Find and Replace Hyperlink Contents

How can I do a Find for all hyperlinks in my spreadsheet (or the entire
workbook) that contain "iis" in they hyperlink and Replace that portion
of they hyperlink with "iis2"?

0
dodaniel (1)
4/27/2005 7:31:12 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

11 Replies
436 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

For hyperlinks that were inserted via Insert|Hyperlink?

If yes, then visit David McRitchie's site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
look for:
Fix Hyperlinks       (#FixHyperlinks)

Actually, here's David's code:

Sub Fix192Hyperlinks()
   Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String
   OldStr = "http://192.168.15.5/"
   NewStr = "http://hank.home.on.ca/"
   Dim hyp As Hyperlink
   For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
       hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
   Next hyp
End Sub

'To make it run against all worksheets, run this macro:

sub DoItAll()
  dim Wks as worksheet
  for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets
     wks.select
     call Fix192Hyperlinks
  next wks
end sub

====
This line:
hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
uses Replace which was added in xl2k.

If you're using xl97, then change that line to:
hyp.Address = application.substitute(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)

And both Replace and application.substitute are case sensitive.

If you have mixed case, maybe something like:
hyp.Address = Replace(ucase(hyp.Address), ucase(OldStr), NewStr)
(or application.substitute for xl97.)




 

Dede wrote:
> 
> How can I do a Find for all hyperlinks in my spreadsheet (or the entire
> workbook) that contain "iis" in they hyperlink and Replace that portion
> of they hyperlink with "iis2"?

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
4/27/2005 11:00:20 PM
How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace 
from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.  

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> For hyperlinks that were inserted via Insert|Hyperlink?
> 
> If yes, then visit David McRitchie's site:
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
> look for:
> Fix Hyperlinks       (#FixHyperlinks)
> 
> Actually, here's David's code:
> 
> Sub Fix192Hyperlinks()
>    Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String
>    OldStr = "http://192.168.15.5/"
>    NewStr = "http://hank.home.on.ca/"
>    Dim hyp As Hyperlink
>    For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
>        hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
>    Next hyp
> End Sub
> 
> 'To make it run against all worksheets, run this macro:
> 
> sub DoItAll()
>   dim Wks as worksheet
>   for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets
>      wks.select
>      call Fix192Hyperlinks
>   next wks
> end sub
> 
> ====
> This line:
> hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
> uses Replace which was added in xl2k.
> 
> If you're using xl97, then change that line to:
> hyp.Address = application.substitute(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
> 
> And both Replace and application.substitute are case sensitive.
> 
> If you have mixed case, maybe something like:
> hyp.Address = Replace(ucase(hyp.Address), ucase(OldStr), NewStr)
> (or application.substitute for xl97.)
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> Dede wrote:
> > 
> > How can I do a Find for all hyperlinks in my spreadsheet (or the entire
> > workbook) that contain "iis" in they hyperlink and Replace that portion
> > of they hyperlink with "iis2"?
> 
> -- 
> 
> Dave Peterson
> 
0
Dede (6)
4/27/2005 11:54:03 PM
Take a look at David's notes:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

Dede wrote:
> 
> How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.
> 
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> 
> > For hyperlinks that were inserted via Insert|Hyperlink?
> >
> > If yes, then visit David McRitchie's site:
> > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
> > look for:
> > Fix Hyperlinks       (#FixHyperlinks)
> >
> > Actually, here's David's code:
> >
> > Sub Fix192Hyperlinks()
> >    Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String
> >    OldStr = "http://192.168.15.5/"
> >    NewStr = "http://hank.home.on.ca/"
> >    Dim hyp As Hyperlink
> >    For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
> >        hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
> >    Next hyp
> > End Sub
> >
> > 'To make it run against all worksheets, run this macro:
> >
> > sub DoItAll()
> >   dim Wks as worksheet
> >   for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets
> >      wks.select
> >      call Fix192Hyperlinks
> >   next wks
> > end sub
> >
> > ====
> > This line:
> > hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
> > uses Replace which was added in xl2k.
> >
> > If you're using xl97, then change that line to:
> > hyp.Address = application.substitute(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr)
> >
> > And both Replace and application.substitute are case sensitive.
> >
> > If you have mixed case, maybe something like:
> > hyp.Address = Replace(ucase(hyp.Address), ucase(OldStr), NewStr)
> > (or application.substitute for xl97.)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Dede wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I do a Find for all hyperlinks in my spreadsheet (or the entire
> > > workbook) that contain "iis" in they hyperlink and Replace that portion
> > > of they hyperlink with "iis2"?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
4/28/2005 12:18:57 AM
Hi Dede,

see    Getting Started with Macros
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.


0
dmcritchie (2586)
4/28/2005 12:27:08 AM
First of all, thanks for all the help!

I added the code and it ran but nothing changed.  I am wondering about the 
"old" and "new" path statements.  My hyperlink is not an "http" link; mine 
links to a file on a network server.  My hyperlink starts off with "file:///" 
 I am only wanting to change the portion of the hyperlink that contains the 
word "iis" to "iis2" so in my code I put for the OldStr = "iis" and the 
NewStr = "iis2".  Is that correct?  After I ran the code, the path still 
displays "iis" in the hyperlink.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Hi Dede,
> 
> see    Getting Started with Macros
>   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> 
> --
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> 
> "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> > How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> > from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.
> 
> 
> 
0
Dede (6)
4/28/2005 2:20:04 AM
Hi Dede,
I think your substitutions in the code look correct.

The macro will only change the hyperlink,  what you see with
insert hyperlink  (ctrl+k),   it is not set up to change the cell
value (text value).   If you change the hyp.TextToDisplay
you will wipe out formulas, so was not included.

BTW,  I would include  periods  and slashes   immediately next
to your    old and new strings to reduce possibiliy of collateral damage
to other portions of your links,  including inadvertent use in the wrong
workbook.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFCC205-89CC-4039-ACA3-5727B360684F@microsoft.com...
> First of all, thanks for all the help!
>
> I added the code and it ran but nothing changed.  I am wondering about the
> "old" and "new" path statements.  My hyperlink is not an "http" link; mine
> links to a file on a network server.  My hyperlink starts off with "file:///"
>  I am only wanting to change the portion of the hyperlink that contains the
> word "iis" to "iis2" so in my code I put for the OldStr = "iis" and the
> NewStr = "iis2".  Is that correct?  After I ran the code, the path still
> displays "iis" in the hyperlink.
>
> "David McRitchie" wrote:
>
> > Hi Dede,
> >
> > see    Getting Started with Macros
> >   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> >
> > "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> > > How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> > > from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.
> >
> >
> >



0
dmcritchie (2586)
4/28/2005 5:03:58 AM
Thanks David,

I changed the code again and added the slashes but the hyperlink still does 
not change when I run the macro.

I don't want the text value of the cell to change, just the hyperlink.  Any 
idea what I am doing wrong?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Hi Dede,
> I think your substitutions in the code look correct.
> 
> The macro will only change the hyperlink,  what you see with
> insert hyperlink  (ctrl+k),   it is not set up to change the cell
> value (text value).   If you change the hyp.TextToDisplay
> you will wipe out formulas, so was not included.
> 
> BTW,  I would include  periods  and slashes   immediately next
> to your    old and new strings to reduce possibiliy of collateral damage
> to other portions of your links,  including inadvertent use in the wrong
> workbook.
> 
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> 
> "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFCC205-89CC-4039-ACA3-5727B360684F@microsoft.com...
> > First of all, thanks for all the help!
> >
> > I added the code and it ran but nothing changed.  I am wondering about the
> > "old" and "new" path statements.  My hyperlink is not an "http" link; mine
> > links to a file on a network server.  My hyperlink starts off with "file:///"
> >  I am only wanting to change the portion of the hyperlink that contains the
> > word "iis" to "iis2" so in my code I put for the OldStr = "iis" and the
> > NewStr = "iis2".  Is that correct?  After I ran the code, the path still
> > displays "iis" in the hyperlink.
> >
> > "David McRitchie" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Dede,
> > >
> > > see    Getting Started with Macros
> > >   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > >
> > > --
> > > HTH,
> > > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> > >
> > > "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> > > > How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> > > > from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dede (6)
4/28/2005 12:06:03 PM
You may want to post your code.

Dede wrote:
> 
> Thanks David,
> 
> I changed the code again and added the slashes but the hyperlink still does
> not change when I run the macro.
> 
> I don't want the text value of the cell to change, just the hyperlink.  Any
> idea what I am doing wrong?
> 
> "David McRitchie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Dede,
> > I think your substitutions in the code look correct.
> >
> > The macro will only change the hyperlink,  what you see with
> > insert hyperlink  (ctrl+k),   it is not set up to change the cell
> > value (text value).   If you change the hyp.TextToDisplay
> > you will wipe out formulas, so was not included.
> >
> > BTW,  I would include  periods  and slashes   immediately next
> > to your    old and new strings to reduce possibiliy of collateral damage
> > to other portions of your links,  including inadvertent use in the wrong
> > workbook.
> >
> > ---
> > HTH,
> > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> >
> > "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFCC205-89CC-4039-ACA3-5727B360684F@microsoft.com...
> > > First of all, thanks for all the help!
> > >
> > > I added the code and it ran but nothing changed.  I am wondering about the
> > > "old" and "new" path statements.  My hyperlink is not an "http" link; mine
> > > links to a file on a network server.  My hyperlink starts off with "file:///"
> > >  I am only wanting to change the portion of the hyperlink that contains the
> > > word "iis" to "iis2" so in my code I put for the OldStr = "iis" and the
> > > NewStr = "iis2".  Is that correct?  After I ran the code, the path still
> > > displays "iis" in the hyperlink.
> > >
> > > "David McRitchie" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi Dede,
> > > >
> > > > see    Getting Started with Macros
> > > >   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > HTH,
> > > > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > > > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > > > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> > > >
> > > > "Dede" <Dede@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> > > > > How do I go about putting this code in?  I was trying to use Find and Replace
> > > > > from the menu.  I am not familiar with inserting code.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
4/28/2005 12:18:06 PM
Hi Dede,
and what you see with Ctrl+K  (insert hyperlink)  for the
  Type the file or Web page name:
  Text to display:
  ScreenTip:   (if not empty)
also what you see on the formula bar if not the same as Text to display

The slashes or periods added would not make it work if it is not working
-- that suggestion was just to prevent you from making inadvertent changes.

To make sure you installed in correct place include this line of code
    Msgbox  "installed correctly, now what?"
You should be running as standalone  from  Alt+F8  to invoke macro
and there should only be one macro with that name shown.

Can't imagine that you would have anything in the following, unless you
inherited the workbook, but check anyway.
    file, properties,  summary,  hyperlink base:

 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#FixHyperlinks


"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote ...
> You may want to post your code.
>
> Dede wrote:
> > I changed the code again and added the slashes but the hyperlink still does
> > not change when I run the macro.




0
dmcritchie (2586)
4/28/2005 1:01:04 PM
I am starting to think maybe I have my code in the wrong place.  When I open 
the sheet and do Alt+F11.  I double-click on "This Workbook" on the left hand 
side.  This opened a window that has a drop-down for "General" and "Workbook" 
and I tried running the code in both places.

Am I putting the code in the wrong place?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> Hi Dede,
> and what you see with Ctrl+K  (insert hyperlink)  for the
>   Type the file or Web page name:
>   Text to display:
>   ScreenTip:   (if not empty)
> also what you see on the formula bar if not the same as Text to display
> 
> The slashes or periods added would not make it work if it is not working
> -- that suggestion was just to prevent you from making inadvertent changes.
> 
> To make sure you installed in correct place include this line of code
>     Msgbox  "installed correctly, now what?"
> You should be running as standalone  from  Alt+F8  to invoke macro
> and there should only be one macro with that name shown.
> 
> Can't imagine that you would have anything in the following, unless you
> inherited the workbook, but check anyway.
>     file, properties,  summary,  hyperlink base:
> 
>  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#FixHyperlinks
> 
> 
> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote ...
> > You may want to post your code.
> >
> > Dede wrote:
> > > I changed the code again and added the slashes but the hyperlink still does
> > > not change when I run the macro.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Dede (6)
4/28/2005 11:14:03 PM
Actually, the code belongs in a General module.

Select your project in the VBE's project explorer.
Then Insert|module.
Then paste there.

But if you actually ran that code (F5 or Run|Run Sub from within the VBE), it
should have worked ok.

How did you run the code (well, if you did run the code)?

And if it still doesn't work, you still may want to paste your code.  (Remember
that you have to match case or code around it.)


Dede wrote:
> 
> I am starting to think maybe I have my code in the wrong place.  When I open
> the sheet and do Alt+F11.  I double-click on "This Workbook" on the left hand
> side.  This opened a window that has a drop-down for "General" and "Workbook"
> and I tried running the code in both places.
> 
> Am I putting the code in the wrong place?
> 
> "David McRitchie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Dede,
> > and what you see with Ctrl+K  (insert hyperlink)  for the
> >   Type the file or Web page name:
> >   Text to display:
> >   ScreenTip:   (if not empty)
> > also what you see on the formula bar if not the same as Text to display
> >
> > The slashes or periods added would not make it work if it is not working
> > -- that suggestion was just to prevent you from making inadvertent changes.
> >
> > To make sure you installed in correct place include this line of code
> >     Msgbox  "installed correctly, now what?"
> > You should be running as standalone  from  Alt+F8  to invoke macro
> > and there should only be one macro with that name shown.
> >
> > Can't imagine that you would have anything in the following, unless you
> > inherited the workbook, but check anyway.
> >     file, properties,  summary,  hyperlink base:
> >
> >  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#FixHyperlinks
> >
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote ...
> > > You may want to post your code.
> > >
> > > Dede wrote:
> > > > I changed the code again and added the slashes but the hyperlink still does
> > > > not change when I run the macro.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
4/28/2005 11:29:44 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Q: Find if table is open?
Is there a way to find out if a table is open? something similar to currentproject.AllForms("MyFormName").IsLoaded Thanks, -Mark I don't believe there is, but then you should never be working directly with the tables: you should always be using forms. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCDE3916-D221-4DEC-9029-38165235C79D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to find out if a table is open? something similar to > currentproject.AllForms(...

How can I find out the current version and SP of MSXML under WinXP ?
I assume on my current machine MSXML was previously installed. But I don't know this for sure and if yes, which version and Service Pack. How can I find the version out ? Harry Just navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and right-click on the MSXML dll you're curious about, select "Properties" and "version". For example, my MSXML3.dll shows "File version 8.90.1101.0 Description: MSXML 3.0 SP9..." "Harry Zoroc" wrote: > I assume on my current machine MSXML was previously installed. > > But I don't know this for sure and if yes, w...

saving customized current view of "advanced find"
I am trying to save my customized view of the "advance find" feature in 2007 outlook. Per the instructions, I changed the "fields" (to get rid of flags, importance etc.) then toggled "view", "current view" and "define view" to save my changes. I found no way to save my changes, in the general outlook screen. Worse yet, I tried saving the changes while I was in the advance find screen, but "define view" was not an option (it was grey). Is this something I have to live with? Craig You can't save the advanced find v...

Updating a formula to miss first four characters of a FIND
Hi, I was very helpfully provided with the below formula yesterday to help me filter information (thanks to JE McGimpsey): =LEFT(MID(A1, FIND("SMTP:", A1), 255), FIND("%", MID(A1, FIND("SMTP:", A1), 255))-1) Could someone tell me how to update this so in addition to what it's already doing, it doesn't display the "SMTP:" in the helper column? Thanks, Curtis. ==================================== When replying by email please remove the X ==================================== On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:27:50 -0000, "Curtis Fray" &l...

Merging into an Excel Cell the content of the Bookmarked table Cell from msword
Hi, Your help will be appreciated. I am looking at finding a way to use a link from an Excel Cell that will pickup a value entered in a bookmarked table cell in msword. I hope that my question is sufficiently clear. Let's say in the word document I have a table in which a cell of that table contains a value, which may change. I am looking at changing the value located in the Excel worksheet cell automatically to reflect the one in the word document. I know it can be done but I am having problems with the way I am writing the command or formula. e.g.: =Word.Document.8|'drive:\pathnam...

Find Album Info for "real" albums
Hello all. I am using WMP 11 under XP SP3 and have a few questions... Most of the time when I rip a CD, the album info appears automatically within minutes. However, if I right click on any CD and select "Find Album Info", then a blank window opens up with a small spinning globe in the upper left. Within a couple seconds the globe stops spinning and that's it. Just a blank window. Second, I have a very large library of vinyl albums that I am methodically recording digitally and copying to CD. Media Player usually does not find the album info for these recor...

Newbie here
Hi all. I'm new to the group and do very little with excel. I'd like to do the following just to to make my life easier at work. I know about conditional formatting, but what I want to do is a bit too complex for that, I think. Therefore I must need VBA but I've never used it before. Any pointers please? I am doing a sheet which will keep track of the training needs of a group of people. Some training needs to be done once every 6 months, some once a year and some just once every 2 years. So I have names on the left in the rows and each column refers to an item of training....

Replacing the red underlining
Is there a way to replace the red underlining with highlight instead when mistakes appear? You could do it with vba With ActiveDocument For i = .SpellingErrors.Count To 1 Step -1 With .SpellingErrors(i) .Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRed .NoProofing = True End With Next i End With -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ouiqui" <ouiqui@disc...

Replace C with A when C is followed by a number, but not otherwise?
I have =Income_Stmt!$c$1&Income_Stmt!c32 in a cell. I want to write a macro that turns column C into column A. I can't use search and replace because this would result in =InAome_Stmt!$A$1&InAome_Stmt!A32. Is there a way to do this? Replace !$C with !$A and !c with !a ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com" <jimhome@starplace.com> wrote in message news:1130262366.796754.67140@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have =Income_Stmt!$c$1&Income_Stmt!c32 in a cell. > I want to write a macro that turns column C into colu...

find matches in a column
I am using excel to add users to AD, I need to have a function that will look through my username column and find matches and highlight them, can anyone advise? Regards Mark Let's say your data is located in Column A starting in A1. In a blank column, enter this formula in row 1: =If(Countif(A:A,A1)=1,True,False) Drag this to bottom of table. Values appearing more than once appear as False. HTH Otto "Mark Scott" <mark-scott@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:fdtxg.17734$b9.8240@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >I am using excel to add users to AD, I n...

How to insert a hyperlink to a CRM record into an E-mail created via workflow
Thought this might be of interest to folks here. Dynamics CRM 3.0 has a new way to add data from fields in CRM entities using what are called "slugs". This is a pretty simple way to get data into an E-mail that is created in response to some event. However, you may have discovered that there is a very limited subset of the fields available as slugs. Even some bits of data that were easily accessible in CRM 1.2 Workflow are not available as slugs in 3.0. This tutorial will show you a quick and easy way to insert a hyperlink to a CRM record into an E-mail created via workflo...

Administrative access to users mailbox contents
The owner of the company who is my customer is asking to access one users mailbox to see if they are sending confidential information out of the company but does not want to employee to know their mailbox is being monitored As an the SBS administrator, is there a simple way to do this without arising suspicions? I was thinking of setting them up as a delegate but I only know how to do that if I log in as that user which would mean I would have to reset their password. Any ideas?? If that is Exch55 logon as Site Service Account and you can access contents of all mailboxes. John A. Curry...

Printing out only rows where certain cells have contents
We have a spreadsheet that has lots of rows in it. However each time we use it only some of the rows are filled in under one of the colums. If a row has that particular cell filled in (not null), we want the row printed out in the report or printout. What is the best way to do this? Thanks for your suggestions. Bryan Bloom What I do in this situation is to make use of a column away from the print range, let's say column H, and put a formula which is looking at the column of interest such as: =A1 (copied down) This will return a zero if the cell is empty. I have a filter set up f...

Macro to "find" the next empty cell in a range
Thanks for help writing the macro. Assumption: No price values are currently entered in the price cell range (“S&P 500”). Range B56:AF133 cells are all empty. Each time the macro is run the next empty cell in Range B56:AF133 will become the active cell. Desired Outcome: Each time I run the macro (ctl-f) it locates the next empty cell in the range as the active cell. A price value can then be entered in the found cell, or another forward cell in the range. Below is a script of how the macro should function. Action: Run macro. Outcome: ...

>>>Help Finding Rules<<<
I need to find a list of Server side and Client side rules for Outlook and Exchange. ...

To find the cumilative balance
Hi all, Please forgive me the same question is posting again. I have the following excel . I want to get a cumilative balance as follows. A B C D E(Cum.bal) 1 10 2 -3.5 3 -1.5 4 -3 -2 0.00 5 20 6 7 -10 8 -10 0.00 Please help to get the balance n column E. The balance ha...

loading file contents
Hi First forgive me about my language if i have mistakes, english is not my native tongue. I'll try to ask again because i've got responses with to many different ways suggesting how to do a simple task. I have a SDI application project with menu bar, in the menu there is the open item, i want to load/open a file through the browse window, take the contents of that file and send it to a function which i've allready wrote, so i assume i need to put a code under the the "open" item, next to the "ToDo", so i've attempt to use the cfile class- open with ...

Hyperlink to move the cursor to the top of the frozen panes
Hello, I have a worksheet that has hyperlinks to other parts of the same sheet. I have 6 frozen panes on top on the sheet. I would like to have the cursor appear on the top of the screen (just below the frozen panes) rather than bottom of the screen. I have checked previous posts and tried this code on the worksheet: Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) Application.Goto ActiveCell, Scroll:=True End Sub For some reason, nothing happens. It's the same if there was no code. Could I be doing something wrong? Is there something I would need to ma...

How to keep content library w file no matter the computer?
- created publisher doc; saved on network - added items to a content library - opened doc on another computer thinking the same content library would open...but it doesn't - several people need to be able to pick and choose the parts they want to use - don't want to zip the file (which is what happens when you pack and go) too cumbersome - tried saving the document as a template, but when opened on another computer, still no content library Any ideas? What version Publisher? The objects in the Content Library are only available from publication to publication in version 2007. ...

Where do I find Clip Board as in the old version?
I have to use multiple word and frases repeatedly and I am not a typest I believe this is under the Home tab, click on the arrow at the bottom of the Clipboard group. Hope this helps DeanH "Mike" wrote: > I have to use multiple word and frases repeatedly and I am not a typest The office clipboard and its use is explained in Word 2007 help. It is activated from the little arrow, bottom right of the clipboard group on the Home tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<&...

ms outlook: unable to find default email folder
on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT FILE SYSYTEM FOLDER INSTEAD. Please help whats causing this. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2hheWFuOTk=?=" <shayan99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CEC2AC86-64EF-4684-A6EA-C3D3AEC3A9BC@microsoft.com: > on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED > INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. > On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR ...

cannot shift objects off sheet, but also cannot find objects
Trying to hide columns gives error "cannot shift objects off sheet." Try as I might, I cannot find any objects in or near the offending columns; indeed, there are no objects on the entire sheet. I went to Tools>Options>View>Objects and selected "Show All," but still nothing appears. An easier way to see if there are any objects on a sheet is through F5-Special. Cell comments are objects too. Do you have any of them? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "danielo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cff01c47b0d$f5a72620$a601280...

Access hyperlinks ignore file associations
Using Windows XP Control Panel / Folder Options / File Types, I have set the "pdf" extension association to another pdf file viewer than Adobe Acrobat. This works fine in all programs other than Access. For example, if I double-click on a file with a pdf extension in Windows Explorer, it opens it with the third-party viewer. However, if I create a hyperlink to that same file in Access it is listed as "Acrobat Document" and if I double-click it, Access ignores my file association and opens it with Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to get Access to honor the Win...

Replace -1 with a tick symbol
Hi Any advice on the following would be appreciated: Using Excel 2003, am importing a table from MSAccess to Excel, 2 of the Access field are Yes/No with -1 as the affirmative. When imported to excel would like to be able to replace the -1's with a tick TIA Tom Use find/replace 1. pull-down: Edit > Find and enter -1 2. pull:down: Edit > Replace and enter ' -- Gary''s Student "Tom" wrote: > Hi > > Any advice on the following would be appreciated: > > Using Excel 2003, am importing a table from MSAccess to Excel, 2 of the >...

find a folder by name
O2003. I need to find a folder by name that I either moved by mistake or maybe deleted. I have a LOT of subfolders under Personal Folders. Many are not expanded and I'm not about to expand them all and look over them one by one. I'd rather write a vba routine to do that but I'm thinking there must be a way to do this already. When I click "advanced find" I don't see anything that lets me just look for folder names. How can I do this? The "Go Folder" (CTRL+Y) doesn't work because it doesn't search subfolders (wow, how useless is that?...