Filename is locked for editing in Excel 2002 SP3

We have some spreadsheets on the network drive.  Everytime myself or a
coworker at different times try to open the spreadsheet, we receive the
message "Filename is locked for editing".  No one on the network has the file
open.  Everyone has closed and turned their machines off, but I am still
unable to access the spreadsheet.

Can you let me know what I need to do to access the spreadsheet.  We made
sure read-only is not checked in properties.
0
Lloyd (37)

When this happens on a single user's pc, a common solution is to close excel and
to delete the files in the windows temp folder--and maybe reboot (or kill all
hidden instances of excel that may be running).

On a network, that suggestion morphs into rebooting the server that holds the
file.

Maybe it'll work for you.

--

Dave Peterson