Find carriage return character in a cell

Does anyone know how find a row in a worksheet which
contains carriage return character (usually a square) in
its cell ?
0
anonymous (74722)

I've given you the response below yesterday to your post,
re: http://tinyurl.com/2esbm

--------
Maybe CHAR(10) ?
(carriage return via Alt + Enter)

Assume you want to check range A1:C10 in Sheet1
for cells with carriage return

In a new Sheet2:

Put in A1:
=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(CHAR(10),Sheet1!A1)),"","Yes")

Copy A1 across to C1, then down to C10
to cover the same range as in Sheet1

A1:C10 in Sheet2 will return "Yes" for corresponding
cells with carriage returns in range A1:C10 in Sheet1

--
Rgds
Max

"VW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>Does anyone know how find a row in a worksheet which
>contains carriage return character (usually a square) in
>its cell ?
>.

0
demechanik (4694)

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

Avoid protected cell warning on BeforeDoubleClick WS event
I am creating an event scheduling worksheet. A grid is generated with days of the month x-axis and users y-axis. Where an event occurs this is logged by a hidden event ID in the appropriate day cell. In order to prevent this ID from being overwritten I protect the worksheet. What I am trying to do is have a worksheet DoubleClick event which either. 1) Captures the event ID in the underlying cell, and opens a custom form for editing the event, or 2) Recognises that no event exists and opens a custom form for logging a new event. What I have tried is to unprotect the workshee...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the following message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking "Log On" the above error is returned. If the incorrect credentials are entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is received. This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step is it is failing. There are no error messages in event viewer. Any recommendations of what to look at next? The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a ...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Sum of a cell in all worksheets?
I usually just use the search here and quickly find what I need, but can't seem to get it work this morning I am trying to get a sum of a certain cell in all the sheets in workbook. For example of what I mean, Sum(all worksheets, d64). Ca someone possibly help me out Thanks Michae Hi Michael, Look up 3D in your Excel Help. Surely you do not want to include the same sheet. if sheet2 is your second sheet tab and "sheet 24" is the last tab. =SUM(sheet2:'sheet 24'!C14) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: htt...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

Is it possible to find multiple data?
We have a small lotterysyndicate in work which is all logged onto an excel spreadsheet. Is it possible to search all numbers and all occurances at once, rather than individually? Ie - we have 15 lines of 6 numbers each - can i search for all 6 numbers drawn, across all 15 lines in one go? Im sure this must be possible - just dont know how. Thanks -- stewwie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stewwie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Ignore Blank Cells
I update a workbook weekly in separate worksheets. My master worksheet links to the appropriate cells for the updated data. These are simple percentage numbers (not forumlas, etc.) and only need to be a one-on-one link. The problem I have is that if one of the cells is blank, it returns a 0 and I need to to stay blank. Any ideas? There are about 57,000 cells I am working with so I really don't want to have to update manually all blanks. Hi SEF, As long as you want to hide all zero values on a sheet you can use in excel 2003 From the Tools menu select Options On tab V...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

Clipart will not scale with array of cells
I want to print out an array of cells, some of which contain clipart. When I try to scale up the array to fill the printed page, the clipart scales differently (the clipart objects move down on the page from their normal position within the cells). The artwork size does not change, nor its spacing; it's as though the clipart is reacting to a larger top margin. ...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always calculate the current 5 column range. Wendy Akers wrote: > I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always > calculate the current 5 column range. > > Add a column WHERE? What "formula"? Where is the "current 5 column range"? Hi, Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average =AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3:J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

How to find value that is bigger or smaller than 2SD?
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't know how to do it and hope to get your help. I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of columns. First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that is bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2* standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it? Thanks alot, ming Hello, Maybe something like this ... Sub HighlightForMePlease() Dim rngLook As Range, c As Range, firstAddy As String Dim lngSTDEV1 As Double, lngSTD...

count in cell
Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I know how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells used but not in a cell. Thanks =LEN(A1) -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "Joe" <someone@microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23sMRof72EHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I > know > > how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells > > used but not in a c...