setup and header/footer,
customize it the way you want. Finally save as Book.xlt in the startup
folder (xlstart)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Joe S." wrote:

> I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
> footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
> default?
> --
> Joe S.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/9/2004 9:43:02 PM
Try setting up a default sheet.  I'm never sure exactly where this thing
goes, but on my machine it's in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
10\XLStart\book.xlt

If book.xlt isn't there you can create one.  If all works well, whatever you
set up in this template will be used when you create a new worksheet.  You
can set up your default print headers and footers, styles, etc.

It may live someplace different on your machine.

If you need to create one from scratch -- just open a new xls file.  Make
the adjustments you want (say to footers), and save as a template in that
folder.

                   Art
0
Art1645 (139)
12/9/2004 9:49:02 PM
Joe

I would suggest you record a macro while doing your setup then store that
macro in your Personal.xls.  See below for Chip Pearson's header/footer
macros.

Alternative.......

Open a new workbook.  Customize as you wish.  File>Save As Type:  scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select.  Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.  Footers for them will
have to be done manually or via macro(see Chip Pearson reference below)

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet.  Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also.  It now becomes
the default Insert>Sheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

If you want a macro to set headers/footers see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/headfoot.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:09:09 -0800, Joe S. <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
>footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
>default?

0
Gord

Change hyperlink default?
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC Is there any way to change the default from automatic creation of a hyperlink to a menu command? No. The only alternative I am aware of is to use Paul Berkowitz's "Make Hyperlinks X" script, if you wish. You can get it for free here: http://www.scriptbuilders.net/search.php?search_str=Make+Hyperlinks On 7/3/08 1:53 PM, in article 59b532d2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "av@officeformac.com" <av@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) >...

Outlook 2003 default font for HTML emails
Can someone please advise where the settings are to change the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? I've checked Outlook and Word, can't see to find it. At the moment it's set to Times New Roman 10, but 10 is a bit small, want to make the default 12 or even better still Arial 12... As always, thanks in advance! On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:59:06 -0700, "Ivan T. Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone please advise where the settings are to change >the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? > >I've checke...

Resoring blank documents defaults
I'm unable to restore my "blank document” (doc1) back to its original format. Actually, let me correct myself. When I open a "blank document” my left indentation is set at 2.5 (how it got changed--I haven't a clue) so I set my left indentation back to 0", clicked on the default button & click "Yes" to having these setting for all new NORMAL template. After that when I close out of Word the Save windows prompts comes up. I have searched high & low in trying to find where to replace & save my changes to apply to my "blank docu...

Q: how to set the default arranged by
Outlook 2007 Every time I create a new mail folder the "Arranged By: starts out as "From", I virtually always want to arrange by "Date". Can anybody please let me know how to control the initial Arranged By setting for every time I create a new mail folder. Thanks, mdj. Reset the view - date should be default. If it needs set on every folder, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the method to globally change views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

How to set default remote wakeup setting for HID device
Hi, I have created a HID minidriver for a HID device that supports remote wakeup. My question is: is there a way to control the "Allow this device to wake the computer" checkbox (Windows 7) so it is enabled/disabled by default when driver is installed? Thanks. G. no, this is up to the user to decide. d "gti4ever" wrote in message news:C83DD7F9-63AE-4695-8EB2-0773A51C8575@microsoft.com... Hi, I have created a HID minidriver for a HID device that supports remote wakeup. My question is: is there a way to control the "Allow this device...

How do I change the default file of type from shortcuts in the fa.
When opening files via your favourites in Excel 2003, the default file type is shortcut and I can only access excel files by change the file of type each time. Is there a way I can set this function to automatically look at excel files whenever I open up excel? I think these dialogs try to help you by remembering what you did last time. This is slightly quicker for me: Instead of using the dropdown and looking for the excel files, I'll just type: *.xls in the filename box and hit enter. (or even *.xl* if you need .xlt, .xla and .xls....) P.L.Whitehart wrote: > > When open...

set as default
Help. I mistakenly clicked on no when asked if I wanted to set Outlook 2000 as default mail client. I can't find where to set it as my default. Control panel->Internet Options->Programs. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer lady_trumpet <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Help. I mistakenly clicked on no when asked if I wanted | to set Outlook 2000 as defa...

How do I use long date format in a header or footer?
You don't. Excel defaults to short date. You can achieve a modicum of alteration in Windows Regional Settings but not like Thursday, November 16, 2005 To get that you would need a macro. Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy") End With End Sub Alternative................. Assume you have date formatted to Thursday, November 16, 2005 in A1 Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 N...

Setting Default encryption level via GPO
I have about 400 office/word 2003 users that I need to change the encryption level for. I would like to be able to do this via Group Policy in active directory. Can anyone tell me if that is possible and is there a template available for this? If I can't do it via Group Policy my next alternative would be to modify a registry key via a login script if that is possible. Can anyone help? Thanks ...

changing Default Calendar and Contacts
I was wondering if there was a way to set the default calendar and the default contacts list in Outlook to be a public Calendar and Contact list that we have using Exchange 2003? Not that I know of. James wrote: > I was wondering if there was a way to set the default > calendar and the default contacts list in Outlook to be a > public Calendar and Contact list that we have using > Exchange 2003? ...

How to setup default income category on invoices?
I've entered several invoices in SB Money 2004 and when I receive payment the amounts go to the Investment Income category. How can I change the default account, and how can I change these invoices so that my books are right? thanks! ...

How do I change the default comment formatting?
When I insert a comment I want to be able to change the formatting so it always comes up as a certain size with Arial 12pt font? Can someone please help? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany nick_aus80 wrote: > When I insert a comment I want to be able to change the formatting so > it always comes up as a certain size with Arial 12pt font? Can > someone please help? ...

Alter zoom text default font
We use replication and so are required to have memo fields unbound. That means text cannot be entered directly into them. Instead, we have a command button that brings up the "zoom" window, which is not a control with editable properties. The zoom window (as in "Zoom" to view/edit a property field) has a built in font command button, but that is what we are trying to get around using. It is time consuming to adjust it to a readable size everytime the window is opened. How can the default font of that "zoom" window be adjusted? While it is possible t...

Can I put something in the footer that reads from the sheet
Hello, I want the footer in my print-out to pull some information from my workbook (ideally from a different sheet) Is this possible? Thanks M Hi Michelle You will have to make use of the workbook event... Set the security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left treeview search for the workbook name and click on + to expand it. Within that you should see the following VBAProject(Your_Filename) Microsoft Excel Objects Sheet1(Sheet1) Sheet2(Sheet2) Sheet3(Sheet3) This Wo...

How do I copy footer setup from one tap to many tabs?
I have a very specific footer setup on one tab of a worksheet. I would like to copy that footer setup to other tabs (more than 30) without having to reenter it on each worksheet. Can it be done? make you special sheet the first in the tab order of all 30 sheets. Select the special sheet. Hold down the shift key and select the 30th sheet. View = Header and Footer then select your footer and click OK right click on the sheet tab and select ungroup sheets and all sheets should have the footer -- Regards, tom Ogilvy "jeff matt" <jeff matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Outlook 2003 default save directory
Problem: When I save an attachment from an email using Outlook 2003 it defaults to the following directory - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKXXX. This is a pain. I was under the impression that it should always default to My Documents, but it does not. How can I make it so that it always defaults to My Documents?? Any help would be appreciated. Use the places bar shortcut to move to my docs and save it, then open the file from my docs. Try to avoid opening docs directly from outlook without first saving them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

change default fields on task reminder
I would like to change my reminder message box so instead of listing Subject and Due Date, it lists information from custom fields I added to the form. I know how to change the appearance of the reminder-- but not the actual fields of the message box. Is something users are allowed to do? I don't think it's possible to change the format of the reminder dialog box at all. I know of a 3rd party program that replaces the default reminder dialog and displays all of your reminders in one window (Reminder Manager, available at http://www.slovaktech.com), but even that won't le...

Default colors for charts different than excel, how to change
I spend time making the charts the way I want them in excel and when i copy to power point the colors change. Can I change the default set up to make them be the same? -- rdc >I spend time making the charts the way I want them in excel and when i copy > to power point the colors change. Can I change the default set up to make > them be the same? Which versions of PowerPoint and Excel do you use? In Office 2007 you need to apply the same Theme Colors to both Excel and PowerPoint. Best regards, Ute EXCEL and PowerPoint 2007 versions Ricky, please check out:...

OWA "Default Web Site" -> Exchange returns a list of directory
The EXchange 2003 server with OWA service returns a list of directories when the "Default_Web_Site -> Exchange" is clicked. It usually shows the user's OWA interface. Are there any things we need to modify? Thanks in advance! =?Utf-8?B?T1dBIEFkbWlu?= <OWA Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5BF56D9C-7DBD-4728-80D1-E81792894FC4@microsoft.com: > The EXchange 2003 server with OWA service returns a list of > directories when the "Default_Web_Site -> Exchange" is clicked. It > usually shows the user's OWA interface. Are there any th...

how to open excel 2003 by default?
I have both 2007 and 2003 installed. I need to open 2003 by default. Even if i choose open with and browse to excel 2003 - when I double click the excel file - excel 2007 opens. Very annoying. How can i fix this? Stacey This may not have the effect you want as it is seldom possible to get side by side installations working perfectly. Particularly things like help. Try running detect and repair from XL2003 help and supply the CD if asked, making sure you select 'restore my shortcuts' in the start-up dialog -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodge...

How to set Microsoft Word as default Appointment editor in Outlo.
Word is available as the editor only for messages and post items, not = appointment. .=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Liat" <Liat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C1641381-2E58-42B7-A827-1299A9A849DD@microsoft.com... > ...

How can I print email without the date on the header and footer?
Already disabled the text in header and footer of outlook and IE. Thanks You can't, not using outlook's printing capabilities. see if http://www.outlookprinter.com/ does what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

How will the Footer div stick to bottom of screen?

Distance between Form Detail and Footer
I have a textbox sitting in a form footer to show the sum of the controls on the form. I have reduced the height of the footer itself to the absolute minimum (the textbox is 0.423cm high so I have the footer itself at 0.45cm. However, the textbox still "stands off" too much below the controls on the form. It's as if there's some kind of no-man's land that's in the way there, other than the depth of the footer itself - i.e. an invisible strip between the Form Detail and the Form Footer? If so how can I shrink this so that the textbox will sit nice and tight up u...

Default reply address, indipendent from receving address...
I have this problem with one of my clients using OE: He receives three different e-mail addresses into OE, let's say one@account.com; two@account.com and three@account.com. Of course, if he hits reply, the FROM address of the reply will indeed be the address the original message was sent to. For a variety of reasons, too long and complicated to explain, he would like to always have one@account.com as the deafult replier, regardless of the original recipient... Example, he receives an e-mail on two@account.com, he hits REPLY and one@account.com is already selected as FROM, wi...