Font and Subscript Question

I have this text string containing formulas. ="Qo = "&(ROUND(AG41,2))&" /
("&AB30&" x "&(ROUND(AG30/AB30,2))&")". I want to have the answer to
(ROUND(AG30/AB30,2)) show up as a different color.  When I highlight the text
and then click the font color button, no colors are available. How do I do
that? Also, I would like to subscript the o in Qo. How would I do this?
Thanks a lot for your help.
0
hoising8 (3)

You'd need to replace your formula with a VBA event macro. You could do
something like

    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
        Const sF1 As String = "Qo = "
        Const sF2 As String = " / ("
        Const sF3 As String = " x "
        Const sF4 As String = ")"
        Dim sV1 As String
        Dim sV2 As String
        Dim sV3 As String

        sV1 = Format(Application.Round(Range("AG41").Value, 2), "0.00")
        sV2 = Format(Range("AB30").Value, "0.00")
        sV3 = Format(Application.Round(Range("AG30").Value / _
                        Range("AB30").Value, 2), "0.00")
        With Range("A1")
            .Value = sF1 & sV1 & sF2 & sV2 & sF3 & sV3 & sF4
            .Characters(2, 1).Font.Subscript = True
            .Characters(InStr(.Text, sF3) + Len(sF3), _
                         Len(sV3)).Font.ColorIndex = 3
        End With
    End Sub

which puts the formula in A1 (change to suit), and turns the desired
portion red (Font.ColorIndex = 3).

In article <F2600DBF-747F-4BFF-AEA1-80A602EE2119@microsoft.com>,
 "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have this text string containing formulas. ="Qo = "&(ROUND(AG41,2))&" /
> ("&AB30&" x "&(ROUND(AG30/AB30,2))&")". I want to have the answer to
> (ROUND(AG30/AB30,2)) show up as a different color.  When I highlight the text
> and then click the font color button, no colors are available. How do I do
> that? Also, I would like to subscript the o in Qo. How would I do this?
> Thanks a lot for your help.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

font substitution
I accidently substituted curlz for bodini and clicked make permanent. Now every document, including a 15 year old document shows bodini as curlz. I've tried deleting all of the preferences I could find and even deleted Microsoft Office and reinstalled it. The problem still exists. Short of buying a new computer, does anyone have a solution. Mks Hello - No need to panic :)... Open an existing doc where the substitution was made, then go to Word Menu>Preferences>Compatibility. Click the Font Substitution button & You'll find Bodoni listed in the window. Select it from th...

Question about easy qualitative graph
Here's what we want to graph. Categories are snowfall, snowpack, temperature, and precipitation. We want these to be on the y axis. Values are above, normal, below. We want these to be on the x axis with them going from left to right (below, normal, above) with space to the left of "below". Snowfall=above, snowpack=above, temperature=below, precipitation=normal. This sounds very easy, but not sure how to plot this without using numbers, which we aren't using. Thanks for your time, S On Mar 22, 10:19=A0pm, shadrack <shadke...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Here's what ...

How do I save data with different colored fonts in EXCEL 2003?
I have a rather large spreadsheet with some data set to different colors that mean different thigs to those of us that use it. For some reason, these color changes are not being saved when I save my spreadsheet. When I open my spreadsheet again, the colors are gone. Which version of Excel are you using? Are you sure that you're saving the spreadsheet as Excel (and not as some other file type which Excel can read)? Is the resultant file keeping a suffix of ".xls"? If not, then the data is being saved but not the formatting specifications. Next time you save the ...

Font color #3
How do I change font color in an Excel spreadsheet so it will remain until I change it again. Clicking on font color only seems to change it for one cell. Thanks, Select all the cells whose font color you wish to change, then change the font color. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "aberry1014" <aberry1014@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B8E2D9-A876-44D8-9108-0DE0C8AFCEEB@microsoft.com... > How do I change font color in an Excel spreadsheet so it will > remain until I > chang...

Save credit card info for subscription rebilling
We have customers who sign up for our preship of product periodically, like a subscription. We need to keep a credit card on file for this purpose. Is there a service that we can use for this? We really do not want to store credit cards but we need to be able to bill against a customer's credit card when they sign up for our 'Autoship'. -- JNech Houston New West Technologies has an add on called [url=http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/CardVault.htm]Card Vault[/url]. It stores CC data in encrypted tables. Dan "jenifern" wrote: > We have custome...

Updating Money Deluxe 2007 question
Will Microsoft keep the Money updates available permanently, as they do with updates for old operating systems like Windows 98? The reason I ask is that, at least in my experience, Money updates have never been a manually downloadable file, but rather once you install the program, Money calls out on the Internet and looks for updates. If Microsoft doesn't keep the updates online, is there any way to download the update files now for permanent keeping? I did a test. I installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Virtual PC. As soon as I went into the program after installation, it updated ...

TreeView XML Question
Hi Guys, I have different pages in ASP.NET.And i have a treeview that populates XML that i use as the MENU. Is it possible to have one asp.net page but populating different XML to the mENU? Any ideas? ...

Viewing Outlook Messages in a Larger Font (After you click to open
I have been able to change my views to a larger font in outlook, except when I click on the message to open it, the message itself does not appear in a larger font. Please advise if this is possible, and if so, how. Thank you ...

XmlTextReader Question #2
Hi, I am starting out an xml file, example's below. It will be like that but larger. I am having problems actually getting at the inner nodes. Example the items I named InputOne, State, DebounceOn. Not sure how to get each data item Any help, directions would be appreciated. Right now I am doing in C#, SystemIO.StreamReader stream = new SystemIO.StreamReader("theFile.xml); XmlTextReader reader = null; reader = new XmlTextReader(stream); while( reader.Read()) switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: Console.Write( reader.Name + reader.Value); break; case XmlNo...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

Question about restarting money
It has been over a year since I have updated my money account. I am ready to start again, but don't know the best way to start over. Do I just start a new account or try to update the old one in some way? any advice will be appreciated Grace Unless you want to input a year's worth of transactions the easiest way is to create a new file. File > New -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Grace" <grace_33322@yahoo.com> wrote ...

Question regarding opening Calender
When I open Outlook it always open to my email. I want to open it to see my calendar always. How might I do that? Thanks! Russ Russ's Signature Page http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. Change it using the dropdown list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, SignatureMan asked: | When I open Outlook it always open to my e...

It is a question about the Visual C++ 6.0 Enter(or Pro)
Hello. Environment : Visual C++ 6.0 Enter versions When I add approximately 1,500 sources to one DLL and build. vc60.idb becomes around 35MB, and the following errors are displayed, and build stops. \x1.cpp(19) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) \x1.cpp(23) fatal error C1073: Internal error involving incremental compilation(compiler file 'main.c', line 629) When I delete vc60.idb, An error is not displayed, and build is performed till the last. Thanks, "teratera" <teratera@discussions.m...

IE8 privacy question

font list
Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document? On Jun 1, 6:25=A0pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote: > Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document? Did this get lost in the changeover? The transition into forums doesn't seem to be finished yet. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message news:3a075bf7-0106-458f-8390-dae4a97668fb@c11g2000vbe.googlegroups.com... On Jun 1, 6:25 pm, "...

Can't set default font for envelopes
I've been able to set default fonts for Normal.doc but envelopes keeps forgetting the default. While in Mailing/Envelopes - I highlight and right click on the address I entered. I select the font I want (Trebuchet MS) and select DEFAULT at bottom left. The message: "You are about to change the default font to (Default) Trebuschet MS,. Do you want to change to affect all new documents based on the Normal Template?" I select YES - It doesn't work. And the Normal.docx has alread had the default set to Trebuchet MS. and seems to be holding. An earlier ...

focus question
Hi! I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem excluded it from the system)... the problem is as follows: The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example) while pressing buttons on the keyboard. Please help :) Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret). Thanx. climax! wrote: > Hi! > > I am developi...

Simplifying my previous question ...
I suspect that (since I didn't get any response on my previous request for assistance) I may need to approach this in stages ... Assuming that Information Rights Management (IRM) won't give me the detailed permissions I need, basically, here's what I need: 1. A Macro that will unprotect a series of Workbooks (approximately 200 of them) so that the Auto Update function in Linked Data can update without user intervention. 2. I copied this Macro from a previous post -- how can I modify the following code to achieve what I need from it: Can I use something like this? I ...

Odd-numbered Font Sizes When Composing
When composing e-mails, the font size selector in the formatting toobar only shows even-numbered fonts, i.e. 8, 10, 12. I need to compose in 11-point. I can go into Tools/Options/Fonts and set up new messages for 11-point, but when I go to compose a message, it always goes to 12. ...

Toolbar only shows symbols plus font question
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348491993_24392315 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have 2 questions: When I copy/paste text from another source (another email message or a Word document) into an email message, the font changes to a different typestyle/size which Entourage does not allow me to change. I end up having to retype it all if I want it to look uniform rather than like a ransom note. What do I n...

Autofilter question
I have an autofilter with a column of data that includes operators such as > and <. For example, one of the records would read "> 60 days past due" How would I go about coding the criteria to show the records that display "> 60 days past due"? Thanks, Chad Macro recorder returns this. Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=> 60 days past due" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:23:01 -0700, Chad <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an autofilter with a column of data that include...

Vertical text , font corruption
Hi there. I'm trying to draw a vertical text. But I see the font is corrupted. I mean it looks ugly. No antialiasing and so. whe I draw the text horizontal it looks just fine. I'm using "lf.lfEscapement = - 90 * 10;" to make a font vertical and "pDC->TextOut(20, 22, sTitle);" for drawing. lf.lfQuality = ANTIALIASED_QUALITY for both vertical and horizontal. Have now idea what it could be... Any ideas? Thanks. In article <#2zFLx2EFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "German Koninin" <germanD0Tkoninin/_\TcolumbuscrmD0|com> says... > Hi the...

Yet another address book question
Just move to Outlook ought three and t'was my good luck to see a posting here simply saying the you could no longer automatically put people you reply to in your address book. That's what I was looking for. Followed the link to some code to work around this but there was no explanation about how to make the code work. So, what's the real work around for this handy feature (automatically adding people to your phone book)? Do I just use OE or move to some other email program? Thanks, Becky If you are referring to the sample code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autob...

Question on Budgets for Money 2005
I am considering buying Money 2005. I have a question about the budget feature in Money 2005. I was wondering if you can specify when the budget starts and ends each month. For instance, my budget goes from the middle of the month to the middle of the next month. Thanks for your help. The budget stuff has changed a bit (advanced budget (same as 2004) versus the 'essential' budget), but having budgets running from custom dates is not one of them. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny ...

Runtime Error 9: Subscript out of range on opening Excel 2003
.. Every time Excel launched (Office 2003 running on Win2k Pro) a box pops up with "Runtime Error 9: Subscript out of range". Note that this is when launching Excel - no workbook has been opened yet so it isn't related to VBA code in a specific workbook. We can acknowledge the error and then use Excel seemingly normally - there is no odd behavior noted. This has been ongoing for several weeks. I suspect it may be a problem related to an add-in? Any ideas??? Hi do you have any addins installed or event code in your personal.xls file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt,...