Filtered list & maximum no columns problem

Hi

I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data,
which I am performing calculations on.  I have run out of columns for
this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as
I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions?

Bertie

--
claytorm
claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610

Size ALL Columns To Fit
When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through a right-click on the 'Name' column. Unfortunately I have to do this every time I open a folder. Is there a way (Regedit, perhaps) to have Vista ALWAYS size all columns to fit at all times automatically, adjusting the width of the folder window as necessary? "ragmaniac" <teeseller@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c2ffd0bd-0b2f-4e66-b50d-5363a7fc407e@s13g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through > a right-click on the 'Na...

LoadImage and Shell_NotifyIcon problem...
Hi all. I�m trying to load icon from file using LoadImage and add that icon to system tray. However, seems like the LoadImage doesn�t work properly because Shell_NotifyIcon doesn�t work with that icon. I tried with application icon (AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDR_MAINFRAME) and everything works normally. I used the following code to load image: return (HICON)::LoadImage(NULL, lpszFileName, IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); I tested that code in test application and icon is displayed properly. Icon on the disk has 32bit colors and size is 16x16, if it matters at all....

Sophos 'Mailmonitor for Exchange'
I'm trying to find out if any other suppliers/users of Sophos anti-virus are having problems with Mailmonitor for Exchange. Before getting into the detail, let me just say that Sophos were first advised of this particular problem on 25th November 2003 (case id AVK-25-FGT for those that are interested). They have previously been made aware of everything in this posting. As a long time advocate of Sophos and MD of a 'Sophos Certified Partner', their help in resolving this particular issue has left me completely under-whelmed and we are now evaluating alternative products for the c...

Query Based Distribution Lists #3
I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields. I would like to make a list based on Group Membership. There is a field under USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a preview. I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of a single office with the same address etc. So I made them members of groups based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail based on this membership. McMurray <McMurray@disc...

problem with a conditional max problem
-- What formula could you enter in cell E13 so that if a value is entered in cell E12, cell E13 will display the value of f(x) that corresponds to the largest tabulated x which is less than or equal to the value entered. For example, if 3 is entered in cell E12, then E13 should display the value of f(0). Brian If your tabulated x's are in a range named "tabx", one way: =f(LOOKUP(E12,tabx)) where f() is your function. In article <8D7078DA-197C-4F2B-B7D0-129DEDC8EC8D@microsoft.com>, "Brian Cornejo" <BrianCornejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

running total #N/A problem
hi, i am trying to make a stock register. I have the following row fields: Product, transaction_date and following data fields: receipt, issue, balance (balance is a calculated field whose formula is receipt - issue and shown as running total with base of transaction_date) it is running perfectly allright till i add one more row field called transaction_no after transaction_date. the running total column gives me a #N/A. I am trying to make a stock register that shows the product, dates and transaction no's of each product and five a running total at the end of every transaction. i...

Macro Problems
Hello everyone. I am using Excel 2000, and I am having a macro problem. On sheet 1 I have a dropdown that I use data validation with and a macro. This list sorts alphabetically, and I can type new names in when I need to. It works fine, but I need to have two to three more dropdowns on the same sheet. I tried to modify the macro, but it will not work properly. I created a new list "VendorList" and modified the macro.(I think that is where I messed up) here is a copy of the modified macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error Resume Next Dim ws As Workshee...

Maximum MBOX file size limits and attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am paring down a huge identity (16GB) by creating saved searches (6-month groups) of an offline copy of an exchange identity and pulling them to the desktop as MBOX files. One has 2314 items, another 14,521 and yet another has 18,845. Curiously they are all about 2GB in file size. Is this a limit? What happens when I exceed it? Are attachments stripped to preserve the messages? Thanks! On 3/29/10 2:35 PM, theocmg@officeformac.com wrote: > I am paring down a huge identity (16GB) by...

My problem about rendering behavior
==== What I want to do: ==== I am hosting a "Microsoft Web Browser" control in my MFC program. I want to draw a red rectangle encompassing one or a group of html elements. Since the rectangle may encompass more than one elements, it seems to me that it is impossible to do it by changing element styles using IHTMLStyle interface. ==== The Method I am using now ==== Currently I am using "rendering behavior" method described in this topic: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.d... which offers some sample codes as follows: &...

Problem with XP
HI ALL, Last time, i have to face a very strange runtime error. I have developed an application using VC6 and windows 2000 server. When I run this application on XP, and when drag a DIALOG and is moved off the right corner of application, a runtime error occur and application closes Regards, Ghazanfar Ali Ghazanfar Ali wrote: > HI ALL, > Last time, i have to face a very strange runtime error. I have developed > an application using VC6 and windows 2000 server. When I run this > application on XP, and when drag a DIALOG and is moved off the right corner > of applic...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Fliping the values in columns
Hi I have values in columns A to ...say G. I want to quickly (without retyping the values) flip the order so that what is now in column A appears in column G, what is now in B appear in F etc. How can this be done quickly please? thanks Insert a new row on top, put 1 in A1, 2 in B2 and so to G1, select all values plus the newly inserted values in A1:G1, do data>sort, click options and select left to right, sort by row 1 and choose descending -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "thrava" <thrava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E671B0-3616-4DCA-811F-1E80668...

CRITICAL role permissions problem
I have created a user role which gives 'none selected' for write access to Accounts and Contacts. The role also has 'none selected' for delete rights for accounts and contacts. The role has create, read, append, append to, assign, and share rights for Account and Contact. The client requires their sales reps to be able to create Accounts and Contacts and save them, but not be able to edit them after they are saved. The problem is when a Lead is converted, and the options for creating Account, Contact, and Opportunity are all selected, the user get a permissions error. ...

Lists Box
I have a form with fields; ID, DATE and QUANTITY. The Date andQuantity Field I've changed into a List Box showing the two columnsrespectively and the ID field is left as a normal text box. When Iclick on any item in the list box the ID change change according towhich ever entry I have selected. Unfortunetly ID field staysconstant!!Any suggestionsThanks Hi, Asif,did you include the ID field in the ListBox?The easiest solution:1) Add the ID field to the RowSource.2) Point the BoundColumn to the ID field.3) Set the ID field column width to 0.HTHVlado"Asif" <asifhashmani@hotmail.c...

Problems with merged cells
I have merged a fair few cells so that I can enter paragraphs, once I type past a certain point it wont bring up everything I have entered in the cell, it cuts half of it off & it wont print it either, but when i click on the cell all the information is there......can anyone help me out with this??? Excel has limitations (see link below). Cells will show up to 1024 characters, but up to 32,767 will appear in the formula bar. Printing.. maybe it has a 1024 character limit too. (Just because you're using merged cells doesn't mean you get more characters - they're ...

stacked column chart not baselining at 0
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I. I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th being a cumulative total. Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at 2x that (negative) value. ...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...

Problem with links
I'm having a problem with a link. I have a work book called 'Graveyard Shift' and a sheet within that workbook called 'Graveayd Charts'. I also have a 'YTD' workbook. I have the charts linked from 'Graveyard Charts' to 'YTD' I am getting an error that says Invalid Refernce. I checked it , it is right. When I have 'Graveyard Charts' open then everything updates perfectly. Any help? Peter - If the links use some kind of dynamic function (INDIRECT, OFFSET), the source workbook has to be open. Links to closed workbooks only work with no...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Text size in a drop-down list
I have created a drop down list using the Data>>Validation feature. The list is pulled from a range of values in the spreadsheet and a drop-down appears on each cell where the data validation is set. The problem I have is that the list text is very small, maybe 8 points. Changing the source data or the size of the validated cells makes no difference. Changing Excel default settings or Normal style text size settings doesn't make a difference. Does anyone know how to change the text size so that we can read the drop down text? A workaround http://www.contextures.com/x...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

my formats get pushed out when I insert columns
Hi folks, I am having trouble when inserting columns in a large data field. Whenever I insert a column at some point in the data field, th formulas within the data field adjust, or 'stretch', to accomodate th added column, however my conditional formatting gets pushed along t the right and doesn't adapt itself in the same way the formulas do. This means whenever I insert a column, the formulas remain correct bu I have to reset the conditional formatting for the entire data field. I would be extremely grateful for any advice on this situation. Best regards, melvi -- Message pos...

Problem with resources on W98
My application, which seems to work without problem on XP, has a problem on W98 with resource : when working on W98 french version after a while the application display a dialog box with the french message "Une ressource requise était non"(in english "A required resource was not") After that message the application seems to lack resources to work correctly. What should I check on my code ? -- Joel Windows 98 does not manage system resources as well as XP, so if you create a bitmap for example, but do not free it, Windows 98 will eventually break. 2000/XP handle syst...