FINDING "EQUALITY" within 3 consecutive columns

I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
each...also there are probably 1500 rows.

How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
equal?

EXAMPLE:

                           A                     B                     C

1                        128                  158                  188
2                        127                  128                  128
3                        211                  188                  170
4                        199                  196                  165
5                        165                  165                  165
6                        166                  166                  167
7                        179                  185                  196
8                        169                  165                  166
9                        111                  114                  185
10                      117                  185                  165

OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!

Thank you,

FLKulchar

Hi,

This will return 1 for all equal or 0 for not equal. Put it in D1 and double
click the fill handle to make it fill down

=(INT(A1)=INT(B1))*(INT(B1)=INT(C1))
--
Mike

question.

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
> each...also there are probably 1500 rows.
>
> How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
> equal?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
>                            A                     B                     C
>
> 1                        128                  158                  188
> 2                        127                  128                  128
> 3                        211                  188                  170
> 4                        199                  196                  165
> 5                        165                  165                  165
> 6                        166                  166                  167
> 7                        179                  185                  196
> 8                        169                  165                  166
> 9                        111                  114                  185
> 10                      117                  185                  165
>
> OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
> PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
> INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar
Try one of below formulas

=IF(AND(A2=C2,A2=E2),"Match","Mismatch")
=IF(AND(round(A2,0)=round(C2,0),round(A2,0)=round(E2,0)),"Match","Mismatch")

Regards,
Pritesh

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
> each...also there are probably 1500 rows.
>
> How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
> equal?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
>                            A                     B                     C
>
> 1                        128                  158                  188
> 2                        127                  128                  128
> 3                        211                  188                  170
> 4                        199                  196                  165
> 5                        165                  165                  165
> 6                        166                  166                  167
> 7                        179                  185                  196
> 8                        169                  165                  166
> 9                        111                  114                  185
> 10                      117                  185                  165
>
> OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
> PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
> INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar
If you have only one set of 3 equal values - in cell D1 type:
=MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(A1:A1500&B1:B1500&C1:C1500=REPT(A1:A1500,3),),)--
in order to return 5 (in your case)
Micky

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
> each...also there are probably 1500 rows.
>
> How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
> equal?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
>                            A                     B                     C
>
> 1                        128                  158                  188
> 2                        127                  128                  128
> 3                        211                  188                  170
> 4                        199                  196                  165
> 5                        165                  165                  165
> 6                        166                  166                  167
> 7                        179                  185                  196
> 8                        169                  165                  166
> 9                        111                  114                  185
> 10                      117                  185                  165
>
> OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
> PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
> INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar
Thank you (ALL) very much...I used Mike H.'s approach...it seemed simplest!

FLKulchar
"FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
> each...also there are probably 1500 rows.
>
> How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
> equal?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
>                           A                     B                     C
>
> 1                        128                  158                  188
> 2                        127                  128                  128
> 3                        211                  188                  170
> 4                        199                  196                  165
> 5                        165                  165                  165
> 6                        166                  166                  167
> 7                        179                  185                  196
> 8                        169                  165                  166
> 9                        111                  114                  185
> 10                      117                  185                  165
>
> OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
> PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
> INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar

0
Francis
2/26/2010 12:51:16 PM
"FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 consecutive columns, A,B, & C with various numbers within
> each...also there are probably 1500 rows.
>
> How do I find the rows where each of the three numbers within that row are
> equal?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
>                           A                     B                     C
>
> 1                        128                  158                  188
> 2                        127                  128                  128
> 3                        211                  188                  170
> 4                        199                  196                  165
> 5                        165                  165                  165
> 6                        166                  166                  167
> 7                        179                  185                  196
> 8                        169                  165                  166
> 9                        111                  114                  185
> 10                      117                  185                  165
>
> OBVIOUSLY ROW 5 IS THE ANSWER, BUT EACH NUMBER IS FORMATTED TO NO DECIMAL
> PLACES, ALTHOUGH EACH OF THE NUMBERS ARE ARITHEMETIC AVERAGES WITH
> INNUMERABLE DECIMAL PLACES!
>
> Thank you,
>
> FLKulchar

0
Francis

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS) of line of equality
Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS of the line of equality It is generally considered poor form to split an active thread in this way. Also, your meaning is unclear. Jerry aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wrote: > Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS > of the line of equality ...