first row on all pages

My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
Column J  for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2

The spread sheet goes through column AD

When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
work. The data is only printed on page 1

Any suggestions
0
Gladys (25)

Gladys

Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description.........

Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method
instead.

Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal.

Merged cells cause no end of problems with many Excel functions/features.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:26:03 -0800, Gladys <Gladys@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
>Column J  for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2
>
>The spread sheet goes through column AD
>
>When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
>work. The data is only printed on page 1
>
>Any suggestions
0
Gord
12/19/2005 9:48:26 PM
Hi,

I tried centering across selection also and this does not work.

I am using Excel 2003 if this helps. If you would like I can send you the
spreadsheet.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Gladys
>
> Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description.........
>
> Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method
> instead.
>
> Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal.
>
> Merged cells cause no end of problems with many Excel functions/features.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:26:03 -0800, Gladys <Gladys@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
> >Column J  for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2
> >
> >The spread sheet goes through column AD
> >
> >When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
> >work. The data is only printed on page 1
> >
> >Any suggestions

0
Gladys (25)
12/20/2005 2:04:03 PM
Excel does quirky things sometimes.......

Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the
merged cells,  type in your first two lines and try again.

It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494

I've already tried this...no such luck! Thanks though!

"tghcogo" wrote:

> Excel does quirky things sometimes.......
>
> Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the
> merged cells,  type in your first two lines and try again.
>
> It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.
>
> TGHC
>

> --
> tghcogo
> tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

0
Gladys (25)
12/20/2005 2:43:05 PM
I've even tried creating a new document with data in just the first few rows.
I still get the same results. I've tried this on a couple of machines running
excel 2003.

"Gladys" wrote:

> I've already tried this...no such luck! Thanks though!
>
> "tghcogo" wrote:
>

> > Excel does quirky things sometimes.......
> >
> > Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the
> > merged cells,  type in your first two lines and try again.
> >
> > It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.
> >
> > TGHC
> >

> > --
> > tghcogo
> > tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

0
Gladys (25)
12/20/2005 3:17:04 PM
Hmmm

How do you enter the details for rows to repeat, you must use absolute
references, in fact it's better to use the mouse and the locator icon
in the "Rows to Repeat field."

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

Yup...That's what I do!

I click on Page setup
I click on the Sheet Tab
I click on the collapse down button in the "rows repeat at the top" window
I select row 1 and 2
I click on the collpse up button
and select ok.

I've ran detect and repair - I've tried a spreadsheet from scratch - I am
lost.

"tghcogo" wrote:

> Hmmm
>
> How do you enter the details for rows to repeat, you must use absolute
> references, in fact it's better to use the mouse and the locator icon
> in the "Rows to Repeat field."
>
> TGHC
>

> --
> tghcogo
> tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

0
Gladys (25)
12/20/2005 4:41:04 PM
I'm lost now, the only thing I can think of is perhaps it's your
printer, unless of course it replicates on different printers.

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

If it's just a page heading you want you could set up a
header........I'm grasping at straws now.

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

Thanks again!

I ended up having the user use the header and adjust margins so It appears
that it is in the rows right above. I am still confused though.

SO if any of you Excel MVP out there Knows how to fix this - please let me
know.

Happy Holidays!

"tghcogo" wrote:

> If it's just a page heading you want you could set up a
> header........I'm grasping at straws now.
>

> --
> tghcogo
> tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10494
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494715

0
Gladys (25)

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

How do i keep the colors applied to the specific rows when sortin.
I have applied specific colors to specifc rows, but when i sort the colored rows follow the sorting format. ...

deleting duplicate rows
I have an import file that might have duplicates that I don't want to deal with. I'm creating a temp table from the import file and want to delete the duplicates from the temp table before proceding with other code. Here's an example table: create table #temp (itemnum int, firstname varchar(10), notes varchar(50)) insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some other note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (2, ...

Resize rows in a protected sheet
Hi there. I'm sending out a protected worksheet with some cells that the users can enter variable amounts of text. I've set the size so they can comfortably fit in about 50 words but I'd like them to have the flexibility to resize the row height when they're editing the worksheet. But because it's protected, they can't. Is there anyway I can allow them to change the row height dynamically? A button or something?? Andrew A workaround. Format the alignment in the cell to Wrap text. Users can Keep entering text or returns (ALT+ENTER) in the cell and it will aut...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Autofit rows
I am having an issue with autofitting rows in a spreadsheet of imported text in Excel 2003. There are no merged cells in the document, and none of the cells go over the 1024 character limit. When I select all rows and attempt to autofit the rows to the contents of the cells, some of the rows resize properly, and some leave one or several lines of white space below the bottom of the text in the longest cell. I can resize them manually, but this is data that is imported daily and runs to several thousand rows. If I widen the column where I am having the problem, once it reaches a certain ...

I'm looking for a cookbook page format
Final copy will be bound in 6 x 9 inch format (book size). Thanks :) 2 recipes per page I'm thinking. ...

Paste row under existing data
Hello to the group, this is the first time I'm here and I'm getting a little desperate looking for a solution. I hope I'll find someone who can help me with this. Anyone who helps me has a virtual beer from me, cause this is rather urgent and I don't know how to do it. :-) Okay, here's the deal. I'm using Excel 2000. I have a worksheet which is used to enter different kinds of data (no kidding). When it's all entered, it creates a row of 5 cells which needs to be copied to another worksheet in another file for tracking purposes. Furthermore, it needs to be done for...

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

Copying non-adjacent columns to adjacent rows
Hi all, I consider myself fluent in Excel, but I've developed a situation that has stumped me. Any help would be much appreciated. I might be able to solve this issue if somebody could show me how to add a number to a column. For example, if I want Excel to pull data from Column D, how can I get Excel to realize that column D is really the same thing as Column A + 3? I know you can use the column() command to get the numerical value for a column, but is there a way to have it do that in reverse, such that you could tell it the column number is 4 and it would know that you are referring...

Adding Row an keepin correct SUM
This a reverse of my previous question. I have the following; =1-SUM(F5:F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% If I delete the row with 10% and later wish to add a row after the formula, the formula does not recognize the new row. Is there a way to do this? On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 at 12:09:33, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >This a reverse of my previous question. > >I have the following; > >=1-SUM(F5:F7) >10.00% >9.75% >0.50% > >If I delete the row with 10% and later >wish to add a row after the formula, >the formula does not recognize...

How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet
I am importing data into an excell spreadsheet that has 100,000 + records, how do I expand on the 65,356 record limit that I see in Excell? Wait for Excel 12! Over 1,000,000 rows, Seriously, there's no way to expand this. It's fixed in stone and is always 65536. However, you can read records in thru VBA code and break it onto new worksheets when you reach the limit, but NOT by doing File/Open. "Jake Clark" <Jake Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6BC728-BA9C-4F33-9BB8-820CFF14C3FE@microsoft.com... > I am importing data into an excell spreadsh...

shrink excel page to print out standard size
I would like to print out an excel page on to a standard sheet of paper. Can not figure it out. In Page Setup>Page look at "Fit to" 1 by 1 Depending upon the size of the printrange the printout may not be readable. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:50:03 -0700, clara <clara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print out an excel page on to a standard sheet of paper. Can >not figure it out. ...

Hiding Rows with Macros
I want to hide rows based on the value given in G4. Example: if G4=6, then hide rows 17-25; if G4=3, then hide rows 14-20; if G4=11, then hide rows 22-25. I am using the following macro, but it does not work. Sub Hide_Rows() ' ' Hide_Rows Macro ' ' Rows.Offset("A14:A25").EntireRow.Hidden = True End Sub Please help. Thanks, Attachment filename: hide rows.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=383145 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Sub Hide_Rows() Rows("14:25&...

Email 3 page newsletter
Trying to email a 3 page newsletter all at once using the send email feature. Publisher only allows 1 page at a time. There has got to be a way to send more than 1 page without having it as an attachment -- bob07 Create the newsletter as one long page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "bob07" <bob07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B94C8DF-1612-4B04-95F7-C6722E4324D8@microsoft.com... > Trying to email a 3 page newsletter all at once using the send email > feature. > Publisher only allows 1 page at a time. There has got to be a way to send > more tha...

tricky problem with 14800 rows (collating figures)
Hi, I'm trying to sort through a very large amount of data, and to get averages from it. (14800 ows in the full version !!). What I need to do is 1) Find out how many times each DELAY (column B1) appears for each AIRLINE (A1) and give a total for each airlines (This is to show which delay affects individual airlines the most) 2) Add up the CPU time spent on delays for each airline 3) Collate the number of ABENDs-periairline, and CPU time-per-airlines in to a grand total I need hedlp with this one as it is totally out of my depth. A1 B1 C1 AIRLINE DEL...