Find similar numbers from two columns of numbers

 I need to find duplicated numbers from two columns of numbers each about
5000 numbers .
--
DennisR

You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with
duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

How do I add column A data labels to a scatter of columns B and C?
I have made a scatter plot using columns B and C as my x and y coordinates. I would like to use the data in column A to label my points. I already have the XY chart labeler 97 installed and selected, but I don't know how to get the data labels to show up on my graph. Thank you! Hi Christina - There are a couple of well written Excel add-ins you can download to do this: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Both are free downloads, they install easily, and they integrate into Excel's interface very nicely. They l...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

Locking a column. Excel, 2002.
I don't know if locking is the correct phraseology and perhaps that is why I can't find an answer. In column A are the numbers, 1, 2, 3, and so on and I want these numbers to remain stationary (they are the rank ordering) when I do a sort on another column (say H). -- Regards Ron Badour Select the range that you want to sort, but avoid column A. Then sort your data. If you let excel guess at the range, it'll think that you may want all the contiguous columns sorted. Personally, I would sort that column, too. But I'd fill it with a formula like: =row()-1 (headers...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

how to find a second comma in a text
Hi, I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin How can I find the position of the second comma? thanks, Boon Assuming there is *always* a 2nd comma... =FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)+1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:OISZ4IGbKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a text as --> Madison, Dane, Wisconsin > > How can I find the position of the second comma? > > thanks, > Boon > > thanks. this works well fo...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

How does one print the columns from a Visio ERD diagram?
I see them but can't print them. ...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators.
Ho do you mean 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Row/Column headings' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Clarence" <carowe@cnyconnect.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ee7401c46c21$a45aef40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

user flooded with "not read" receipts from two years ago!
Today (9/14/2006) I have a user who just got about 200 "Not Read" receipts from emails originally sent from 11/15/2004 to 12/17/2004. From all kinds of internal recipients, and interestingly, they all say email was deleted without being read on 8/22/2006 at 8:16 AM. Running Exchange 2003, user client is Outlook 2003. Don't (consciously) have any mailbox management policies. Only thing I can think of is that about that time (8/22/2006) I was doing a restore to a recovery storage group. Don't think that should have mattered, and heck, why today? Thanks for any poin...

Why are my columns and rows reversed when I open Excel
When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are reversed?? What's happened? Tools|options|International Tab Uncheck that "view current sheet right-to-left" Deb Web wrote: > > When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are > reversed?? What's happened? -- Dave Peterson ...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

Find and replace text thats not wdAlignParagraphCenter alignment
Im trying to make a macro that set alignment on all text to wdAlignParagraphJustify, except text that is wdAlignParagraphCenter. Right now i have this: With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphRight With .Replacement .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphJustify End With .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With With ActiveDocument.Content.Find .ClearFormatting .ParagraphFormat.Alignment = wdAlignParagraphLeft ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

Two Lower Filters
Hello, I have vendor provided USBSTOR lower filter. I wanted to add my filter driver below the USBSTOR lower filter. I actually want to filter the requests further. I'm not sure if this is possible to have two filters one below the other, but I just wanted to check on this. Thanks nd Regards, uba You can have as many filters as needed in a given location. You cannot guarantee that your filter is immediately below another filter because some other filter may get there first. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http:/...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

Macro to find a row and delete it and the 9 rows above it. #2
Thanks alot that did the trick. This forum and you guys are life saver -- Rusty_n ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rusty_nl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=671 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31376 ...

Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column
For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value 215, but my data set spans more than one column. My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) returns an #N/A error. What can I do? Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values? -- Gary's Student "Mr. Snrub" wrote: > For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value > 215, but my data set spans more than one column. > > My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) > returns an #...

Columns in Money 2004
Is there any way to change the default columns in the register view ? I really dont want the flagged column, and would like to include a column for categories. Is it possible to do this ? In microsoft.public.money, VerticalCobra wrote: >Is there any way to change the default columns in the register view ? I >really dont want the flagged column, and would like to include a column for >categories. Is it possible to do this ? No. Try Ctrl+T to toggle to multi-line display and back. ...