Finding Cell with Minor loss of fidelity

I have a Excel Spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2003, but updated with
Excel 2007.
Whenever I save it, it runs the Compatibility Checker, and comes back with a
'Minor loss of fidelity' message. I would like to find the cell(s) that thie
issue talking about.
Is there a way to find which cell(s) have the issue, so I can fix them?
--
Doug Krohn

Hi,
when saving the spreadsheet Save it as xlsm

"Doug Krohn" wrote:

> I have a Excel Spreadsheet that was created in Excel 2003, but updated with
> Excel 2007.
> Whenever I save it, it runs the Compatibility Checker, and comes back with a
> 'Minor loss of fidelity' message. I would like to find the cell(s) that thie
> issue talking about.
> Is there a way to find which cell(s) have the issue, so I can fix them?
> --
> Doug Krohn

recognize the cell
Hi! I have a workbook named Ever and a worksheet called Ton, like this: Row/Column A B C D E F 1 Me 1 Abc 1.2 Etc Etc 2 You 2 Def 1.4 3 2Me 3 Klm 1.3 4 2You 2 Opp 1.3 1. I’m wondering if it’s possible to write a code in VB that recognize the cell the user are pointing/clicking at (with the mouse) no matter were in the worksheet the user is pointing and mark the hole row? 2. If 1. is possible can a input...

set a default value for a cell ?
I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be edited by the user? I have a column which is used by a person to enter values. But A default value should appear. Could you please help me? see help on data validation or debra degliesh's page http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Jeethu" <Jeethu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A34C3B6-EF14-40AB-9CC6-E590AED4B6D8@microsoft.com... >I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be >edited > by the user? > > I have a column which is used by...

Can't find AutoRecover file in path specified in Options dialog.
I had a file open in Excel 2002 in which I made some changes, and then mistakenly closed without saving. But after making those changes, and before closing, it had remained open for over an hour. I'd like to recover those changes, and the path specified in the "AutoRecover save location:" text box in the Options - Save dialog tab is: C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\ However, I couldn't find a *.xls file in that directory. (The only thing in that folder is a file named Excel10.xlb and another folder named XLSTART). I don'...

View Excel Cells in Color
When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me the color ive apply to cell. I have to click the preliminary presentation icon to see the color i ve applyed. Is this an excell error? Why should i do to fix it? The first thing I'd suggest is posting your question in the Excel newsgroup instead of Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "andres torres via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:c282191dd452428491c39a28c93cb703@OfficeKB.com... > When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me th...

what does the outline tool icon look like and how do I find it?
I have spent hours trying to do a table of contents following the 2003 Word directions. No luck. Can anyone give me step-by-step directions. Every time I hit the ok in the table of contents box, it comes back "can't find ...." Now what? I can't find the outline icon on my toolbar. What does it look like? I am a novice, so please bear with me. See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for instructions you can follow. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Professo...

Tally chart cells exist in Excel!??
Hello I was wondering if for example there exists a way in which yo have a cell which u put a line like &#9553; to represent "1" so fo example if you have 5 of those lines in a cell, i want the cell besid to display the number "5". Is this possible, if so can anyone explain me how to do it Thanks for your time From John Woo -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50618 H...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for so...

formatting cells to show time format
Hi I wonder if you can help me with the following. I use Office 97 Professional, and Excel 97 to do the following. I have created a spreadsheet that will be used to calculate times & results for Car Rallies. I have sorted out the formatting of the cells so they show hours, minutes, seconds, and down to thousands of a second, using this time format hh:mm:ss.000. I have done the formulas to work out the elapsed times and then total times, by taking the finish time from the start time etc, then adding elapsed times together to get total times. The thing I am trying to sort out is wh...

Combine cell totals from 5 sheets into summary in Excel
Hi Milor, =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) --- Regards, Norman "milor" <milor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:440449BE-3F82-40E1-ADFB-DD2C261045EC@microsoft.com... > ...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

linking colored cell
I have a worksheet(A) with data linked to a second one(B); when I forma any (A) cell with a selected color, I would like to transmit the ne cell color to the linked one in (B); suggestions will be welcome -- Gerbati ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gerbatin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26867 Cannot be done unless Condtional Formatting is used on both cells to produce the color. OR VBA code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Oct 2...

Find field in CRM and Case search in CRM
hey: I have a ton of cases with emails attached/regarding each case individually. How can we search these cases for all cases that have a common element, for example: I want to search all my cases for the word "disconnect" to see if it appears ANYWHERE in the case, email, title, or part of this case. Anyone know how I can do this? FYI: Building a specialized advanced find won't work because I need the ability to search ANY word -- today I want Disconnect tomorrow, latency, etc... Actually, an Advanced Find might be a good way to go, because you can save your Advanced F...

sum cells
I am trying to total employee schedule so some cell have D/O day off, R/O requested off, so when I try to total all associates by the day I get #VALUE! in cell and total cell. Is there a way to total only numbers and ignore #VALUE! Try this: =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<>#VALUE!") Why not fix the formula that causes the error in the first place? What is the formula that does this: >when I try to total all associates by the day I get #VALUE! Biff "SteveD" <SteveD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D8BF85A-F76E-4F35-95AC-50B77B128304@microsoft.com....

Typing in multiple row in a single cell
Is there a way to divide a cell in multiple rows? I am not talking about the insert the Text Box or table. The cell it self should be able to take text in multiple rows. for example to type "My address My Street My City" Three rows in one cell Khusro Hi Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap text Then press Alt+Enter at each point you want to create a new row. As an aside, entering data in this format is not the most useful way to store data. Very often, you want to pull out the City separate form other things, for example. It would be better to store your data in separate ce...

Edit Cell Contents
I want to hit F2 to edit a cells contents and keep what was on the clipboard. brauer.greg@gmail.com wrote: > I want to hit F2 to edit a cells contents and keep what was on the > clipboard. Good for you! You should. No dave, when you copy something and then hit F2 to enter a cell and paste it it is not there. I guess the potential workaround is to hit ctrl + C twice it brings up the contents of the clipboard and all is not lost, however this still makes me reach for the mouse which I try to avoid doing. So dave do you have anyother workaround other than Ctrl + c twice? davegb wr...

Reference cell error
Hi When I use the following formula, I get #REF error. How can I fix it? Thank you =SUM('Daily Sworn Status'!M8) probably a misspelling of the sheet name da;722686 Wrote: > Hi > When I use the following formula, I get #REF error. > How can I fix it? > Thank you > > =SUM('Daily Sworn Status'!M8) -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.ph...

adjust cell width change font.
Hello I'm doing a copy and paste of cell values, my question is, when I paste the values into the cells, how do I get them to be all the same font, and some of the cells are text string, so how do I have te cells adjust for width? Currently I've got For Each x In Range("c1:c100") If Not IsEmpty(x) Then With SrcRange Set rngFind = .Find(z) If Not rngFind Is Nothing Then x.Offset(0, 7) = rngFind.Offset(0, 1).Value x.Offset(0, 8).Value = rngFind.Offset(0, 3).Value x.Offset(0, 9).Value = rngF...

Sort Cells/Columns
I have three lists of items (numbering about 150) on a single sheet using columns A, D & G. I need to sort these in alphabetical order continuous across all three columns. All I get at the moment is each column individually sorted, which is no good to me. Can anyone help? TIA Ed Give us an example with 3 rows of 3 columns before and after the sort. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ed O'Brien" <edward.j.obrien@deletebtinternet.com> wrote in message news:exodmwP0GHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have t...

Sheet name as cell value
Is there a formula, or "dynamic" method of taking the sheet name an putting it as a value in the same sheet. If the sheet name changes, the cell then updates with the new name. ? -- Jo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27051 Hi =MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,36) Arvi Laanemets "Jon" <Jon.1eds5z@excelforum-nospam....

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

combining cell entries
I remember having read a simple formula for combining the entries in cells (be it text or numbers), so that the result shows in another cell. Example: cell A1 has Lotus and cell A2 has 123 The formula placed in let us say cell C5 delivers me : Lotus123 It was very simple but i cannot find it anywhere Please help!! One way: Use the concatenation operator: =A1 & A2 another: use the Concatenation Function: =CONCATENATE(A1,A2) In article <56tagv0nkvfjelpt2ka2s29aum4r2a434r@4ax.com>, rjz@haaghuishof.nl wrote: > I remember having read a simple formula for combining ...

Drag Formula cell to decrement the cells #2
Ken, I do thank you for your prompt assistance. The solution you gave me works fine but with limited No. of cell (sorting problem) is there a way to do it in an unlimited No. of cells (e.g. 50 or 6 cells - BI till DP to be the mirror of A till BH ) Thanks Agai -- Asher Zu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Asher Zur's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27554 Sure, just follow instructions as before and in BI1 put =A1 and copy across to DP...

How do I show info only in cells used
IF(X15="paid","",IF((TODAY()-C10)<14, "Overdue", "PAID")) I have used the formula above to show if an invoice is out of date/unpaid, however I have dragged the formula down into cells that are currently empty and they are showing Overdue... How do I make these cells appear blank until the cells have inf. in them. I am not clear on your rules here. Clearly, If X15 says paid, then there is nothing to output, but is C10 a due date? If so you will get Overdue when the date is in the future, which seems perverse. This seems a better fit to me =IF(X1...

Angled borders/text and filling in empty cells
Hi, Two quick questions: 1. If you've got a cell formatted with "angled" text (say the orientation is 45 degrees) and you put a side border on that cell, the border also angles. If you want the cell above it, which may or may not have text in it, to have/match the "angled" border like the one below it, how do you do that? 2. If you have a cell range, say A1:G10 with some empty cells and some with data in them, is there a way to fill just the empty cells of that range with a * (or anything for that matter) easily? Thanks! Christina, 1. You can use the ...

Two formulas in one cell?
Hi all, Is it possible to have two formulas in one cell? For example, here's what I'm trying to do: If cell A1 has the word HORSE in it, I want the formula in A2 to be x + z If cell A1 has the word PIG in it, I want the formula in A2 to be x * z Anyone know if that's possible? Many thanks, Matt. If the lower upper case does not matter =IF(A1="horse",x+z,IF(A1="pig",x*z,"")) if it matters =IF(--EXACT(A1,"HORSE")=1,x+z,IF(--EXACT(A1,"PIG")=1,x*z,"")) or =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("HORSE",A1)),x+z,IF(ISNUMBER(F...