File name problems - Microsoft Office 97 (only in Excel)

I am using Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP and I am
encountering a problem when saving a file.

No matter how you type the filename, it only saves to the
first letter of the filename (example home becomes h)

Any way around this problem?

Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode.

There was a post that said:
When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away.
http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl

And maybe this will help:

HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;292533

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

File size #11

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

find action on log file

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Excel 97 #9

Excel button problem

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Linking files 2 ways

Purchased Office 5-19--Upgrades Available?
This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way = to=20 upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way to > upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. Yes! Se here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004tg --------------------------------------------------------- Please reply to the newsgroup, and within the same thread. Merci de r�pondre au groupe, et dans l'enfilade...

outlook 97 and express email problems

learning Excel #3