Finding Macros In Workbooks

Is there a wasy to find all Excel workbooks in a folder
that have a macro in them.  If so, how?

Thanks,

John

Macro Editor disabled
I created a macro to delete attachments on my laptop. I also had rules referring to scripts. Coming back to the office and logging on to the network I got a question (kind of like) whether the SERVER or the CLIENT should have priority to run rules. I think I selected CLIENT. However, it now appears that the vba project is not available anymore and even worse, the macro editor is disabled. I checked if vba was disabled under Disabled-Items list but it doesn't show up. Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks In the mean time I found out that the problem has to do with...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

macros are disabled message but macro security is low
I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an Excel worksheet. I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros..., the Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step Into buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed. The secruity level is NOT set to high, however. I have tried every setting from high to low, with no effect on the error message. Any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I have tried to us...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Macro to Protect workbook using a password #2
I know this would be a little unorthodox, but I currently have a macro that will unprotect a workbook including a password. The line is as follows: ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (password) I also want a macro that will do just the opposite, including the password. Is this possible? I've tried the following with no luck. ActiveWorkbook.Protect (password), Structure:=True, Windows:=True You got two replies when to your identical post on Tuesday. If they weren't suitable, please explain why not. If you didn't see them, you can always see your posts and any replies using the Go...

Running an Excel Macro from VC++
Hi, I use Excel Automation from VC++. I would like to run a macro already stored in Excel on the workbook that I just created. I was thinking that _Application::Run() would do it but it doesnt' seem to find my macro. The macro is stored under the name PERSO.XLS!Macro1. Run doesn't seem to find it. Even if I user Macro1 as an argument, I still can't run this macro. Any ideas why ? Cheers. ...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

ActiveCell.Offset for event macro
I need to move from the active cell in any row to the cell in column 6 of the same row. I know how to use ActiveCell.Offset to move a fixed number of rows and columns. But I can't figure out how to handle a relative row and absolute column situtation. What I need is... ActiveCell.Offset(0,"however many cells there are between the column I'm in and column 6) Do I need to create a variable to calculate the number of cells, or is there a simpler way? Thank you! ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) activesheet.cell...

Some macro help
Lets say I have selected the arbitray range of j31:ax44. I want to run some macro code that will hide every column in that selection where the entire selected column range has nothing in it (blank). Data validation may be assigned to the cells, but if nothing has been selected from the drop down list, then those cells are technically blank. There may be data entered elsewhere in the column, but it is outside of the selected range and thus shouldn't be considered for being hidden or not. Can anyone help me with some code to perform this action? TIA, AlanN How about: Option Explicit Sub...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Macro: Find matching DATA, copy correspondently values into another list
Okey guys - please advise me on this. (There was unfortunately no quick response to my latest problem - and I begun to swim... However - that brought me out on deep VBA-water...again - and now need a life buoy (metaphorical spoken)). The core of my macro problem is to look for all the values in column A (Range A5:A??) in Sheet "BOARD" (not bored!!!) that match values in another list placed in column A in sheet "LIST". When finding the match I will copy correspondent celle.value in column D / sheet "BOARD" into column B in sheet "LIST" - this w...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

Finding data
Hi all, first post here at these forums :) I have a question/ problem that hopefully someone can answer for me. If anyone has the time, could they have a look at the attachment, i was easier that trying to explain it. But in a nutshell it involve finding data within sheets and totaling them on another sheet. The problem is that in my real world example, I will have 40 sheets and 100 rows of data, so performing it manually is out of th question. cheers, and thanks for your time. Charli +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: help1.zip ...

ADO Find method
I would like to know if there is a way to use the ADO Find method to find one of several values for a single column. See the following example: rstOpenJobProcess.Find "[proc#] = '940' or '941'" I would like to search for proc# '940' or '941'. I want to avoid using a like statement in the criteria (such as [proc#] Like '94*') because I may use '942' for something else in the future that I would not want to search for. Is there a way to use the Find method in this way? Alternatively, is there a clever workaround? Th...

Redefining a table range with a macro
Hello, I need help creating code to redefine a table within a macro. I used the macro recorder to creata a table with the same name but to point to another locations. ActiveWorkbook.Names("Table1").Delete ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Table1", RefersToR1C1:= _ "='Sheet1'!R3C28:R12C37" How do I make this dynamic, so the starting point, #of rows and # of columns are defined by variables? Help is much appreciated. Regards, OMER On May 21, 4:57=A0pm, OMER <O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > ...

Macro help
Hi all, is there a way to copy the name a user inputs (say in cell ref A1) and create a new worksheet within my current workbook with this 'name' using a macro ??. ie the user inputs Bloggs,Joe into cell ref A1, and once the macro is selected a new worksheet is created with the 'tab' now changed to Bloggs,Joe - instead of Sheet1, Sheet2 etc etc thanks PSA I'm a novice -so sorry if this is simple One way: Sub NewSheet() Dim x As Worksheet Set x = ActiveSheet Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = x.Range("A1") End Sub -- tj "Anthony" wrote: ...

Advanced find and seeing full path to mail
When doing an advanced find Outlook only show the sub- folder it is in. How do you get it to list the full path. Listing a sub-folder can be very hard if there are folders with the same name. This is with Outlook 2000. ...

This one is tricky....Macro to save file as cell value x in direct
Hi Two cells A1 & B2 I am trying to create a Macro to attach to a button to Save an .xls as "A1".xls in directory R:/SALES/Team 318/"B2" instead of typing it in all of the time.... Any helpers? Past attempts at this have failed.....the winner will get a big MVP vote! Absolute respect Andy Try something like: Sub Test() Dim mypath As String Dim sfile As Range, sdir As Range mypath = "R:\SALES\Team 318\" Set sfile = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Set sdir = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2") ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filen...

Asked before cannot find question or answer anymore "Caracter mess
When I am using Word I have no problem typing this caracter ? (question mark). however if I type this in OOUTLOOK, than it appears like this É or like this _ It has just done it lately, so I must have changed a setting unknowingly. Can someone please help to get the question mark ? back again... thank you. By the way this time I have checked the "Notify me of repies" Verify your keyboard language and layout settings in Regional and Language option in Control Panel. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/16 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, C...

Macro entering data into a protected Cell??
I'm trying to create a time sheet and I want to have a macro insert the current time into a protected cell (to stop people editing the time manually) Is this possible?? Any tips/hints See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <chortler@fetchmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:1121246433.314393.17210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to create a time sheet and I want to have a macro insert the > current time into a protected cell (to stop people editing the time > manually) > Is this possible?? Any tips/hints > ...

Find a "9" within a range using a function (T/F)
I need to try to cobble together a function nest or whatever I have to do, which will tell me if the number 9 exists anywhere within a range of cells. The 9 could be just one character of a larger number (i.e. 1496), or it could be just a nine. I know that I could use filtering or use the find feature with the dialog box, but I need a formula instead. Also, I just need to know a true or false; I don't need to know where the nine is or any other info. I just need to know if it is there. I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! -- RMC,CPA Hi! Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBE...

opening multiple workbooks, opens in seperate program...
hi, when i open more than 1 woorkbook at the same time, it opens a secon icon at the bottom of my windows taskbar. but when i go to close one of the MSexcel programs it also wants t close the second one aswell.... previosly when i open multiple excel workbooks, it only showed on excel program as being open on the taskbar... can anyone give some insight into this? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com p.s i am using excell 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi sokevin Tools>Options..View Change the Windows in taskbar option -- Regards R...

Find User Object based on Logon Name
I need to find the location of the user object in AD based on the Logon Name IE: I have: JDoe123 (the logon name) I need: LDAP://cn=JohnDoe,ou=users,ou=aaa,ou=bbb,ou=ccc,DC=xxx thanks! By the way - a clarification: i dont know what ou the object is in, so i can not assume it lives in ou=users,ou=aaa,ou=bbb,ou=ccc,DC=xxx "pk" <pk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6CD335-545E-48DE-80DB-0E2E351AA177@microsoft.com... >I need to find the location of the user object in AD based on the Logon >Name > > IE: > I have: > ...

Updating Charts with Macro
I have set up my charts so that i can update them automatically by putting the appropriate data in the fields. I would now like to be able to update them using a macro, but cant seem to get it to automatically go to the next blank cell to put in the date, infor etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thank you in advance -- Chris - You haven't really given enough information to describe your requirement. You could use dynamic ranges, with offset, index, or indirect worksheet functions, and bypass the macros, too. See the few examples and many links here: http://www.geocitie...

XML namespace specified and can't find element