Finding invalid links in the worksheet

I am getting the popup message about updating the links when opening a
spreadsheets. I am trying to find where the links are in the spreadsheet and
couldn't find.
I use the "Links" under the Edit Menu but it doesn't tell me where the links
are located on the spreadsheet. I have mutliple worksheets in this document.
I also did a "Show Formula" and do a text Find but still couldn't find.

Is there a way to locate where the link is referenced on the spreadsheet?
Thanks
Kim

0
zkimleang (2)

You may want to try Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find those pesky
links:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Moosey

---

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

Finding Next Empty Cell in a Range
My worksheet is set-up for 12 month price tracking. The entry range is 12 rows (months) by 31 columns (days). How can I write a macro that will locate the cursor to the next empty cell in the range? What I am looking for is an efficient "find" command. I would prefer to execute by ctl-(letter) if possible. Thanks for helping. Need more information - what last/empty cell are you looking for? Next empty one in a row or column? Do we need to consider what the current month or day is? While we're figuring that out, here's code with 3 separate 'sea...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

Won't go to link
Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or Outlook. Help please. Thanks... Bob Bob Newman <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote: > Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 > > When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go > there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or > Outlook. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm -- Brian Tillman That is not it. I don't get any error messa...

Run-time error '381' Invalid property array index
Dear All, I am using RMS 2.0, In POS i set security (disable read) on all columns of setting Customer window. But i got this error when i press F7: Run-time error '381' Invalid property array index. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated. Ibrahim Zubair I get the same message when I try to reprint a receipt did you find the answer to this problem? "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > Dear All, > > I am using RMS 2.0, In POS i set security (disable read) on all columns of > setting Customer window. But i got this error when i press F7: > Run-time error '...

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

finding all addresses in an exchange system
Being relatively new to Exchange and Outlook, I'm looking for the best way to implement a situation where there is a generic email account that the outside world sends to that a number of people need to monitor. Right now what I have done is set up an email enabled Public Folder and simply give permissions to that folder to the appropriate people. I also hide that address so it doesn't display in the GAL, since there is no reason for internal folks to write to that address. However, one problem I see with this scenario is I can't find an effective way to look at all email addres...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Links won't work in emailed enewsletter, help!
Some links in my e-newletter are unactive when I email it. I've tried to secure the text box with an exact position by going to the text box format options and it won't even let me select this as an option. Any other suggestions? For hyperlinks to work the newsletter has to be HTML. Have you tried using a PDF for your newsletter? You can make the hyperlinks active in a PDF file. Do this search for a free converter. Not all of them have the feature you want. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JulieCCD&qu...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

How to find Scribble Tutorial
Hello, I've just installed Visual Studio 2005 and would like to go through the scribble tutorial. Can someone direct me to the scribble tutorial help topic(s). I searched for scribble, tutorial, etc. I can find the sample code but not the tutorial help. Thanks in advance. >Hello, I've just installed Visual Studio 2005 and would like to go >through the scribble tutorial. Can someone direct me to the scribble >tutorial help topic(s). I searched for scribble, tutorial, etc. I can >find the sample code but not the tutorial help. Thanks in advance. http://msdn.microso...

Nested MID and FIND
Hello all! Does anyone know how I may be able to search a string and extract text from it using the MID and FIND function with multiple FINDS? I have a spreadsheet for which I have a lengthy bit of text for which I have set up to currently extract ",IE". I need to adapt the formula =MID(Dump!A1,FIND(",IE.",Dump!A1)-2,5) to also search for either ",MA" or a ",MC". These characters will always be unique and there will not be a combination of either in the text string. The string will have either one of the three but not two or all of t...

Re: Find and Replace command
Folks, I am wondering if anyone can help me with the following scenario: I downloaded some financial info. from SAP into excel. The negative numbers are showing up as: 585,656.25- I want Excel to replace the ending (-) with a begining (- ). i.e.-585,656.25 I thought that I could type in wildcard characters to replace all the numbers with the ending (-). So: Replace .**- with -**.** While Excel is able to locate the numbers it is just changing it to exact wildcards (e.g. -**.**) I know that I am doing smething wrong..can somebody please help? Thank you. Shans A macro to do all cells...

Problems with "find" function
I sort alot of email and use "find" alot. A few days ago it just stopped working i.e. when I do a find it just scans and scans and produces nothing. This just started. Any thoughts? Thanks Bill ...

HELP!! How to formula the "sheet" link
Hi , I have a workbook contains 1+50 worksheet, I want to link each sheet number to sheet one, besides manually change the sheet # in the formula =SUM('sheet02'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet02'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet03'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet03'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet04'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet04'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet05'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet05'!$H$26) ..... up to sheet 50... Can someone help me to automatic it in anyway? Thank you very much!!!! Nicole Try a formula like the following: =SUM(INDIRECT("Sheet"&TEXT(ROW()-4+2,&...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...

Hide Navigation pane during linking & unlinking tables
I have tables which are linked during statup of my access application. However whenever the linking happens, the naviigation pane(which is setup to be hidden is displayed. Please let me know how can i fix that I haven't seen this problem using A2007 on Vista or Windows Server 2008. Perhaps you have a problem with a different operating system? Perhaps the relink code is showing the navigation pane? Perhaps you would paste your relink code to help us answer your question. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Pradeep" <agarwallp@g...

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

changing the default type of searching in the find function
When I try to search something in Excel 2003 the default LOOK IN type is FORMULAS. How do I set VALUE as default? Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=A...

Invalid Argument when reassigning Ownership of Accounts
Occasionally I get an Invalid Argument error when reassigning Ownership of Accounts in CRM 4.0. This means that some Accounts are reassigned and some aren't ven though the original owner of every Account to be reassigned is the same, and every new owner is the same. This never happened with CRM 3.0. I have the highest possible Security Role. Can anyone help please? I am receiving the same error when I am reassigning ownership of an Account and I have the sysadmin security rights. I get the error when I click save. I am hoping we get a resolution from MS soon! "Stan Stanley&quo...

Help with Lists (tables), Filters, & Worksheets
I'm hoping that I'm just missing something and somebody out there can help me. I'm using Excel 2007, but I'm trying to do something that would also be backwardly compatible. I've used the table (list) function to create a list of campers & associated data for my son's summer camp. What we want to do is have tabbed worksheets within the workbook that shows that data in different views. So, for instance, the first tab is the master list, but the second tab is filtered for the kids in the 1st session youngest class, the third tab is filtered for the kids in the...

Cannot find emails in my inbox greater than a week?
I'm new to outlook for the last month. I've been sending and receiving emails during that time. However, emails keep disappearing from my Outlook 2007 and I'm not deleting them or moving them. This is a business account and I'm losing customer information. Can you help me figure why this is happening? -- Scott Because of the Current View you are using ie last 7 days, amend it as required "TSV" <TSV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA7A5AED-AEE7-41FF-A380-45ADA1B9D00E@microsoft.com... > I'm new to outlook for the las...

Find First on Other Form
Happy Spring Groupies!! I am trying to have access open a second form (and find the first occurrence of a job number) based on what I select on my first form. Unfortunately, I am getting a syntax error in my code: Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strFind As String Dim JobNumber As String Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone strFind = Me.cmbJob docmd.openform "frmPopEditMLT",acnormal,rs.FindFirst "[JobNumber]=""" & strFind & """" <syntax error> I am not very good with code. Can somebody please help me fix this? -...