FILE SIZES/CANNOT SAVE

Hi there !
    I have an excel spreadsheet with 8 wsheets which
worked perfectly , and was 180k in size.  However , as I
REMOVE wsheets the file size INCREASES!  When I leave just
3 Wsheets , each EMPTY! , the file size has quadrupled to
750K ! .. and I am unable to save/overwrite it on a
floppy !

   Has anyone any ideas ? ... Many thanks .... Brian

NEVER save to a floppy. SAVE and COPY to the floppy. Same thing on getting
file FROM floppy. Copy to HD. Then open.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"BRIAN BARNARD" <brian.barnard80@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi there !
>     I have an excel spreadsheet with 8 wsheets which
> worked perfectly , and was 180k in size.  However , as I
> REMOVE wsheets the file size INCREASES!  When I leave just
> 3 Wsheets , each EMPTY! , the file size has quadrupled to
> 750K ! .. and I am unable to save/overwrite it on a
> floppy !
>
>    Has anyone any ideas ? ... Many thanks .... Brian

0
Don

Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.
I recently had a user experience the following error when generating a report and thought I would share my fix in case any one else runs into this issue. Run-time error '-2147220503 (800403e9)' Fatal Error: Language database file C:\PROGRA~1\FRXFIN~1\FRXFIN~1.5\FRxXML4.dat not found. Also Received this error: Error 59999 Application-defined or object-defined error To fix this issue I reran the setup.exe and it corrected the issue on my computer on the users I had to run it twice and it corrected it. Troy, Interesting! We recently had a similar issue and if I recall correctly ...

How do I change the font size in worksheet tabs
You have to change the size of scrollbars on the Appearance tab of the Windows Display Properties dialog. -- Jim "Hairy Hurdler" <Hairy Hurdler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B05B4C14-B871-4F8F-9C38-4043085475DE@microsoft.com... | Thanks. "Jim Rech" wrote: > You have to change the size of scrollbars on the Appearance tab of the > Windows Display Properties dialog. > > -- > Jim > "Hairy Hurdler" <Hairy Hurdler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:B05B4C14-B871-4F8F-9C38-4043085475DE...

Outlook Express 6 File attachment security. #2
I have Outlook express 6 and can't receive attachments because of the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" check box is selected. How can I turn this off if the tick box is greyed out. Please can you help Regards Jonathan Pearson ...

hide sys files from ODBC connection
Hi everyone, I have an ODBC connection in Microsoft Access to download data from a SQL server. One problem is that the Import Object window will display not just the databse tables that I want to download, but it also lists all the Information_Schema tables and the sys tables. I would like to disable the display of the Information_Schema and sys tables because this ODBC connection will be used by users that do not need to know the system information on SQL. The SQL login of this ODBC connection currently is in the "guest" group, and have a "public" checked...

I get a Visual Basic Error When I try to print from the File Menu
Whenever I try to print from the file menu, I get a Visual Basic Error stating "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I can print from the Print Preview Page, but I cannot change my printing options. What do I do. It would appear that you have a macro hiding someplace - probably in an add-in or your Normal template or, if it's only certain documents that are affected, a specific document template - that's intercepting the FilePrint command. Star...

Creation of .PST Files
Hi, I have a 3 GB mailbox that I need to copy in one or more .PST Files First of all, I need to know if there is an Exmerge version that create a more-than-2GB file (Like Outlook 2003) and If not, If there are an application that create and split automatically into 2GB file thanks in advance last i heard, exmerge is still limited to 2gb. usually i set a date range in order to get items pulled out of mailbox and into 2 or more pst files. "Javier Villegas" <jvillegas@elsitio.net> wrote in message news:O05byWLTEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a 3 ...

Convert a worksheet to a text delimited file
Is it possible to convert workheet to a text delimited with pipes|to seperate the data? If so how can i do this. Thanks Simon "Simon Jelinek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2132901c45aaa$07bb92d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert workheet to a text delimited > with pipes|to seperate the data? > > If so how can i do this. > > Thanks > > Simon You could save it as a comma seperated variable (CSV) file then use an editor like TextPad (http://www.textpad.com/) to convert all the commas to pipes. Stace. C...

ISINTEG
We get hundreds of thousands of "Ignoring message size because it is a CDO generated appointment instance" messages when running ISINTEG. The specific test is the folder test. I even created a new store and moved most of the mailboxes, and these messages still come up. As a result, a pass of this test takes over 7 hours on a 20GB store in a relatively recent server (dual 3.4 processors, 4GB RAM, u320 15k drives). These messages repeat on every pass as they are not "fixed" so I am concerned about my expanding time window for offline maintenance. I've searched the web and...

Excel asking for save with no changes #3
Yes, "=NOW()". I'll try removing it. Thanks -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27781 ...

cannot delete or rename file on desktop
i have a file on my desktop named con.stock030801.xls. i cannot rename or delete this file. the message that pops up says that the file should be renamed but it wont let me. any suggestions? The problem is that "con." (con - dot - anything) is a Windows reserved name ("con" is short for "console" (the screen) and is used with command prompt commands). I don't know how it was created but generally it's not possible. For instance I cannot rename a file to your file's name, nor save a new one with that name in Excel. So this is not an Excel probl...

How do you view Outlook Archived files?
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Working with Archived files From: "Jerome" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 9/10/2004 8:30:56 AM Hello XP home 2002 I set up the auto archive per instructions to include seperate instructions for deleted files. The prompt appears every 14 days and I say yes. The auto archive system set up a folder on my E:\Documents volume called: archive.pst which shows 144KB and Archive folders on my folder list. When I select any of the archive folders they all appear empty. The deleted file function works fine...

Outlook 2002 Export to File Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 "Export to file" to get the .pst files in an exported file so it can be imported into another system. The problem is that this is no longer functioning as it used it. It no longer displays a window showing the files it is scanning and putting in the export file. It also never completes and the export file remains locked down unless you kill Outlook. Please help! Are you trying to get the .PST file data to another system running Outlook, or are you trying to convert to some other program or file format? If you're just moving data between Outlook in...

Accessing pst file: administrator permission
I've been trying to access a pst file I saved to disk, but when I try to uncheck the 'Read only' box in file properties (which I presume is what's stopping me accessing the file), I keep getting the message: 'You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes'. Any ideas of how I do this? Thanks Apparently your Windows Vista/7 workstation doesn't see you logged on with local administrator rights and/or you don't have full access rights to the file in question. Are you logging on with local administrator rights? &qu...

Data file did not close properly?
Whenever I come out of standby and then start Outlook 2007, I get a message that "A datafile did not close properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems". It almost a minute for Oulook to start. Has anyone else seen this? All the time. Outlook 2007 is too new to function reliably. It has major performance issues and is too slow to disconnect from its information store before your PC goes into standby or shuts down. I would never leave Outlook running. Make sure you exit it completely for at least a minute before you shut down or go into standby. -- Russ Va...

move acct from one file to another -Help please!
I am working with MS Money 2001, and I want to move an account from one of my MS Money files to another one of my MS Money files. Is this possible? Or do I have to recreate the entire account in the new file? Can anyone help me with this please!!! I can't find any information about it. Thank you! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=90. "stuckinmissouri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79af01c476b7$8eea77c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am working with MS Money 2001, and I want to move an > account from one of my MS Money files to another...

System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in such a way that just part of the file is written? or an empty file is written? Also if the Close or Flush is to a streamwriter
System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in such a way that just part of the file is written? or an empty file is written? Also if the Close or Flush is to a streamwriter writing to a network share, is it possible for the network to go down in such a way that the tartet file is only partialy written? or are there some kind of check sums to prevent this. Daniel wrote: > System.IO.StreamWriter Close or Flush method to shut down the computer in > such a way that just part of the file is written? I don't know if I understood this... Do you want to make ...

I cannot insert GIF files into Publisher2000
Somehow Publisher cannot access the GIF Filter files--they are there. It will insert WPFs. This happened after I installed a trial version of Office2007 on my home computer which is not connected to the Internet. I removed it but somehow the access to the GIF files went with it. When I attempt to repair Publisher2000 with my SRdisk2 nothing happens. Disk Check says everything is fine. What am I doing wrong? Don't say system restore--I am running XPPro and for some reason the checkpoint is after the problem. HELP!!!!! Rename the .gif filter (GIFIMP32.FLT) to GIFIMP32.OLD. Dr...

How to reduce font size for Folder list and email list?
I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font size are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest. That changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font size for Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right? I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing changed to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are still in very large font. Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very large font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at ...

Decompressing OAB files
Hi, We are running stand alone Exchange 2k3 SP2. MAPI client is Outlook 2k3 too. Both work fine with no serious problems. However, occasionally, the small yellow baloon starts popping up advising that Outlook is trying to get data from Exchange server. The details show that Outlook dives in decompressing OAB files. Knowing that, and due to small number of users, Exchange box is rather a PC hardware, why this behavior is so. Can be it be ever fixed. Thanks Yba On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 02:56:00 -0800, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >We are running stand alon...

Is there a company size where GP no longer cuts it?
We use GP for Payroll/HR, financial and accounts payable. I'm just the IT guy so I just enough to keep it running. Anyway, I had a user come into my office, upset about the software. She's convinced that the software can't be used for Payroll for a company larger than we are, ~450 employees. While I do trust the software is more capable, it did make me wonder, how big does the software scale, in terms of payroll? She was sure that Fargo's Microsoft campus couldn't possibly use the software for payroll. So my question is...how big are the biggest of companies ...

outlook 2002 not saving password
I run XP pro and outlook 2002. I have several e-mail accounts but one will not save the password. I have deleted the key in the registry but it has not fixed the problem, help please ...

How to open a pub file without having Publisher
I am building a website for a friend and he sent me a file with the extension ..pub which I'm figuring is a Publisher file. The file is a brochure for a camp event to be held in April 2008. My problem is that I do not have Publisher on my computer. I have looked in MS Office Suite which I have, and there is Word, Excel, PP, etc. but no Publisher. Is there a MS application that will open this file, as all I need is the information about the camp? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Christy wrote: > I am building a website for a friend and he sent me a file with ...

View the Max size of the Information Store
I just added the registry entry to increase the max size of our Information store. Is there anywhere I can verify that the change was successful. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. Look for event id 1217 in application event log when you mount a store. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "jbwerner" <jbwerner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A58F4F6-03F3-484C-9F84-241BA1500BDE@microsoft.com... >I just added the registry entry to increase the max size of our Information > st...

Alignment and Sizing toolbar in Access 2003
Can someone tell me why I'm unable to access the functionality in the Alignment and Sizing toolbar? I've created a form, am viewing it in Design mode, and need to customize the form by moving the controls around. This would be a lot easier to do with the functionality in the built-in toolbar but the icons are always disabled. How do I enable them? Finally found the answer on AccessMonster... Thanks! http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/databases-ms-access/11519/How-enable-Aligment-and-Sizing-toolbar -- Dawn "Dawn" wrote: > Can someone tell me why I'...

Cannot open excel file
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Corrupt File? From: "Johnny" <nospam@nospam.com> Sent: 7/9/2003 7:58:43 AM Hi, I have been given a excel file that I cannot open. It was created on winnt 4 workstation, office 97, and it was password protected. I have attempted to open this file up with excel, word, notepad, etc, and it says "unable to read file" I am attempting to open this file with the original OS and office 97 with no luck. I have attempted to open this file with Office 2000 and XP on Win2K, no success. Cann anyone help m...