any ideas why i cannot save this file?
0
anonymous (74722)

#1.  Are you working off a floppy?  If yes, then don't do this.

Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and
save there).  Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy.

#2.  You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to.

#3.  Your diskdrive is out of space???

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Appending Excel data into an Access table while inserting the file name
I have a loop in an Access 2003 database that appends records from multiple Excel files within a given directory. The name of each Excel file cycles through one variable (ImpFileName) as its records are imported, but I also need to add the Excel file name to each record. I wanted to assign the value of ImpFileName to the DefaultValue property of the FileName field in the table as part of the DoWhile loop, but something is wrong with my syntax. My code is below, but only works if I comment out the line that assigns the DefaultValue property. Any help would be much appreciated! Dim tdf...

I want to save a backup copy of one word doc
I want please to be able to save a word document automatically, as a back up for a book I am working on. So for example, when I save this book, I would like for it please to be automatically saved in a safe location, somewhere else, without me saving it twice I mean, but automatically as a backup copy? PS: I know I have repeated myself there but I just want to make it clear what I am trying to do, as people in the past have been confused. See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) ...

don't insert quotes in excel save as tab-delim txt
I wish to export from an excel spreadsheet file to a tab-delimited text file - WITH NO QUOTES around any of the entries. They are not necessary, because tabs - not commas are the delimiters. I was quite disappointed that from changing to the older version of excel, which had a configurable export function, where I could specify "no quotes please" to excel 2000, I cannot specify this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

PST file >2GB
I have a use with a PST file >2GB. I ran the inbox repair tool, but failed. THe MS knowledgebase also recommends bulletin Q296088S which uses file 2gb152.exe. However, I can not download this executable. I get an error that the site or link is bad and it times out. Anyone has any idea how where else I can get a copy? Check this site: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the...

show date file updated?
Can I have a field that automatically shows the date when the file was last updated? You can use code like Sub LastSaveTime() With ThisWorkbook If .FullName <> vbNullString Then .Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ FileDateTime(.FullName) End If End With End Sub This will put the last saved date and time into cell A1 on Sheet1. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Chris Hughes" <Chris Hughes@discu...

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

using hyperlink to open image file from a button
I use the hyperlink function to open an image file on the hard disk whose address is contained in a cell. But can I get this to attach to a button using a macro or can I open a file whose address is contained in a cell in some other way. I used a button from the Forms toolbar and placed it on my worksheet. I assigned it this macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim BTN As Button Dim testStr As String Dim myCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set BTN = .Buttons(Application.Caller) Set myCell = ActiveCell Set myCell = .Cells(BTN.TopLeftCell.Row, "A&...

ofc files
Hi, I have been using Money from ver 2003 and I have been downloading transactions in ofc files and it worked (i.e. imported to my account in Money) fine in 03 and 04. Now I have just upgraded my 2004 to 2005 and M05 wouldn't recognize (i.e. associate them in explorer) my ofc files. I've pointed the ofc files to be opened with mnyimprt.exe and it still doens't work. Any solution? Thanks. My understanding is thatMoney 05 doesn't support OFC downloads. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050901c4a5b7$e6531...

Save My Staffy
Hi, My Names Simon Wilson and I've set up a website to Free my staffy (Tally). The websites called http://www.trappedstaffy.com I'm trying to raise �1200 UK Pounds to get a back door installed into my apartment as the previous owners took it out, I'm only working part time and can't afford for the door to be put back in, So I'm asking dog lovers everywhere to donate One Pound only to help with this project. Kind Regards, Simon Wilson & Tally. ...

Changing a text name within a cell based on file name
Hello, I wonder if it is possible to change a cell contents based on the file name. For example I am using Excel file 2003 in my workbook sheet 1 in cell A2 it is populated with a text field - company name "Zenith Manufacturer" and in cell A3 has the company location text field "Tampa Florida" I have about 50 reports. The file name on one report can be Sch88 (Zen) or Ex 1 (Zen), etc. All of the 50 reports have unique names, but has the same identifier within the parentheses (Zen). Here is my problem I have to duplicate the same 50 reports with a different compan...

Unable to open/expand the file menu
When in Word I am unable to open/expand the file menu. It just highlights the word "File" but nothing happens when I click on it. All other menu's work just fine. I have ran a detect/repair but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars. Select "Menu Bar" in the list and click the Reset button. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. butter wrote: > When in Word...

using Money 98 files under Windows 7 Home Premium?
Hello, I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has stopped support for Money? How can he access these files? He still has Money 98 on his old PC - can he open the files with this and save them in another form which he could access under Windows 7? Cheers Geoff In microsoft.public.money, Geoff wrote: > > >I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. > >He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has >stopped support ...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

Import more than one .csv file into the same Excel file.
I have several .csv files which were created by saving data from Word forms. I want to be able to import all the files into the same Excel file. I have used the Get External data, Import text file commands to import the first, but this is not available to import the second. If I choose the Edit import option it replaces the row of data I already have from my first import. I am using Excel 2003. Why dont you merge the .csv files together using MS- DOS copy command. --Copy all .csv files to a single folder (say c:\temp\) --From command line type the command copy c:\temp\*.csv c...

Restoring a calendar file
I accidentally syncronized my new handheld to my desktop with a setting that said have all data on the handhelp overlay the data on the desktop. I lost all my calendar settings and contacts. I did copy the directories to other locations and was able to copy and paste the contact list back into the primary on on my desktop, but I can't find a way to do the same thing for calendar. I have tried deleting the primary calendar and renaming the other directory - Outlook won't let me do that. Also can't copy/paste like I did with Contacts. Anyone out there have a solution? ...

Open multiple file cause excel to freeze
Hi all I'm using several files each using external links to applications like Reuters 3000 Xtra and Bloomberg. When I open each files separatly, I'm asked to refresh the links and the file opens without problem. If I open two or three of this file, Excel freezes on the opening of the last one. I have to kill the process in order to close Excel. These files are used by many of my users, some have Reuter and Bloomberg, some have only reuter or Bloomberg, and some have none. Here is what I noticed : There are freezes only if the user does NOT have Bloomberg installed, but, there...

Location of files
Hi There Apart from managing the files via Tools --> File Centre in POS 2009 is there any way we could locate them via explorer? Also one feature in RMS was that we could share all files from one location on share drive for multiple registers or managers... Is this still possible in POS 2009. Any comments will be appreciated. -- Cheers Topi POS 2009 stores all those files in the database so to answer your question no you can not view the files via WinExplorer. Having said that because the files are store in the database the files will automatically be shared with all registers ...

How do I print all file names from a folder in Publisher?
In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? put the list in a textbox, then push the print button? why do you want to do this specifically in pubisher anyway are you going to make a fancy printout? "Leb Steve" <Leb Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3121C24F-8581-4861-B67C-C7615EA9D3CC@microsoft.com... | In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print | the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? Leb Steve wrote: &g...

Appending Date to File Name Syntax Question
Using WinXP and Access2K2 In the following 'on click' event in visual basic a text file is produced and sent to a file folder. The file name is always the same. I'd like to be able to append the current date to the file name ending up with as an example; "ADIF_11032007.adi", or whatever date it happens to be at the time of the report. My code so far: Dim stDocName As String Dim MyDate As String MyDate = Date 'Selects which report to use based on queries for each report If optQSL = 1 Then stDocName = "rptADIF_eQSL" Els...

Exchange Server Services will not start
Today I changed the administrative password and restarted the Exchange Server. When I logged as the administrator the following message appears "At least one service or driver failed during system startup, use event viewer to examine the log" In the event viewer, the following events are recorded: 1. Site Server cannot initialize the foll object: GetLastError()=87: Init Ldap Extension 2. The server failed to start due to initialization error. Verify config. Error Description: GetLastError()=1326: Logon Users for Anonymous users. 3. All the MS Exch. Services did not start because...

117769 files with .onetoc2 extension to delete !
I have accidentally create an astronomical number of files while using Microsoft Office OneNote for the first time ... and it was the last time All those files have the same name "OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2" and they are located in the directory D:\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music... and all the sub folders. How should I delete all those files? Is there a command to do it via ms dos ? Thanks in advance -- mistert > I have accidentally create an astronomical number of files while using > Microsoft Office OneNote for the first time Myomy ...

.bat file from outook 2007 in windows 7
Hi, I tried many ways of executing a .bat file attachment from outlook 2007 in windows 7. I tried the registry ( Level1Remove) option , tried with the outlook tool and did a research on this isssue. But still i am not able to run a .bat file attachment from outlook 2007 in Windows7. This works in Xp with Outlook 2007.Is this a permanent change in Windows 7? Is there any way to allow bat file to run from outlook 2007 in windows 7? ...

Saving Adobe files to Sharepoint
We are having issues saving Adobe files to Sharepoint libraries. I have seen many blogs that say to map a drive, but there may be issues with PhotoShop. Has anyone found a way to save Adobe files from the Adobe program without mapping a drive? Also, when performing a Save As from Acrobat 9 Pro, we receive an error (There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109).) and the pages turn white. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Use HTTP PUT Client to Upload Binary and Tex...

scrub file before submitting
Hi ng Using xl 2003 Need to scrub a text file before submitting Desired output: Inv # || Inv Amnt || Date || FAS? || FAS# Problem: Input file is invoice detail dump from Progress database Having a hard time using FIND and MID to extract the Inv Amnt Problem is truncation of decimal where .xx = .00 Sample lines from dump: 158005 1 0 28 "" "Contract # 1062--Event Date: 05/27/2004" ? "158005" "" "" 70043000 [Note - Amount = 28.00] 158006 1 0 45.75 "Kim Gardner" "Contract # 1001--Event Date: 06/1/200 Fas# 264430" ? "...

Open excel file through macro
I have one excel file with a column for file names and its entire path written into it. Is there any code through which i can open those file, read some data and close that file. Sub OpenBooks() Dim myC As Range Dim myB As Workbook Dim myData As Variant For Each myC In Range("A2:A100") Set myB = Workbooks.Open(myC.Value) 'Read your data myData = myB.Sheets(1).Range("A2").Value 'Do something with your data - write it next to the workbook name myC(1,2).Value = myData myB.Close False Next myC End Sub But there is no need to open the workbooks to read data - you coul...