filter not working

I am using excel 2007 and my auto filter is not working.  There is no drop
down box for "blanks" or any of the items except for "select all".  Any ideas?

Select your range, then Auto Filter, don't let Excel guess your range.

"Kim" wrote:

> I am using excel 2007 and my auto filter is not working.  There is no drop
> down box for "blanks" or any of the items except for "select all".  Any ideas?
Teethless mama - you are "the bomb".  That worked.  Thanks.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

> Select your range, then Auto Filter, don't let Excel guess your range.
>

> "Kim" wrote:
>
> > I am using excel 2007 and my auto filter is not working.  There is no drop
> > down box for "blanks" or any of the items except for "select all".  Any ideas?

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

id() node-set function does not work in .NET 1.1 XML Classes
The id() nodeset XPath function does not appear to work when used with XPathDocument and XslTransformation dot net classes. I am trying to make use of IDREFs in XML that link elements to other elements in the document. The code below demonstrates the problem. I SHOULD be getting a line that says "NODES MATCH". Instead I get a "NO NODES MATCH". All the of the W3C stuff I have found says that this should work. Any ideas? robert sutton ==== HERE IS THE OUTPUT This is element Foo! name is bar ID is idfoo --------------------------- Found reference element, it refers to idfo...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

Filter
I have a table that has various fields on information such as name, address, phone number. I would like to generate a mailing list so that one household per phone number gets the mailing (John Doe & Jane Doe have separate records, but share the same phone number - I want for their household to only get one copy of the mailing). Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? Thanks, Glenn The best way is to use Word and use the Excel file as the database. Use the Word help files on Mail Merge to get details. "Glenn" <glenn@glenncoolong.com> wrote in message news:%23ACfS1...

Filter viruses
Hi, I'm tired of these viruses. However antiviruses doing their job well, but the matter is traffic. How I can filter messages with viruses which declaring in the message's header that this message came from my own domain but not from my IP address? For example: Header >Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 >Received: from mydomain.com ([Not my IP address]) by mail.mydomain.com. What can I do in this situation? Thanks in advance, Paul Use SPF. Refer to: http://spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/Spf.jsp Paul wrote: > Hi, > > I'm tired of these viru...

'advanced filter/unique values only' inaccurate counts
i often have to use filters to reduce a column of numbers to just it's unique values. simple enough, but unfortunately excel's advanced filter doesn't always do the job and leaves out values or just doesn't filter correctly. i'm hoping there's a simple explanation for this and the filter can be made more reliable. any thoughts? The filters are reliable, so there may be a problem with the data. For example, a space at the end of a text string can cause two cells that look the same to be extracted by the filter. Perhaps you can give an example of what's left out, ...

POS
Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone figured out a procedural workaround for this? -Luis TIA Hello Luis, I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because there is no way to have a lay away... Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS? -- Fabien in seattle "Luis" wrote: > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone > figured out a procedural workaround for this? > > -Luis > > TIA Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as...

Autofilter not working properly
When a column is autofiltered for blanks or nonblanks, the next available row for data entry is wrong ie: the last populated row is 300, but the row immediately below the filtered area is something like 3275 (random figure). Any ideas please, as this is driving me mad Hi, Does this problem happen when you highlite the range, then turn on autofilter? If not, you may have cells which at one time had data in them and Excel needs to reset the last cell. Have a look at: Last Cell - Resetting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm You may have cells which at one time had dat...

Connector to Lotus Notes not working
I did a quick search but I think my problem specifically hasn't been covered. I have Outlook 2003, SP2 as a standalone client (no exchange). I'm trying to connect to Lotus Notes (version 6.5.4 on my desktop) but I'm getting an error after adding it in as an email account: The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Please contact your system admin. This worked a month ago, but in that time, I got a new machine, so I had to re-install the connector. Please help! Any ideas? HI ricochet, if you have solved your problem do let us know. I have precisely...

How to transparent editbox control works correctly...
Hi i am working on an application where i have dialog based application. On dialog there is a picture control which displays a picture. Now i want to put an edit box. Text box string is current time which i am getting from OnTimer handler. i want that editbox control should be transparent except text in it. for this i have work with following code and get succeed in OnCtlHandler of dialog if(pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID() == IDC_EDT_Isha) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } it makes the backgound tranparent but when the value of the edit box change...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

Ignore option under Library Monitoring does not work
I have read the posts about this issue but I'm still having a problem with the auto-monitoring for folders to use in the Library. Like others, I want to create a new Library on another drive. I have set that folder (I:\Music for example) to be the Rip folder and have added it to the monitor list. I have set all the C:\... folders to IGNORE and clicked OK. All my old music still shows up. I can not re-rip the music to the new folder since WMP thinks it is already in the Lirary. I don't want to delete the old Library either. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:19:01 -0700, bigsky88 &...

.NET access not working
Hey everyone. I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money 2003. Any help is very appreciated! Jose I have exactly the same experience with money 2004. It started last week and I'm pretty tired of it. Mark >-----Original Message----- >Hey everyone. > >I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but >not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY >wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money >2003. A...

Trace dependents not working
I am able to do trace precendents from cells in several sheets to cell A. But when I tried to do a trace dependent on cell A, the trace dependent could not fine any formulas that refers to the active cell A. ...

Money 2007 Update Utility Not Working
Everytime I start Money 2007 I have a pop up window asking me to update Money and press OK. Which I do, and it closes Money and downloads the update. It then asks if it's ready to install, and that crashes. Then it says 'Microsoft Money Update Utility has caused an error and needs to be restarted.' or whatever that message is. That happens everytime I start Money, and I'd like to update it, because that notification is real annoying. What is wrong ? Is there a way to manually update Money 2007 ? Thanks Uninstall the IE 7 beta and do the update. The crash will stop. ...

Can filter driver ignore an AddDevice?
Hello, I have a question. If my filter driver elects not to filter a certain PDO (e.g. it retrieves some PDO property through IoGetDeviceProperty and figures out the device should not be filtered), what should it do? 1) Return STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, or 2) Simply return STATUS_SUCCESSFUL before doing any IoCreateDevice And anyway, is it legit to call IoGetDeviceProperty on the PhysicalDeviceObject at this point? Thanks. Just return STATUS_SUCCESS but do not attach to the device stack. If you return a failure code the whole device stack will be torn down. -- Don Burn (MV...

how i can filter the Treeview child node
At the 'select purchase order items' screen (purchase order module-auto receiving), there is tree view object. Can i do some customization on the treeview object? I only want to display the PO NO according to the person in charges and the person currently log into GP. Can someone give suggestion on this? ...

archive not working
We are having company wide archiving issues. We are on Exchange 2003 SP2 and users are mixed Office XP and Office 2003. I have posted the question before on this and it looks like there is an issue with modify date. I am not sure if this will help with modify date, but we are using VERITAS as our backup and Exchange agent that will log in to every mailbox and backup email by email. Does the agent modify the emails date then? Before I take it to the Microsoft support and spend money, can someone help explain why this is going on and why can't we archive. No error messages are generat...

criteria for filtering check boxes in a query
I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to know the formula for the criteria box On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote: > I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to > know the formula for the criteria box What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes". Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do well to re-think and repost your question. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:38:03 -0700, Desir...

Has anyone run into this situation where the user clicks on the "Advanced Search" button and nothing happens. Usually it would allow the user to do Advanced Search options, but no longer. The end stated that this problem just started happening a week ago. She said nothing new has been added to the computer. It doesn't appear to be greyed out, but no longer allows the option for Advanced Search. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. There seemed to be a couple of potential problems which resolved this problem. First, I added the IP Address of our CRM server wi...

OWA junk mail filter
In Outlook microsoft provides a way to update the junk mail folder by downloading updates for Outlook. If someone is using OWA exclusively how does one go about updating the junk mail folder and is there a way that OWA gets updated? ...

Messages sent only to me in blue setting not working
For some reason this setting no longer works after we moved to new PCs at our company. Strange because it works for some memebers of our group and not others. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have absolutely no idea what you are talking about: Please provide: Version of Office/Outlook Where this "mail sent to me" setting? Is this done via a rule? Have you checked your settings against those of people where it does work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all...

Reading my home email while I'm at work
I have Outlook Express 6 on my computer at home and at work. Is there a way I can check my home email from my office computer? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...