Fix column width with when sychronizing a list to a Sharepoint sit

When I synchronize my Excel file with a Sharepoint web site, the column
widths change (i.e. get wider) in an attempt to allow all of the text
(wrappred) to be visable. This repeats itself with every saving iteration
which makes the file to big to print and I then have to manually reset the
column widths. Is there a way I can keep the column width the same when
synchronizing? Or, alternatively, is there a way I can easily restore the
column widths without have to manually resize them? Thanks, Bob.
0
Bobs (20)

Click on the Data. then, get the External Data Toolbar, if it didn't pop up
on its own. Click on the Format Button (Second from the left, most likely).
Under Data Formatting and Layout, remove the check for Adjust Column Widths.

tj

"bobs" wrote:

> When I synchronize my Excel file with a Sharepoint web site, the column
> widths change (i.e. get wider) in an attempt to allow all of the text
> (wrappred) to be visable. This repeats itself with every saving iteration
> which makes the file to big to print and I then have to manually reset the
> column widths. Is there a way I can keep the column width the same when
> synchronizing? Or, alternatively, is there a way I can easily restore the
> column widths without have to manually resize them? Thanks, Bob.
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

Listing all the files on a disk
I apologize for asking a simple question, but I hope that somebody can help. I am looking for a sample .vbs script to list the full name (including path) of all the files in a given disk, if possible with owner and size. Before building it from scratch, is there a sample I can start from? Regards Marius I would take a look on this forum: 'visual basic, vb, vbscript,Free source code for the taking. Over five million lines of programs.' (http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/default.asp?lngWId=1) Tree Walk or recursive directly search/list programs are usually common...

Preventing Viewing of certain columns by recipient
How does one prevent the recipient of an excel spreadsheet from unhiding columns or rows. For example, I have hidden columns of "cost price" on a spreadsheet and do not want the recipient to be able to view the "cost price" info. Well, you could password protect the sheet (Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet...), but anyone with enough gumption to find these newsgroups could bypass that protection in a heartbeat: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html You should assume that if someone can open your workbook that they have full access to everything in it. A...

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for s...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

Is there a quick way to delete all duplicate rows in a column?
Column A consists of names; Column B consists of dates. If a name is registered on more than one occasion, there will be two entries with same name, different dates. Is there a quick way to delete these duplicates other than sorting Col. A alphabetically and deleting them manually? In C1 add =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"Dup","") and copy down then filter on column C, and select Dup, and delete visible rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jellaby" <Jellaby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

How to sort a column in reverse (right-to-left)
Hello, Below you can find an example of my worksheet: DC 00 03 20 FE 06 55 20 BD 09 29 40 CT 08 41 70 GT 09 92 80 In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting all the numbers by hand. Can you split the column into 4 seperate columns using data --->text to columns (format all cells as text beforehand so you dont lose leading 0's)? Then Select entire region and sort by Col D then other criteria "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C35BFB65-8...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

not user if this is a bug that was fixed or my memory gone bad...
I year or two ago I created a mail merge into Publisher from MS Access that has text and photos. It's a directory with photos and text below... What I ended up with then, that I want to do again is have the pages lay out like the following. Photo1 photo 2 Photo1 photo 2 Photo3 photo 4 Photo3 photo 4 Photo5 photo 6 Photo5 photo 6 Photo7 photo 8 Photo7 photo 8 Photo9 photo 10 Photo9 photo 10 The page layout is landscape with two columns (portrate) This worked great as I could print off all 30+ pages,...

Please Help! Outlook Task list as HTML?
I urgently need help figuring out a way to convert, publish, export, etc., my Outlook task list as a HTML web page. I need to be able to retain all of the view characteristics of the original task list, i.e., colors, columns, sort, etc.. Really would appreciate any suggestions as I need this for an online meeting Monday night for people outside of our organization who do not have access to our Exchange Server. THANKS!!!! Why not use Outlook Web Access??? You could do screen captures and/or print to PDF files? Do you have the ability to make PDFs? If all else fails, use PRINTSCR...

create calendar drop down list in Excel sell
i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to import it or link a sell to a calendar? Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F312DC0-3E90-4A1B-9B3C-7D239A5845A7@microsoft.com... > i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to > import it or link a sell to a calendar? ...

retaining original column widths in excel
How do I retain original column widths when opening excel files sent to me. ...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Forms Drop down list
I created a form that works from a table. From the form you can enter information and it will put it into the table. I would like to create a field in the form where the user can selects what to be inputed from a drop downlist. how would I do that? You need to first create another table which contains the values you want to list, each as a separate row in the table. If the values to be looked up are unique, then the 'referenced' table and the 'referencing' table can have the same column, e.g. a States table could have a State column, and the referencing table, e.g. a ...

How to put in alphabetic list automatically in Excel Spreadsheet?
I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put the list into alphabetical order once they are on the spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for the life of me remember how to do it, if it is possible that is!! Yes, it has been a long time between uses of the application. Many thanks for any help anyone can offer. Helen :-) Boom wrote on Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:16:02 -0700: BSL> I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put BSL> the list into alphabetical order once they are on the BSL> spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

Scheduling meetings with a distribution list
It appears that if I schedule a meeting using a distribution list that Outlook gets confused. If I send out a meeting request with a distribution list as "Required Attendee", as invitees respond to the meeting request, their answers come back as if they were "Optional Attendess". Is the fact that I sent the request out as a distribution list confusing Outlook?? Is this a personal distribution list or a DL from the Exchange GAL? In = what version of Outlook?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock....

HR TO DO List
I am trying to get Review notifications to show up on the To Do List automatically. I create a Review Policy and mark "Post Date of Next Review to the To Do List", but nothing shows up on the To Do List. Do I have to do anyhting else for this to work ? ...

How to open worksheet with preset columns displayed?
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with 8 columns, A-H. I have "frozen" the first two columns, A & B, so that I may scroll back and forth between columns C-H, while columns A& B remain on the screen. For some reason, each time I open the worksheet, columns C-H are all shifted over one column to the left, so that column C is not visible. What I see are these three columns like this: A | B | D But what I want to see are the first three columns like this: A | B | C So each time I open the worksheet I have to manually scroll columns C- H to reveal column C. Even if ...

How to..use worksheet form and save data to an Excel list
I'm using Excel 2003. Is is possible to create a worksheet form where the user enters data, saves the data and the data is then saved to the last row in an Excel list? Once the data is saved by the end user, I would like the form to refresh so that the end user can continue entering additional data. Does anyone know of any documentation or examples I could review regarding the above as I have never done this before? TIA. Maybe just Data|Form would be sufficient. If that doesn't fit your needs, look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

DPM 2007 SP1 does not see sharepoint when creating a protection gr
When creating a protection group in DPM 2007 SP1 I do not see the SharePoint farm listed. I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 DPM Server: 1. Installed Hotfix Package KB976542 October 2009 I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 WFE that DPM is pointed to: 1. Added the sharepoint Farm Administrator account to the Local Administrators group 2. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -EnableSharePointProtection command and the Windows SharePoint Services farm administrator credentials when prompted 3. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -ResolveAllSQLAliases N...