Filtering Numbers

This is probably a very easy question to answer but I am
having great difficulty.
I simply want to filter a lot of data by numbers. For
example I have a lot of pressure data with readings every
second. I only want to use every hundredth point. If I try
autofilter - custom- ends with- it doesn't work. Only
works with text. None of the other number filters are of
use. Is it possible to filter by row number. For instance
to display every hundredth row? Any help would be
appreciated.

One way, in a helper column at the end of your data, put the following formula and then copy it
down as far as your data goes:-

=MOD(ROW(),100)=0

Selecet the data in this column and do Data / Filter Autofilter and then filter on TRUE

If you put 100 in say cell K1 and then make the formula:-

=MOD(ROW(),$K$1)=0

You can then easily change the value in K1 and change the intervals in the records you wish to
count

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Stewart Rothnie" <stewart.rothnie@paladinresources.co.uk> wrote in message
> This is probably a very easy question to answer but I am
> having great difficulty.
> I simply want to filter a lot of data by numbers. For
> example I have a lot of pressure data with readings every
> second. I only want to use every hundredth point. If I try
> autofilter - custom- ends with- it doesn't work. Only
> works with text. None of the other number filters are of
> use. Is it possible to filter by row number. For instance
> to display every hundredth row? Any help would be
> appreciated.

0
ken.wright (2489)

number format #8
How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. I want a list like this: 01 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 etc, going no higher than 99 (which if that were the case I'd want 001). Thanks. Go to Format cells and Custom and in the Type: type 00 or for how many numbers you want to fill. Stopher Glenn wrote: > How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can > only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. > > I want a list like this: > > ...

Data Analysis: Random Numbers
Hello, I'm using Office XP with Windows 98SE and trying to create random numbers on an Excel worksheet. I don't understand what to put in the dialogue box from the data analysis add-in for generating random numbers. My worksheet has a list of names. The other columns contain data about these names, but it's only the names that I'm concerned with right now. I want to generate random numbers for all of them. I've added a new column in which to generate these numbers, but I don't understand how to fill in the dialogue box. The help menu doesn't help! Here are the ite...

number of columns in a customized Form
Hi, We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is this possible? has any one tried this out? any hint is highly appreciated. Regards not possible in the standard forms and not heard of any solution to increase the capability. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Max.f FirstCity" <max.f@first-city.com> wrote in message news:e%23oXeStbGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > We need some times more than 3 columns in a row on a customized form, is > this possible? has any ...

join with different number of rows
I have a table(A) that is joined to 2 other tables (B and C). The Key in all 3 of these tables is Part. Part 123 in on Table A 1 time, on Table B 3 times and on Table C 2 times. Sample data: Table A Part 123 Table B Part Qty 123 100 123 125 123 278 Table C Part Qty 123 2500 123 4300 Current Output 123 100 2500 123 125 4300 123 278 4300 Desired Output 123 100 2500 123 125 4300 123 278 blank Any thought...

Combo box Filter
Hi All, I have a form that displays three columns labelled Science,Maths and Languages. Below each column is a command button "NewRecords". Upon click the button a new form (frm_NewRecord) opens upallowing the user to enter a new record. This form (frm_NewRecord)contains a combobox which holds all the books. What I want to do iswhen the user clicks on say New Records for the science column thenthe combobox in frm_NewRecord should only display the books relatedthat that category likewise for the other buttons.Any suggestions??Thanks On Mar 27, 7:09 am, "Asif" <asifhashm.....

keeping YTD numbers
Hi I have a spreadsheet with a weekly column which the numbers will change. the next two columns will be a YTD column, eg Weekly totals YTD totals 35 35 The weekly totals will be added to the YTD. However because the YTD will always be current week added to previous week the numbers will not recap properly. Is there another way to set up the spreadsheet without having 52 columns for each week to add up to the YTD. Any help would be appreciated thanks It is not clear what is meant by "However because the YTD will always be curr...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail FIlter
Set your Junk E-Mail Filter to HIGH and it will capture 90 - 95% of your junk email. I was using IHATESPAM program and the built-in Junk Filter in Outlook 2003 is far superior. It really works great!! ...

Adding a two digit number in One Cell
Is there any way I can add the two digits making up example: the number 16 which is found in a single cell. Add 1 plus 6 which would equal 7. The original number 16 is the number found in a single cell. In A1: 16 In B1: =SUM(RIGHT($A1,1),LEFT($A1,1)) Drag formula down if you want to do this to multiple entries in Column A. -- Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com Rich/rerat (RRR News) <message rule> <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>> "Billy118" <Billy118@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Continue numbering in numbered list
I'm wondering if the "Continue numbering" option is in Publisher as it is in Word? Example: I start creating a numbered list. After the second item, I need to insert a few bullets. I then want to go back to the numbered list. Word has a smart tag, asking if you want to continue numbering. Is there a similar feature in Publisher? Right now, I have to go to Format, Bullets & Numbering and change the start number every time this happens. Shift+enter... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rmj71" <rmj71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Sum of different value in different worksheet & cell number
I have multiple worksheet with different location of values(cell number in different row) to sum up, but with one reference. Example; I need to sum up the number of apples in one workbook: 1. worksheet (1) where it says 25 apples in row 100, column AJ 2. worksheet (2) where it says 100 apples in row 200, column AJ 3. worksheet (3) where it says 200 apples in row 300, column AJ In one worksheet, there is a table of many fruits Banana, Pineapple, strawberry, etc. that has also values at different rows. The table is generated by our computer where it comes randomly as entered by ...

word table of contents numbering changes in outlook attachment
When I attach a Word 2003 document with a table of contents (e.g., pages 1-10) to an email (Outlook 2003) to be sent, the recipient's version of the document will have the table of contents page showing page 1 listed correctly but the remaining page numbers of the table of contents all show up as 2's (instead of 3, 4, 5, etc.). Cause? Cure? ...

Subreport based on query: Display/print ID number or Full name onl
I have designed a summary report that shows average ratings respondents give for seminar sessions. I have several subreports based on different queries that give me a Respondents ID number, full name, and any verbatim comments the respondent made. Clients and instructors now only want to see the respondents ID number only if there is no name. I just started learning VB so, I'm way out of my comfort zone here! TextBox FullName's control source is =[RspFname]&" "&[RspLname] RspID (PK) visible property is set to true Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer...

SOP Invoice unposted, Document Number Already Exists #2
I'm reposting this issue as it's falling off the next page, but I've cut and pasted my questions and replies. The replies I got or in (( )). Nothing up to this point has worked. I have some SOP Invoices that when searching them in document inquiry they show as unposted, but when I try to open one in the SOP Transactions windows it says that the document number already exists? What is happening here and how can I fix it. GP 7.5 SQL 2000 I must have looked all day long on the knowledge base and couldn't find anything. ((You probably saved the transactions which woul...

Is there any way to get BIOS serial number without using WMI in VC++/C++?
Is there any way to get BIOS serial number without using WMI in VC++/C+ +? I am able to get BIOS serial number using WMI classes. I want to know the way by which we can get BIOS serial number without using WMI Classes in VC++/C++? Thanks in Advance. Why do you need it? Note that if you are trying to "roll your own" copy protection, these efforts are largely futile, and can be defeated in minutes. If you want copy protection, look into commercial packages or shareware packages. Trying to invent your own is largely a waste of time. Why is using WMI bad when it is a specified int...

can i give a number an automatic colour on spreadsheet
Putting together a spreadsheet for a guest house and wonder if i can designate a colour to a number . e.g. if i have two customers in a room will the space and number automatically turn yellow on me entering a "2" Would be grateful for any help. Regards Jann The function you need to look up in excel help is "Conditional formatting". -- David Biddulph "Jann Waterside" <Jann Waterside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448B98C6-6F33-4270-B805-4424ACB24112@microsoft.com... > Putting together a spreadsheet for a guest house a...

VBA : get number of rows in a spreadsheet
Is there any way in VBA that I can find the number of rows used on a spreadsheet (the active worksheet)? The reason I need this is because I am trying to add some extra lines to a sheet (and move the following rows down the sheet). Cheers Bill Dallas Bill, Dim myRow As Long myRow = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row The above will often report more rows than those actually used, so often it is better to check a specific column for the last entry: myRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bill Dallas" <bill.dallas@gb....

Page numbers #12
Pub 2003. I have deleted 1 page from my brochure which now knocks out my page numberering by one. How do I change the page numbers. The page number is at the bottom of ech page. thanks Go to the master page, delete the page number text boxes. Re-insert page numbers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:k684j.44491$JA1.31773@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Pub 2003. I have deleted 1 page from my brochure which now knocks out my page > numbere...

How to filter rows with commom N�'s in any column
Hello, How is it posible to filter the common N� that may appear in an coloumn Examlpe: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row2: 1 2 5 16 25 30 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row4: 2 4 15 20 25 28 Row5: 6 9 19 29 39 49 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 In this example I want to filter all the rows that have the common N�8 The filtered Result Should be shown as below: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 Thank You Moti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use an Advanced Filter with criteria: B C D E F G 8...

how to change x axis to numbers (or accomplish similar)
I would like to make a grid for plotting co-ordinates. I simply need both x and y axis to be numbers example 1 2 3 2 3 Is there a way to change the x axis to be numbers instead of letters? Or if not is there a quick way for me to just enter the nubers into the grid without having to type them all (i need 1 - 5000) Thanks :) -- idle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ idle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492561 nvm I found it :...

VBA and Formula for Lottery Random Number Selection
Require VBA and Formula to perform the following: 1. Choose two Random numbers between 1-34 2. The lowest number of the two must be subtracted from the highest number to be within a predetermined Range. 3. The predetermined Ranges that can be selected are: 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30 and 31-34. This is the difference between the two numbers - the highest and lowest Randomly selected numbers. 4. Formula to check that Randomly selected numbers meet criteria. Example: Predetermined Range required 5-10 Numbers Randomly Selected 18 and 28 28-18=10 therefore within predetermined Rang...

Mail Filtering [AGAIN]
Posted this with no responses a while back - - let's try again: I have SMTP mail filtering configured and turned on for my SMTP virtual server IP address. My question is will the sender of a message that is going to be filtered out get a non-delivery response or will it just look as if the message has gone through to them? Thanks This will answer your question for Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866 Geoff Pearce Nemx Software "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:u9ga6ZZ0EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... &g...

SMTP filter #3
I would like to create a filter that will forward all SMTP messages from a particular address to another address. How can this be configured in Exchange 2003 SP2? On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:04:24 -0700, wyndows <wyndows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to create a filter that will forward all SMTP messages from a >particular address to another address. How can this be configured in >Exchange 2003 SP2? > > > > An Outlook rule or script or 3rd party software. Cant be done in Exch 2003 natively. You would really need to look at a 3rd party SMT...

how do I find out if data in a text field is a number or text str
I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 If CStr(Val(TextField)) = TextField Then ' it's numbers only Else ' it's mixed End If -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jahfish" <jahfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EE6D586-6D22-47A7-B8F7-F29D6A68651B@microsoft.com... >I want find out if data in a text field is a number or text string. e.g if > the data is 1234, rather than fred1234 Test it with IsNumeric(). For...

Forcing numbers to round up not down
I have a formula that gives me the number of weeks in a period. How ca I get the fractions of a week to round up instead of down. For example, if the formula returns 15.1 weeks, I want the value to b 16 weeks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the ROUNDUP function -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "barch78 >" <<barch78.14cd8v@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:barch78.14cd8v@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a formula that gives me the number of weeks in a period. How can > I get the fractions of a wee...

How to create a table with numbers from 1 to 600?