Footer date format #3

How do I change the date format for my excel worksheet footers?
0
Imran (15)

Hi "imran",
Change your Regional Date format  in your system  Control Settings.

Or use a macro
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#modify
---
HTH,

"Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1187E71-49C7-4DA1-9456-912FFEB92B2C@microsoft.com...
> How do I change the date format for my excel worksheet footers?

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Visio #3
How do I print grid lines using Visio. there is an example for vba code at John Marshall's site www.mvps.org/visio/vba al "Jay" <jay.werelius2@verizon.net> wrote in message news:F08177E5-1576-4CED-A1B7-D2201AA60F5E@microsoft.com... > How do I print grid lines using Visio. Due to popular demand, Visio 2003 now gives you the option to print gridlines! Tag "Al Edlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:eC49eIkrDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > there is an example for vba code at John Marshall's site > www.mvps.org/visio/vba > &...

Hand entered dates view wrong
A user I support is having an issue with a worksheet in Excel. It is not an urgent or crucial fix, but I am interested in people's ideas, since she says it has happened to her before. In each case she threw away the worksheet and started a new one by hand entering the data again. Here's the scenario: She has a worksheet in which she has been adding rows of data over time (6 months or so) and has only about 30 rows of data. Column A are dates, and are formatted as such. After months of opening and saving in this document once a week or so, she now has an issue - when she types...

Signatures #3
Hi, I have been asked to find a way to automatically insert a signature into Outlook (for all our 600 clients) The signature is a gif or jpeg file with the persons name & address ... I've been looking in Outlook so far and it seems a bit long to do it yourself, even to make a procedure for the clients they won't be able to do it! Is there anyway on an Exchange Server 2000 to automatically insert a signature into an email (Gif or jpeg or any other) ? Only problem is that the signatures are all different!! Could somebody please help me or just tell me it isn't possible!!! :-((( ...

How do make a line correspond to date
I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) date line that corresponds to today's date. -- DMM http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com... >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) >date > line that corresponds to today's...

Date/Time Modified
Hello, My Access Database consists of many tables. The Query attached to my main Client Information Form is made up of 4 tables. -Client Table -Account Table -Batch No Table -Advisor Table Basically, I want to be able to insert a Date/Time Modified record at the top of my main form that will show a data modified if any record is changed/updated in any of these tables. Is this possible? Thank you, Mellissa -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

Date Range #2
Hi, Can someone please assist me with the following issue: I am currently using the formula noted below to direct another application ( Bloomberg ) to select prices from the previous 6th business day. My question is> Is there any way to revise the formula to exclude US holidays for successive years (i.e. for 2005, 2006...) without having to manually change the date entries each year, in the formula? =WORKDAY(Today(),-6, {"5/31/04","7/5/04","9/6/04","11/25/04","12/25/04","1/1/05" }) Thank you I'd recommend listing...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

parameter values not valid #3
keep getting a window each time I try and save a new task (Outlook 2000) it says: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" I just set up Outllook, and can't figure out why it would do this. ...

sorting by date
I have a sheet with date amount description 12.12.06 5.00 PLUMBER 04.02.01 50.00 ELECTRICIAN ETC How can I sort into date order. When I try I get all the 2001, 2006, 2005 together but not 2001, 2002, 2003,2004 Cananyone help please Is 12.12.06 text or a date value? In a blank cell, enter ISTEXT(A1) where A1 is a cell reference to this date. True means it is text and 03.01.07 will come before 12.12.06. You can set up a helper cell, enter =DATE(RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2), MID(A1,4,2)) where I'm assuming 12.12.06 is month/day/year. The parameters...

kill formatting brought over from reports
When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming over. Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button produces some custom symbol, for example). I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change when it receives a spreadsh...

Change color on date field in form for re-certification
My main form has two different date fields on it. One date field needs to be re-certified every 6 months, and the other field needs to be re-certified every 12 months. I would like each of those fields to automatically change color depending on how much time as elapsed since that training. For the 6 month field, months 1-5 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow and anything expired should be red. For the 12 month field, months 1-11 should be green, 1 month left should be yellow, and anything expired should be red. Thank you in advance for your help! messingerjc wrote...

chart
Help... Is is possible to insert a header and/or footer into multiple charts(Excel 2000 or 2002)? I was hoping I could insert a common chart header/footer as is possible with worksheets. Any help appreciated. You could set up the headers and footers on one chart (File menu > Page Setup), then before doing anything else, select each subsequent chart in turn and press the F4 key, which repeats this action. You could also select a chart, then record a macro while setting up its headers and footers. Then edit the macro code to only do the headers and footers, and leave out all that...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

CRM 3 - User Transfered All Cases to Own Name
We had a user that left the company. Another user transfered all of his cases (resolved / active) to his name. He some how reassigned all the resolved and active cases in the DB to his own name. Is there a transaction table for changes to cases? Or a way that we can roll back the transfers? Unfortunately, we do not have a back up. CRM does not offer a transaction logging sollution out of the box. The SQL database does, but this has to be configured and can only rollback all changes not specific ones. A thing you can try is (using the SDK) retrieve the last activity for each case ...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

Recovering deleted items #3
Hi, I am encountering a strange problem. I am trying to recover mails which were deleted permanantly from my mailbox. After editing the registry settings i am able to recover all folders except deleted items. While I click on deleted items folder to recover the items outlook exits. Has anyone come across this problem? Thanks Shilpa hoe many items are in the deleted folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

different number format
Hi, this is probably an easy question but I am at a loss been an excel newbie. I have XP with my local regional settings, where the number format is 1.000,29 (onethousand and 29/100) on a specific excel sheet I need to revert these settings, in order to paste a large amount of data 1000.29 (onethousand and 29/100) anybody can suggest how to do this? TIA Hi Daniele, I think you shouldn't change your setting, paste the data and then use the code below to fix the numbers: Sub TextToNumberOnActiveColumn() Dim r As Integer Dim c As Range r = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Range(&qu...

Two date validations
How do I create two validation rules for one cell containing a date? 1. The date (Cell A1) must be between a certain range (12/01/2009 and 12/31/2012). 2. The date must not be greater than Cell A2. So far I got the first rule working, but I can't figure out how to do both. Any advice would be greatly appricaiated. Thanks, ~Gabe I'd try: Select A1 Data|Validation (xl2003 menus) formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1>=DATE(2009,12,1),A1<=DATE(2012,12,31),A1<=A2) Gabe wrote: > How do I create two validation rules for one cell containing a date? ...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...