Find MAX data in sheet (Cell) - Any cell that exceeds X amount of data

How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o
say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page

--
confuzedagai
confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943

1. Highlight the entire document
2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is"
4. Input this formula
=LEN(A1)>8000
5. Format with something obvious like green background

If you highlight a select amount of the sheet, replace A1 with the top left
cell in the highlighted area.

"confuzedagain" wrote:

> How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, or
> say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page?
>

> --
> confuzedagain
> confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29439
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491489

0
Sloth (218)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Max 5 Simultaneous Users of a Database?
In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a back end to enable simultaneous use. The front end is then distributed to each user "up to a maximum of five simultaneous users". This seems a very low maximum - probably not one that I can live with. Is it accurate? Any advice or suggestions in this regard? David Portwood wrote: > In his book "Access VBA Programming for Dummies", page 299, author > Alan Simpson discusses splitting a database into a front end and a >...

How to remove blank cells
I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula I can use to automatically delete them? Hi, Select the entire range and press F5, Special, Blanks, OK. The press Ctrl+- (Control Minus) and choose shift cells... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "DestinySky" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula > I can use to automatically delete them? On Jun 24, 12:44=A0am, Shane Devenshire <ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sel...

best way to do it? copy from a sheet to other sheet
hi source cells are: C4, C10, C16,..., C352 all of them have fixed 6 steps away from each other. Now I want to copy them in another sheet within same file but the copy values sit in: A1, A2, A3, .... Best Darius Try =INDIRECT("Sheet1!C"&(ROW()-1)*6+4) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Darius" <Darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A9424FC-9340-470D-B74E-721BEF68D263@microsoft.com... > hi > source cells are: > C4, C10, C16,..., C352 > all of them have fixed 6 steps away from eac...

Removing single quote from an excel sheet
Hi, I have many non contiguous cells (anywhere within the range D2 and G200)where I have put only a single quote within the cell and now I want to make all such cell blank. The cells which doesnt have single quote have valid data which I dont want to remove/delete I chose replace feature in excel 2000 and within Find field indicated a single quote and he Replace field I kept blank. Strangely I get the message "MS excel cant find matching data to replace...." Why is it happening? One more doubt. Sometimes when Excel cant find the matching data then the message which gets displayed...

Referring to CodeModule Sheet Name
When referring to: With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents("Sheet1").CodeModule is it possible to refer to the code by Sheet1's tab name (e.g. "TabOne") rather than "Sheet1"? If not, how can I determine which Sheet number TabOne is (in VBA)? With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents(worksheets("tabone").codename).CodeModule is one way. tcb wrote: > > When referring to: > > With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents("Sheet1").CodeModule > > is it possible to refer to the code by Sheet1's tab name (e.g. > "Tab...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

Cells range into an array, then into msgbox
Hi all, I have a range of cells which are either blank or contain data. I'd like to create a dynamic(?) array and enter the values of those cells. Then, after that, i'd like to output the array into a msgbox. I've started with the below code, but am struggling to get it to work and to do what i'm required. Can anyone help? Cheers, Tony Z. Sub collate() Dim N As Long Arr = Range("F2:H50").Value For N = LBound(Arr) To UBound(Arr) impe = impe + Arr(N) Next N MsgBox impe End Sub Hi Tony Are the values numerics or text Sub co...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

adding 150% to a cell
I have created a payroll which i need to create and i've got most set up. i need to know how i can take D2 times it by 150% from E2 and give me the result to G2. Ok to say it simpler Overtime hours is in D2. Normal hourly rate is in E2 and overtime earned is in G2 overtime payment is at the rate of 150% of the normal hourly rate. How can i create such a formula to give the results in G2? At the moment i've got it like this: =SUMPRODUCT(D2)*(E2*150%) which worked fine but i was thinking if this is overkill in how to do it? "Asta" wrote: > I have created a payroll wh...

Mapping Geographic Data
I want to create a data map and I need to have Microsoft Map installed. Apparently Microsoft Map was not installed when our IT Department installed Excel (I am running Excel 2003). I believe I ahve to rerun Setup to install Microsoft Map however my IT Department says they can't find Microsoft Map in the Setup file. Can any one help me tell them how to locate Microsoft Map in the Setup file? Hi, Map was dropped as a free add on to excel after xl2000, I think that's the version. Anyhow to get Maps in xl2003 you will need to buy the standard alone program. Cheers Andy Mike wro...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

How to find all the properties associated with an object
In VBA when you type something like Sheets and then a period you are given a dropdown list of what can be associated with Sheets. I have on many occassions had great help from many in this group that give instances such as "ActiveSheet.ShowAllData" where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals no such list. Is there somewhere or somehow a method that I can get the full (or fullish) list where the objects' properties are not given? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote... .... >where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals n...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

OWA block sender list max?
While using Exchange Server 2003's Outlook Web Access client, if I right-click on a message and select "Add sender to blocked sender list" I get the following error: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit on the server. There a few in the list already but not a ton. I have confirmed that this user (or any user for that matter) are anywhere close to the mailbox store size limit. There are send/recieve limits of 200,000 KB but that's waaaaay more than anyone seems to be using. Any ideas, is there just a max with OWA? Thanks, Marc...

deleting particular stuff from cells
i need to delete the last four digits of zip codes for about 15000 addresses... Is there anyway to do that all at once... zip exp: 39180-3454 i want to delete the -3454.... i need to do this for about 15,000 zips... can i do it automaticall without doing each cell one by one..... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ for each c in [b2:b15001]'selection c.value=left(c,len(c)-4) next "billrebels4" <billrebels4.vt6hn@excelforum-nos...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

Finding Memory Leaks
Hi all, I have a MFC/C++ Application developed. I see a lot of Memory Leaks Dump in the Visual Studio output window when run the app via the debugger. My application consists of an exe, and a few DLLs. The DLLs are loaded by the exe using LoadLibrary. And any memory leaks are in any of the DLLs, there is no info like where in the sourcecode (file name and line number) where the leak was caused. All that I see is the number of bytes of leaked. Whereas, any leak in the EXE shows exact info about file name and line number. Any help/tips/suggestions to help me solve the memo...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

Highlighted cells
I need serious help please. Im using Excel 2000. When Im in Excel, I click on a cell and release the mouse button and all the cells are highlighted. I drag the mouse with no mouse button pressed and it still hightlightes the cell. I cant even close out excel after that. I click on the X and also go to file and it wont process the command. Ive tried rebooting the pc, reloading excel, and even reloading the entire pc. But the problem still exsits. Is there any one who can help with this problem??????? Stephen, First thing to try would be pressing the F8 key. If that doesn'...