Filtering data within macros

I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job.
have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how man
jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macr
which works out most of  the combinations of filters and outputs it t
a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloum
tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting th
filters everytime for every combination?

hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!!

Cheers
Robert

This may be helpful

Sub PartsFilter()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Sheets("Parts")
 x = .Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row
 .Range("A4:D" & x).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>"
 Application.Goto Range("a5"), Scroll:=True
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub PartsUnfilter()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Parts").Range("a4:d4").AutoFilter
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job. I
> have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how many
> jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macro
> which works out most of  the combinations of filters and outputs it to
> a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloumn
> tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting the
> filters everytime for every combination?
>
> hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!!
>
> Cheers
> Robert.
>

> ---

Don

How to journal receipts from printer as uncompressed data?
The default option is compressed. But Dynazip seems not support unicode interface. Any ideas? ...

lookup formula not picking up correct data
I using Excel 2003 to create a "Lookup" formula to calculate grade points and grade point averages. I want to insert the grade and have the grade converted to a grade point then multiply by the number of credits for the class. I created a vector with the grade and a corresponding vector with the grade point. The formula I am using is =LOOKUP(D6, B1:N1, B2:N2) where D6 is the lookup value (the grade); b1:n1 is the lookup vector; and b2:n2 is the result vector. The result is that I get an "#N/A" error message when I input some grades, I get the incorrect gra...

Word Automation Data Sources
Hi, My customer wants me to generate an invoice from data contained in MS Access. He has a Microsoft Word - based invoice that he currently uses and wants the new system to use the same document. So I intend to use Word Automation and MailMerge to meet the requirement. Some of the information on the invoice is name, address, city, state, zip - one record per invoice, no problem. But he also has a detailed section of the invoice that will contain multiple line items. So there will be multiple records per invoice for that part. Question: Can one Word document hav...

Filter List for Linked Values
I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] - Manually Entered I want to filter the list for linked values. Is this possible? Hi not without VBA (using a user defined function) and a helper column >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: > > - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] > - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] > - Manually Entered > > I want to filter the l...

Hyperlink Macro / Hide Tabs
Hi I have an Excel 2007 worksheet with 10 tabs. The first tab has a contents section where each of the subsequent tabs is hyperlinked. By clicking on the hyperlink I go to cell A1 of whichever tab I select. In addition each tab has a hyperlink taking me to the contents tab. I would like a macro where, when I click on a hyperlink, all tabs other than the cover tab and the selected tab are hidden. In addition when I click on the contents tab in a selected tab every tab is hidden bar the contents tab. Can anybody help? Rup ...

Manipulating text data
Win XP HE, XL 2002 Hi, I have a list of 1000 company names that I need to parse in this manner: In Cell A1 abcmanagement should be in Cell A2 ABC Management In A2 abcdefcompany should be in B2 ABCDEF Company etc..... There are a list of company with the following keywords: management, company, firm, llc, that may appear in the names in cell in the A column. What I need to do is a) insert a blank space between whatever is BEFORE the above key words. How to use a formula to quickly "parse" cells in the A column to insert this blank space at the right place and separate the names a...

including data in combo box ??
Please help I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a cell Thanks Hi, Manny Try this: Menu Data > Validation > list I hope this hepls. "Manny" <manny@mdrsolutions.co.za> escreveu na mensagem news:e4adkk$pn5$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Please help > > I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. > I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a > cell > > Thanks > ...

Macro Run on WorkBook Open?
Have a macro that I want to run when the file is first opened. Is this possible? If so, How? Thanks in advance -- / Sean the Mc / "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) You answered your own question. Right click on the excel icon just to the left of FILE> the workbook_open event is there. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "What-a-Tool" <Die!FrigginSpammersDieDie!@IHateSpam.Net> wrote in message news:MetMc.7592$BX.2445@lakeread08... > Have a macro that I want to run w...

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

how do I highlite text within a cell (specific characters)
I am trying to high light specific characters within a cell. (similiar to the way text can be high lighted in word. Can this be done in Excell. I dont want to change the colour of the cell or the colour of the text - but do want to high light specific parts of the text with in a cell Just select that part of the text and format as per your requirement by going to cells > format > font. Mangesh "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9781298-1301-4FE1-9901-9D1C03504504@microsoft.com... > I am trying to high light specific characters within a ...

Add Collapsible data to report or form
I want to show a report with the following levels: Asset Class Investment Option Dealer Group So within each asset class there will be options then within each option will be dealer groups. Easy enough. Now what I want to do is somehow show something like this.. [-] Asset Class [-} Investment Option 1 Dealer Group 1 Dealer Group 2 the [-] are collapsible levels. So I want to initially display all asset classes and how much is in them, then allow the user to click on the report, or form and then display underneath the asset classes the investment ...

creating a macro that will paste a value and then move
Please, help! I am trying to recreate a macro that opens a workbook, goes to Sheet 1, pastes clipboard info into A1, then moves to B1, then saves and closes the file. I know how to make the file automatic and how to get it to open and close (Auto_Open), but I cannot remember how to get the macro to move from cell to cell (left-to right). What happens is that when I do a recorded macro and then try to rerun it; it will paste into A1 and then will tab over to B1. Then upon the next time that I call up the spreadsheet, it will even paste to B1, but will not move further from that spot. I then...

Duplicating data according to Dates
Well, that's the best description I can think of anyway. I need help with a solution. I have a set of data (vehicles) that I have managed to extract a complete history for. This dataset shows the month and year of every inspection that was completed on the vehicle according to the location that it was at when the inspection took place. Here is an example: Vehicle -- Location -- Year -- Month Car1 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 Car1 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 12 Car2 -- Location1 -- 2007 -- 2 Car2 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 11 Car2 -- Location3 -- 2007 -- 5 Car3 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 My goal is...

Receive large data pack by CAsyncSocket
Hi, I'm writing a client application using CAsyncSocket. I have got two threads: first (for my Main Window) and Second (for communication). Ofcourse socket is in the second thread, but there is no problem (I think:). I send to the server demand for a data. It send me data (3607B), I can see -I use program Ethereal- that the data structure is OK (it's "well known" structure for me). Now I Recive data like this: " char ReadBuffer[4096]; char RecData[4096]; DWORD dwRead; int PosBuf=0; DWORD dwWrite=1; do { dwRead= m_Mysocket.Receive(RecData, 4096); if(d...

Populating a table with filtered result of another table
Hi, I have a worksheet that has a large table that I filter by a certain column. Is it possible to populate a table on a second worksheet that is the filtered result of the first worksheet's table? For instance, if I have a table listing types of cars and their color / make / etc. I sort it to see only Red cars. Is it possible to have my second worksheet populated with a table of red cars, and my third worksheet populated with a table of green cars? -- pikakathy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pikakathy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

Where are macros stored?
Specifically, where are Macros stored? Is it in my C drive?I've created some Macros, chosen them to be stored in Personal macro workbook instead of the other choices, and they are now arbitrarily stored in Personal.xls. Is Macros are stored in workbooks. The next question is "where are workbooks stored?" If you record a macro, you're given the option of what workbook to record into. If you choose personal.xls, they'll go there. If you choose, thisworkbook or new workbook, they'll go there. (I always record a macro into a test workbook. Then I can tweak ...

Filtering a combo box...
Hi, I have a combo/dropdown box that shows all my customers (2000+) but obviously its difficult to find the exact customer i want.. The textbox part of the combo box will go to the first entry as i type which is ok but i would like it to filter down to show only the people that match what im typing as i type it.. for example i type "w" and the combo shows.. David Williams Walter Jones William Smith then i type the 'i' and get David Williams William Smith is this possible with a combo box? how come my inbox is not is not set in my left colun,and my delete word...

Report not reflecting data that I just changed.
Hello, My first CRM report and after figuring out many many things, I have 1 very frustrating problem. I wrote a quotes report that when I run within CRM it looks great, but then when I change the data and try to re-run the report it does not reflect the changes. I hit re-calculate and save and see the changes in CRM, but when I run the report the report runs in a fraction of the time but does not have the updated data. I checked to insure that the reports manager is setup to grab the latest data. I ran the standard accounts report and it also does not reflect the latest data, so ...

auto filter stops working
The auto filter shows up with the dropdown list arrows and only contains the standard all, top 10, and custom list. It no longer contains unique data. The custom will allow you to put in a search and will not retrieve the rows. It worked before and just stopped. How do I fix the problem. I don't see anything in the spreadsheet that would of caused it to quit working. I am running excel 2002. Thanks, Paul Did your filtered range get deleted?? Try taking off autofilter, reselect the range and select autofilter again. James "tweedybird@gmail.com" wrote: > The auto filter ...

referencing multiple cells when data is organised differently
I have a list of products with sales targets on one tab. The products go vertically down the page. On my second tab, the list of products goes horizontally across the page (the other way round from the first tab). Is there a way I can reference the first cell and copy the formula in such a way that I can quickly link the other cells. Its possible to 'drag' the formulas down or across when the original data goes in the same direction as the new one but I cant figure out how to quickly link multiple cells if the data is organised diffenrently. Thanks for any help! ...

Acces denied when trying to access offline data after synchro
Hi, I have XP SP2 fresh Installed on my laptop, reinstall crm for outlook with all patches, everything work fine with my crm on my server, i can acces my data with my outlook and also via the web. I do sync and it work fine also. After the sync i automaticly receive a error : Acces denied : You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. I go back online ans it's working online. Never able to access my offline data and getting this message each time. In the registry key i have the 00 already. My CRM security service is strated on the server. The only...

Love this warning: .\hypervlib.cpp(12398) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'DWORD' to 'DWORD', possible loss of data
Hi, this is not a real question more something funny i ready while compiling my code. Read this and tell me what you think (VC9, Dll Project): ..\hypervlib.cpp(12398) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'DWORD' to 'DWORD', possible loss of data Hehe,... Regards K. -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Microsoft Live Space: http://kerem-g.spaces.live.com/ Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied...

merge and justify data
Hi, I have data in the following format: A1 B1 123 1223 12 2356 What I would like to do is be able to merge and justfiy into column C1. A1 B1 C1 123 1223 123 1223 12 2356 12 2356 Using the formula -=a1&" "&b1 I accomplish this. However I would like to justify the data so the data is like this: A1 B1 C1 123 1223 123 1223 12 2356 12 2356 1234 69877 1234 69877 Any ideas on how to justify this data/ I cannot imagine how this would be accomplished in Excel (or why you&#...

Assign Macro to Icon on toolbar
I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up. THANKS for any help. In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- Office Button (top left hand corner). Excel Options Customize In:- Choose commands from: - select Macros Highlight the Macro you wish to attach to the Save button Add>> Your Macro should n...

Problem Importing Fixed Width Data
I have a data set of about 700 entries from an old Pascal program that was exported to a text file in this fomat: ID # : 10106 Sex : Female Raw Scores : 1 4 1 0 3 6 3 T Scores : 53 114 65 43 64 83 42 I need the headers to be ID#, Sex, Raw Scores 1-7 and T Scores 1-7 and then to pick up the data and place it in the appropriate cell. Since the format is inverted, Excel cannot import is correctly. Is there a script that will accomplish this? Thank you for your help!! What column is the data in? Can the number of sets vary or is it always 700? What is the first row of ...