File Modified by Another User #2

I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am
having a curious problem.

When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box
stating the file might have been modified by another
user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes.

The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a
Linux Samba share.  But then again, it has always resided
on the share.  Only since the SP2 update, has this
started happening:

These are the steps I followed:

1.  Opened Excel
2.  Opened the file on the Samba share
3.  Clicked SAVE
4.  Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or
save a copy

I know for a fact that noone else has access to this file
because it is on a private share that only I have access
to.  I don't make any changes to the file - all I do is
click Save and get the message...

Thanks in advance!

0
anonymous (74722)

hi,
since SP2 has come out, i have heard a lot of people say
that odd, stange, unusual things has been happen to xp.
I thing you should post to microsoft xp sp2 support direct
as irate consumer.
sorry that i can not solve your problem.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/11/2004 3:36:38 PM
The information in the following MSKB article may help:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/11/2004 3:47:41 PM
Thanks for the information!  I think that my fix the
problem!

0
anonymous (74722)
10/11/2004 4:55:47 PM
And.........the cause has nothing to do with Windows SP2.

Having problems installing SP2 on your Mal/Spyware-ridden, poorly de-fragged
and maintained computer, are you?

Perhaps visit http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:36:38 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>hi,
>since SP2 has come out, i have heard a lot of people say
>that odd, stange, unusual things has been happen to xp.
>I thing you should post to microsoft xp sp2 support direct
>as irate consumer.
>sorry that i can not solve your problem.

0
Gord

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

File size #11

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

Users ability to Manage Groups

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Goal Seek #2

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Excel VBA

Access to User Calendar

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

2 different Qty in order details in northwind
Hi, im pretty new with access 2007, i decide to use northwind template. In order detail both form, i have 2 different Qty, the original Qty is the Qty that will link to Inventory and I add another field Qty1 for invoice purpose. For example, I got 1 roll of tape, 1 roll will be cut into 10 pcs. We need to bill according to customer request qty 10, but actual qty sold is only 1. Anyone come across this issue. How to modify it w/o effect the function? table/form as below:- ID ORDER ID PRODUCT ID QUANTITY (FOR INVENTORY) QTY1 (FOR INVOICE) UNIT PRICE AND SO ON Is there a...