Find and Replace #13

I have a worksheet with this formula in Col A1 thru A50: ='Mar Srv Rpt '!D62
(It's referencing another open worksheet)

I want to hi-lit the formula and do a Find on Mar and Replace with Apr.
However, when I do that, Excel opens windows explorer and wants me to
"update values" and then gives me an #ERR in the Cell I'm working in.

Is this a formatting problem on my part?

If the workhseet is in the same workbook, and the sheet is named "Apr Srv
Rpt "  (note the space on the end), then it should work fine.

Otherwise, you are 1) changing the link from an intra-workbook link to an
inter-workbook link
    2) trying to create a link to a non-existent sheet ("Apr Srv Rpt " (with
a space at the end))

If it is case 1, you should replace Mar with    [WorkbookName.xls]Apr

If it is case 2, you need ot be more consistent in your naming conventions.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Betty Csehi" <Betty_Csehi@Andersonsinc.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with this formula in Col A1 thru A50: ='Mar Srv Rpt
'!D62
> (It's referencing another open worksheet)
>
> I want to hi-lit the formula and do a Find on Mar and Replace with Apr.
> However, when I do that, Excel opens windows explorer and wants me to
> "update values" and then gives me an #ERR in the Cell I'm working in.
>
> Is this a formatting problem on my part?

0
Bernie
4/29/2005 4:27:18 PM
Does this happen if a sheet named 'Apr Srv Rpt ' already exists?  I don't
like spaces in sheet names generally but especially trailing spaces, which
can lead to "spelling errors".

--
Jim
"Betty Csehi" <Betty_Csehi@Andersonsinc.com> wrote in message
|I have a worksheet with this formula in Col A1 thru A50: ='Mar Srv Rpt
'!D62
| (It's referencing another open worksheet)
|
| I want to hi-lit the formula and do a Find on Mar and Replace with Apr.
| However, when I do that, Excel opens windows explorer and wants me to
| "update values" and then gives me an #ERR in the Cell I'm working in.
|
| Is this a formatting problem on my part?

0
jrrech (1932)

Search and replace multiple values
All; Need to do a search and replace on multiple values: 06 - Phase VI would be replaced by O, 08 - Won would be replaced by W, 09 - Lost would be replaced by L, 10 - Cancelled by Gov't would be replaced by C I've looked for formulas, but what I've turned up is multiple values to one value e.g. $ or - to blank. Any help would be appreciated! Well, the easiest way would be: Ctrl+F > Replace > Find what (type in your criteria) > Replace with (type in your criteria) > Replace All. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by c...

Where can I find additional 3D Shapes to be used in Visio 2003
Hallo everyone, Pardon me if that question has been asked already but I just discovered this newsgroup while searching for an answer. I am using Vision 2003 and I am looking to find additional 3D shapes likes the ones used for computers, networks, printers ... etc in "Network and Peripherals". Are any additional of these cool shapes available. If yes where can I find these shapes? Any other industries represented like transportation and professional printers? Thanks in advance for all the help you are willing to provide. Best Regards, Ender Capelli Not sure if any of these have 3...

Find Record
Please forgive me for my limited knowledge of Access 2003. I would like to know how I can look up a record on a form then select that record and edit it. I would like to have one form that allows me to search then if the record is there I can select it and it takes me to a subform for data entry purposes. If the record does not exist then I will click the "new record" button for a blank form. Form 1 *Find Record *If record is there, select and open subform for data entry *If record does not exist, click on "new record" and open blank subform for data entry Any id...

Stationary #13
Hi, I am trying to create an email stationary template for the company. I can create an HTML template using Frontpage with the company Logo at the top and a disclaimer at the bottom using frames. However.... 1) I have been asked to make the curser appear at the starting position under the logo (it currently appears above the logo?!?!) 2) The users wish to use Word as their email editor so they can have spell checker for outgoing email but as soon as I enable this it wont let me use HTML and therefore, no stationary. 3) If I apply the template as a signature instead of stationar...

Finding cost basis
I am trying to find the cost basis for several mutual funds I entered manually, and I need to enter the cost basis into my online brokerage. The shares were purchased between April 2006 and December 2007, and the shares transferred in Dec 2007. Because of reinvested dividends, I have both short and long term shares. The only reporting I have found shows a total cost basis, but that won't be accurate if I sell some of the short term shares. In microsoft.public.money, Dede T wrote: >I am trying to find the cost basis for several mutual funds I entered >manually, and I need to...

Access Design 01-13-10
zg´┐Żoszenie nieakutalne ...

Microsoft Office Button I cannot find the
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Do you get something like the picture shown at the link <http://jtanna.tripod.com/Word_Options_is_here.pdf> when you click on Office button? If so then "Program Name Option" means anything you are working on. It could be "Word Options", "Excel Options" etc etc as shown in the picture. Please let us know if this is what you meant. Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Micros...

Re: Finding an SMTP Address in Exchnage Server 2003
forgot to specify that in the box where you type in the address, preface it with "smtp:" -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > in ADUC, you can query for this address...on the "advanced" tab of the query > dialogue box, specify proxyaddresses is exactly then specify the address > you're looking for... > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "Petester" <Petester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:BD876470-01A4-49BB-B2A6-BB7CC6B675BB@microsof...

Outlook Contacts #13
I am using Office 2002 and in previous version, I was able to display my contacts sorted by last name,first name when creating new mail using the To: option. I have not been able to find this option in 2002 with SP3. Is this possible. Thanks ahead of time... tj tj casey <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Office 2002 and in previous version, I was > able to display my contacts sorted by last name,first > name when creating new mail using the To: option. > > I have not been able to find this option in 2002 with > SP3. Is this possible. T...

default icons not being replaced
I have drawn new icons for my app, using the VS (VC++ 6) resource editor, large and small versions, and yet when I execute the program my title bar has the default "little window" icon and my taskbar icon is the mfc squares default icon. I used the appwizard to create the program, selecting SDI without document/view architechure, thick frame, minimize button and maximize button. I have included the following code to attempt to get my icons: HICON m_hIcon = ::LoadIcon(NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_MAINFRAME)); SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); It compiles fine but the icons dont change. ...

ie8: Find On Page Support Ubiquitous or Intermittent ??
IE8, XP3: I can't tell whether some web pages defeat Find on Page or if oleacc.dll module registration gets lost. Where can I copy it to make it permanent ? ...

Outlook Address Book #13
I have a Toshiba e740 PDA, amd want to sync a personal address book from Outlook 2003. I don't want it to go into my same outlook contact folder on the PDA. What can I do to correct this? Thanks, Mark Cooper -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com Mark Cooper <mcooper@reidhosp.com> wrote: > I have a Toshiba e740 PDA, amd want to sync a personal address book > from Outlook 2003. I don't want it to go into my same outlook > contact folder on th...

Finding Fields
I have a document containing lots of fields, but when I use Find and specify Field from the 'Special' list, Word says the search item was not found. -- Richard Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com Press ALT+F9 to display the field construction and then search. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><&l...

Finding the last day of a month
Hello there, I would like to figure out the last day of a month, given a specific month and year. Not only would I like to know whether the last day is 28, 30, or 31 (based on the month...this is probably the easy part) but I would also like to know, given a specific year, if February had 28 or 29 days. Any ideas? Thanks! The last day of the month is: DateSerial(Year([MyDate]), Month([MyDate]) + 1, 0) Replace MyDate with the name of your date field. Access handles that correctly, even for December. If you just want the day number, add Day() around the expression. -- Allen Browne...

Help me find a circular reference cells located in unknown multita
When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error message. I can't find the cell among the numerous sheets. ? Also I found it once & checked it using the precedents button & it looked alright but I keep getting the error. Is the circular reference error message always always right ? You may want to try Stephen Bullen's utility: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip John7100 wrote: > > When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error > message. > I can't find the cell a...

Where do I find a user guide for Publisher 2003 ?
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH790018091033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92F4B5CC-BBE3-475A-AB9D-D57D5632C598@microsoft.com... > ...................or Alt-F4.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28mdneTzhqxCCWffRVn-2g@suscom.com... > > Ctrl/Alt/Delete and then the power butt...

Finding a future date
I need to find the date when several events occur forward from today. Typical would be the Wednesday in the second week of next May. Given: A1 = 2 (second week of the month) A2 = 4 (fourth day of the week when Sunday = 1) A3 = 5 (the fifth month - May) Can you help me with the formula in A4? I just cannot see it yet! With the year in A4, adapting a formula posted by Peo Sjoblom in February: =DATE(A4,A3,1)+7*A1-WEEKDAY(DATE(A4,A3,1)-A2) returns May 9 2007 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailina...

"Find People" page appears whilst creating e-mails
The "Find People" panel normally opens after pressing Ctrl + e. Recently I have noticed when typing a message in the e-mail message page, the "Find People" panel frequently opens when the letter e is pressed as part of a word. This recent phenomenon is annoying to say the least. Can anyone please explain why this is happening and a possible solution (happened twice during the preparation of this post)? Laura Windows XP SP3, MS Outlook Express 6. The control key was identified as pressed - either the keyboard is bad, or you have sticky keys or something similar en...

Can I reinstall Office 07 on a replacement computer?
Is there a limit to the number of reinstalls and how is it controlled? If it was OEM, it may NOT be transferred. If Retail, not a problem. Jag123 wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of reinstalls and how is it controlled? I have a similar problem. I know the student and home 07 can only install up to 3 PC. USED it on 3 PCS. One of those PC crashed and not working any more. would i have to purchase a new student and home product key No. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook versi...

Outlook 2003 12-13-09
For the last several days, Outlook does not shut down when I exit out of it. Emails are still coming in instead of remaining on the server until I open Outlook again. It's like it's working behind the scenes. I have to turn my computer completely off for it to not be active. Thank you for any help I can get. -- bookanne ...

How can I find font?
I create a club monthly newsletter using Pub 2007. Its contents come from many sources--club members, websites, etc., etc. Occasionally when opening my monthly 'creation', I see the note that one of the fonts is 'not recognized' and I'm asked what font I want to substitute. I understand the theory behind this..... But--how can I find just where the 'unrecognized' font is used in my publication? I've gone through this issue lots of times and can't find it. (The font is "Times") Any pointers would be appreciated. Usually the font will be...

Sumproduct Question 04-13-10
Hi All, I've been experiementing with the Sumproduct function in Excel 2007 and ran across a problem with the function that I cannot figure out. The following is an example: I have the following table in cells E21 to G23: 1 5 1 6 10 2 11 15 3 In cell D21 I input a value (e.g. 8) In cell E25 I have the followng formula: =SUMPRODUCT((E21:E23>=D21)*(F21:F23<=D21)*(G21:G23)) In cell D21, if I enter 8 I should see 2 - instead I get 0. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or would it be better to use another function? Thanks in advance!! John 0 is correct...

Find correct record after user using down arrow
My cboFind will show [Last Name] and [First Name]. I use wizard to create following code. Private Sub cboFind_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Last Name] = '" & Me![cboFind] & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.cboFind.BackColor = -2147483633 Me.Last_Name.SetFocus End Sub However, if use uses down arrow to move to different first name (same last name), my record selector only points to the first match of last name. How t...

best practice analyzer find old exchange server
When I ran Best Practice Analyzer it said it couldn't find a server that we have not used for awhile. We had exchange 2003 on it. The does that mean that somewhere in exchange 2007 it is still looking for exchange 2003 on an old server. I did notice in the hub transport send connector there is an exchange 2003 setting. Not sure how I should proceed On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:05:16 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I ran Best Practice Analyzer it said it couldn't find a server that we >have not used for awhile. We had exchange 2003 on it. The d...

W2003: find cursor location in table coordinates (table/row/column
I've been asked to extract data from an existing form that I didn't set up, and the format is less than ideal. To minimize my cycles of testing, it would be much easier to place my cursor in a sample document, and then debug.print the cursor location as table coordinates so I can hardcode the 'cells' that I need to extract. There are about 15 tables total, and I'll have to extract content from most of them. I played around with the range.parent object but couldn't figure out how to return the table info. I also googled, but no joy. Any suggestions...