fixed column

hi
I have a problem I want to fix a column's value please
help me

"majid" <mr_farahmand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I have a problem I want to fix a column's value please
> help me

You will have to provide more information about what you want.
A column does not have a value. A cell may have a value, but as a column
contains many cells it may contain many values.
A column has a width - is this what you are talking about?
What do you mean by 'fix'?

0
Anon
7/21/2003 11:12:55 AM
Hi Majid!

If you mean fix the maximum value that can be put in any cell in a
column:

Select the Column
Data > Validation
Select either "Decimal" or "Whole number"
Put in the allowable minimum
Put in the allowable maximum
"Follow you nose" with Input Message and Error Alert Tabs
OK

Rather than apply to every cell in a column, I think that applying to
the range of actual or potential data entry would be better.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"majid" <mr_farahmand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I have a problem I want to fix a column's value please
> help me

0
njharker (1646)
7/21/2003 11:48:12 AM
Or, possibly you mean that you wish to replace calculated values with
constant values.  Select the column, copy it, and use
Edit>Paste_Special>Values.

"majid" <mr_farahmand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I have a problem I want to fix a column's value please
> help me

0
steve9257 (19)

How to align columns of text in a CEdit Control?
Is it possible to align text in columns in a CEdit control? I'm using stringstream to print the formatted text to a variable. When I send it to a text file , it looks good, but when I send it to a multiline edit box - the columns don't line up..but they are correct. Not sure if the font is the problem or what. Is there a way to do this or do I need some other kind of control or what? Thanks, Tony C. <trx32@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:iu3i94ttheepceuvoqdu4o712509r31jso@4ax.com... > > > Is it possible to align text in columns in a CEdit contro...

Aligning rows of data from multiple data sets in columns
Have table of data 2001 2002 2003 Name # Name # Name # A 23 A 33 A 29 B 20 B 22 B 29 C 15 D 36 C 12 D 33 E 20 E 48 G 19 F 12 F 19 Each year's data includes a name (A, B, C, etc.) and a number. However, not all years include all names. How can I match up names in each row so all "A's" appear in one row, "B's" in one row etc. along with their correspond...

Comparing Multiple Rows Across Multiple Columns from Imported CSV
I need to compare thirty+ rows (companies) across five columns (marketing indicators) and would like to output those companies that appear most frequently in the top five positions across those columns in rank order * Companies are ranked in descending order on Ind_A and Ind_F, * Companies are ranked in ascending order on Ind_B, Ind_C, Ind_D and Ind_E, * Final rank order should be output to output.csv My best effort to date is very log-winded - I would appreciate a more elegant solution, if possible? matekus -- Illiud Latine dici non potest Company,Ind_A,Ind_B,Ind_C,...

how do I fix hotmail sync issues in outlook
I have 3 hotmail accounts that I use outlook to monitor. One of them is having sync issue out of nowhere. What to do? I'd try the beta connector - OLC 14 Beta 32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3d003da0-f684-4f4d-a9c8-8d15b84f60d1 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWS...

Printing data ranges from multiple columns to a single column
I'm trying to create a column (d) in excel which will combine th outputs from 3 other cells (a) (b) and (c). I need column (d) to look up the unspecified range of information fro column (a), followed immediatedly by the unspecified range o information in column (b) again, followed by column (c). Column (d now will contain the list abc: a= 1 2 3 b= w x y z c= * + therefore: d= 1 2 3 w x y z * + I'm sure it's not that hard to do, I'm just very new to excel. Any hel would be really appreciated. : -- BushMonste ---------------------------------------------------------------...

fixed assets and multicurrency
Does anyone know of a resource to properly implement Fixed Assets with a company that has been setup for various years and use multicurrency? How are the layers of different currencies treated? Thanks. -- Patti The Fixed Asset will have same currency as functional currency of company database. So if you use Asset Import Export tool in Dynamics GP to import fixed asset with EUR currency and amount but the functional currency is CAD then based upon exchange rate tables it will convert cost of asset to CAD amount. But be careful when you import LTD Depreciation for Book because...

TEXT to COLUMNS #3
I use the "text to columns" (data menu) feature to copy data I get from an internet site onto my EXCEL spreadsheet. To be more specific, I copy data for 1)the location, 2) the latitude, and 3) the longitude into colukmn A ONLY: A B C D E F G Jasper 52° 53' N 118° 4' W 52 53 118 4 Jasper 52.88 118.07 THEN, I USE TEXT TO COLUMNS TO 'SPREAD' MY DATA FROM COLUMN A INTO COLUMNS A,B,C,D,E,F &G. Then, my program converts degrees with minutes into a number with 2 decimal places. ...

Column Index Numbers
Where do I find a list of index number meanings? For example what doe the "2" and "0" mean at the end of this formula? I need to know fo all index numbers. =vlookup(e5,sheet1!$b$7:$c$228,2,0) Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There is no list I guess. "2" is the number of the Column from the lef hand side of your table where you want the value to come from. If yo want the value to come from the 10th column of your table then pu "10". all of it depends on which Column you want to use. "0" is False meaning it would g...

Separating Names in a Column to Two Columns
I need to export a great deal of data, where the last and first names need to exist in two separate columns, i.e., Doe, Jane to Doe Jane Is there any way to accomplish without retyping? Thanks, D Look at Data>Text to columns in the main menu -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "donniebrook" <donniebrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D776196-B5E8-49DA-A5B1-BA0D45ACF0FE@microsoft.com... >I need to export a great deal of data, where the last and first names need >to > exist in two separate columns, i.e...

Weekly report and multiple column counts
I need to generate a weekly of every Friday and give counts for multiple fields. So it will look like: Week # of Open # of Closed # Pending 7/7/07 9 2 5 7/13/07 17 0 1 7/20/07 12 3 6 7/27/07 20 0 1 How would I set this up? Originally I was going to have a temporary table with all the values and have the report's recordsource point to the temp table but what if multiple users run the report? Wouldn't the da...

Column Titles
How do I replace the letters at the top of the columns to text? I have quite a long list of items and I can't tell which columns are which as I go down the page. Hi Penny You can't replace them But you can use window-Freeze Panes in the menubar To freeze the first column and Row select cell b2 and do windows -Freeze Panes You can put your own headers in the first row and column now Under Tools -options -View uncheck row & column headers so the default row and column headers are gone -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Penny&q...

Expert Fix on Vista Blue Screen Problem?
Hi, I had black screen problem few days ago. I used System Restore + Reboot to fix the problem and finally got everything back again working even faster than before. But, 3 days later, now I am getting the so called Blue Screen problem and nothing seems working. I tried the System Restore many times but still getting Blue Screen! Any expert tells me what should I do please? Thanks, Mike "Mike" <maasultan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6e607a3a-2cea-4fe4-9b18-5e6708413f31@b23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I had black screen problem fe...

matching columns
I'm trying to concord data between two excel files, but unfortunately some information was dropped from one file to the next. I was wondering if there is a way to sort ranges such that the contents of one column match up to the contents of another column. So, for example this: a/1 => a/1 a/2 => a/3 a/3 => b/1 b/2 => b/2 b/3 => c/2 c/1 c/2 would become this: a/1 => a/1 a/2 => -/- a/3 => a/3 -/- => b/1 b/2 => b/2 b/3 => -/- c/1 => -/- c/2 => c/2 Not sure if this is what you need or not, but give it a try and see: Open bo...

Combo box in Excel that displays 2 columns
with out VBA can I create a combo box in Excel that displays 2 columns I can't see a way to do this, but you could 'cheat' and have an extr columns that combines the two columns. e.g. Dog is in A1 and Cat is in B1. In C1 use the formula =A1&" "&B1 to give Dog Cat as the answer. Then have the Combo box looking at column C. ichu05 Wrote: > with out VBA can I create a combo box in Excel that displays 2 column -- Clivey_U ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Clivey_UK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #3
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Compare two columns datas
Hi, Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE if two columns values are EXACTLY the same (same row, same value) and FALSE if not... Is there an Excel function to do that ? Or will I have to check every cell (if A1=B1, A2= B2,....) thks for help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100<>""),--(A1:A100=B1:B100))=MAX(COUNTA(A1:A100),COUNTA( B1:B100)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113814052.562556.195190@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Lookin for an easy way to tell TRUE ...

Stacked Column Chart...HELP NEEDED
I would like to stack 2 sets of data side by side for each month. For example, I have Category A (type 1, type 2) and Category B (type 1, type 2). I am using a stacked column chart and cannot seem to do this without jumbling around the data section which doesn't make for easy understanding. Different chart type? Any ideas? If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and the following MSKB article has an example: XL200...

How to search all columns in all table in a database
recently I've come accross a pocedure written by Narayana Vyas Kondreddi about searching in all tables for a keyword. This procedure returns 2 columns : one with the found keyword and one with the table name , column name where the keyword was found. All sounds perfect and actually works perfect. My problem si how to return all the other fields associated with that column? after I have got the search results back! The procedure is here http://vyaskn.tripod.com/search_all_columns_in_all_tables.htm the results are in this format: [dbo].[ARTICLE].[AC_TITLE] Validity o...

Charting with empty columns in between
Let's say the data is Particulars Frequency q 5 w - e 6 r 7 While drawing a chart, it should not show wth column when it is 0, otherwise it should take it into consideration. How ? Replace the empty cell by =NA() which displays as #N/A and is ignored by the chart engine OR Click on the chart and open (in Excel 2003) Tools | Option | Chart and specify how empty cells are to be treated. Similar option in Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

Waterfall/Stacked Column Chart Labels
I currently have a waterfall/stacked column chart for a series of global data. The only part I cannot figure out is how to get the labeling correct. Example, the "red" bar is an increase in spend and the "green" bar is a decrease in spend, I would like to have labels as such, Red bar labels on top outiside of the graph bar and green bar labels at the bottom outside of the graph so you can see the progression across the chart. Is this possible without manully pulling the labels individually? Thanks... ...

Change sorting order behavior for columns with pick list values
Please change the behavior for sorting anny view for any entity to the label name instead of the value of the label. as Microsoft CRM 3.0 has a bit strange way of the sorting behavior in views for columns with pick list values When in a view (any view for any entity) When a column is a pick list field When I sort the view on the column which is a pick list field The sorting order is not by label name The sorting order is not by order in the pick list The sorting order appears to be on the value belonging to the label result looks to be un-logical ---------------- This post is a suggesti...

selecting/resize columns not working
We are having problems with not be able to select or resize columns on certain PC's (using web access to CRM). This is in the Edit columns in Advanced find and customization. It doesn't give an error message, just doesn't do anything when we try to select. This occurs on the server, and on 3 PC's (new ones) in the office. Other PC's it works ok. Everything else in CRM works ok, and have checked the security settings in IE, and everything seems to be the same between the working and non working PC's. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Malcolm I had...

Formula
I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me th percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3. 24 16 8 4 What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4 28 22 40 17 What is the percentage between 22 and 17 If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the saving percentage. I think I said that right! Thanks for the help. Sam -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try something like: =D12/SMALL(A12:C12,1) and format the result as a percentage. -- Andy. "samilees >"...

Disable Adding & Deleting Rows/Columns
Is there an option you can set on a worksheet that will disable the user from adding and deleting rows/columns? I have macros set up in a workbook and everytime the user decides to add or delete a column it messes up the macros so I want to disable them from doing it. Thanks in advance. Hi if you have version 2002 and above you can do this via tools / protection / protect sheet first unlock all cells (select all cells / format / cells - protection - untick locked) then choose tools / protection / protect sheet - tick everything except inserting & deleting columns & rows clic...

Data in table, may need to convert to columns with OFFSET?
I have data in the following format: Column A is a numerical range from a2-a70 Row 1 is a numerical range of data from b1 - cc1 The data in between "row 1" and "column a" is the recorded data I need to access. (This data is the recording of energy directed at a cellphone antenna and Column A is the 'angle' at which the energy strikes the widget, with row 1 being the amount of energy fired at the widget. The result is shown in the corresponding cell.) (Column A) (B) (C) (D) (E) (F) angle/energy 1 2 3 4 5 -3 (resu...