Finding data

Hi all, first post here at these forums  :)

I have a question/ problem that hopefully someone can answer for me.

If anyone has the time, could they have a look at the attachment, i
was easier that trying to explain it. But in a nutshell it involve
finding data within sheets and totaling them on another sheet.

The problem is that in my real world example, I will have 40 sheets
and 100 rows of data, so performing it manually is out of th
question.

cheers, and thanks for your time.

Charli

|Filename: help1.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2792

ctw_
ctw_3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1662
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31613

Use the excel help menu to lookup the SUMIF Function

To get the unique values in column A of sheet2, sheet3 etc, you can
select Data->Filter->AdvancedFilter etc to get unique records.

Alternatively, you could use VBA to setup an ADODB connection tha
treats the other sheets as database tables, and use SQL to query
summarize against them

--
crispb
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1088

Dashboards and Source Data
Hello, I created a dashboard with several small graphs on it. The data for the graphs is stored on a separate data sheet (i.e., work sheet). I now want to duplicate the dashboard/data sheets to build a dashboard for another employee. I envision the workbook eventually having 5 dashboards driven off 5 data sheets. The trick I'm looking for is a way to change the datasource for the graphs on the copied datasheet to the appropriate corresponding data sheet. I know how to do it manually but it seems like there should be some sort of "find and replace" type f...

How to force data to be put in entry
When anther row (line) is added to a worksheet I want to be made sure within the row a certain column is filled in before saving is done. How do I create that? Thx, Jac Hi Jac You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module to check if all cells in the C column in Sheet1 have a value If not you can't save the file See also this event Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) RC = Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows.Count If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA _ ...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

Finding templates and formats
Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a resignation letter? With much appreciation. Come on Mary...let's see you find a template for this poster :-D DavidF "mandm" <mandm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:724ADDB2-F04E-4AA7-AD35-59BD7CF9ECE7@microsoft.com... > Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a > resignation letter? With much appreciation. Here's an idea, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadkennedys/takethisjobandshoveit.html -- Ron "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com>...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Finding a mailbox (Connector) ??
Below is a line I took from our Backup Exec server log. "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Internet Mail Service (xxxxxx) [internet mail connector (xxxxxx)]MTS-IN Folder00008" I´ve tried everything to find this particular mailbox but failed. I know this is also our connector to the outside and I checked the physical folders where mail are stored but nothing is there. In the administrator tool I cant find it either in hidden or non hidden boxes wich makes it impossible for me to find the faulty email inside. I cant open it in Outlook either since it cant find that particul...

newbie question on finding and editing
Using vb.net, I need to search through XML files to locate specific elements and once found, update attributes of their companion elements. In plain language, I need to find specific book titles and update note information about each book. Not every book would be updated; just selected ones. So, I am confused whether to use DOM, XPath, both, or something else? My understandig of Xpathnavigator is that it is a read-only class. And DOM seems good for mass updates, but how to use it to find things? Thanks for any advise! george Hi Geoge, I'd suggest you use Xml DOM and XmlElement. ...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

I can not find the commands to resize a diagram
I am trying to resize a diagram but I can not find the commands in the Layout menu of the Diagram toolbar. I did this two weeks ago with Office 10 but today with Office 11 the options are not showing up. I tried making a new diagram and I have the same problem. By "diagram" do you mean a drawing from the Drawing Toolbar? Right-click on the diagram and "Format Autoshape". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:52:27 -0800, "Bad Penney" <Bad Penney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to resize a diagram but I can not find the comm...

Cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server
This is the error we get upon the final install checklist. ? What can cause this? Our Network Admin is pretty confident that all of his settings are fine. We can see the Exchanger Server in the domain. What are we missing? There are no users set up yet on this test Eschange server, but there is a OU setup on the Domain...but no specific user there either.????? ? If we press ahead with an install, we can add Exchange (and the router) later, correct? yes you do not need to specify an exchange server to complete the install. You can always add it later ============================== Jo...

Advanced Find Results Export Failure
Hi all, I am seeing problems exporting results from Advanced Find to Excel. Sometimes, when the user clicks on the Excel icon, the program just seems to hang at a window showing "project_data.aspx to crm" and the transfer icon (showing files flying across from one folder to another), but the action does not get completed. This appears to be pretty random, it works once, but then not the next time, for the same Saved View. Could this be a Security Role related setting? Or is this related to the server? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. - Smita Thought I'...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Advanced Find Gripe 3
When searching in Advanced Find for Accounts, we select the field "Hospital Name" which is our primary account and then the Condition "contains" and then the value "North Hospital". We clicked go we had only one record pull up even though there are hundreds of hospitals with North & Hospital in the hospital names. So we tried putting "North * Hospital" in to the value and we got a lot more. Are there additional wildcards or boolean operators and if so where do we find the information? ...

Recover data from a corrupted spreadsheet
any suggestions for recovering data from a secured spreadsheet/ password protected? The hard drive had a corrupted FAT table, I have recovered the files and I can extract data from non-secured spreadsheets but I cannot extract data from any secured spreadsheets. The data appear encrypted. How do I enter a password if I am not prompted for one when attempting to open the spreadsheet? Any suggestions or use of additional third party tools would be appreciated. -- als Maybe OpenOffice would be worth a try: (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) I've never used it, b...

vba excel 2007 data mining
hi, i tried recording a macro to do an analysis using excel 2007 data mining addin. But later when i try to run the macro it did not work. I checked the macro code - it did not seem have any code to call the data mining algorithm in the data mining addin. Please help ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...