File Menu button is now an icon

I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I
did it or how to get it back.  The result is that a left click on that icon
will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously
abbreviated File menu.  Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and
Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu.

Help!

It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new
ribbon interface).

If that's true...

I'd try this first.

Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars.
Choose Customize (at the bottom)
Toolbars tab
Select worksheet menu bar
and click reset

And see if that helps.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Yes. it's Office 2000.

Tried your suggestion and it had no effect. Eagerly looking for more
suggestions.

Prior to it changing to the icon, the Restore/Minimize/Maximize menu
repeatedly  appeared in the upper left of the screen.  I thought it was the
PC messing up.  I tried Cntl+Alt+Del to exit Excel altogether and somewhere
in that process is when I noticed the icon vs the File menu.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new
> ribbon interface).
>
> If that's true...
>
> I'd try this first.
>
> Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars.
> Choose Customize (at the bottom)
> Toolbars tab
> Select worksheet menu bar
> and click reset
>
> And see if that helps.
>

> TJthediver wrote:
> >
> > I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I
> > did it or how to get it back.  The result is that a left click on that icon
> > will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously
> > abbreviated File menu.  Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and
> > Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu.
> >
> > Help!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

It sounds to me like you just deleted the worksheet menu bar.  (The excel icon
didn't really change behavior.)

So can you see the Edit|view|insert|Tools... options at the top of the screen?

If no, then go into that dialog once more and make sure that the "worksheet
menubar" is checked.  Maybe you clicked Reset without noticing that it wasn't
selected.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Lexmark icon Missing in Notification Area
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 with 2 GB of RAM, all WU's, Firefox, MBAM, SuperAntiSpywareProfessional, CCleaner, Spybot, CA Security Suite, and WLM. The machine's running just great but after the last restart (to complete the uninstall of Ad-Aware) my little Lexmark All-In-One printer icon is missing from the notification area. It's usually placed right next to my network icon. I've tried restarting the service (an app called `lxcz_device') using `services.msc' but to no avail. The printer works just fine. Can anyone advise how to get that icon ...

How to create buttons at runtime?
Hello! My application is connected to a database. Now I want to visualize some of the datasets. Easyest way seems to be using buttons. I don't know the number of datasets at startup, so I have to create the buttons in a loop at runtime. Does anybody have an idea or source? I am using Visual C++ 6.0. Thanks a lot, Mirco Mirco Schmedicke wrote: > > Hello! > > My application is connected to a database. Now I want to visualize some of > the datasets. Easyest way seems to be using buttons. I don't know the number > of datasets at startup, so I have to create the bu...

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

get xml option in data menu
i can't find the xml option in the data menu? any ideas? using office 2003 sbe. ...

xlsx file opens blank
Not sure when it happened or if it's always like this. Upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Set everyone up to save to XLS by default, since most people can't use or view the XLSX crap. So, one customer mails us an XLSX file. This lady tries to open it and it opens blank. So, we're sitting at the Excel screen with a light blue background as if no file was opened. Yet, someone else was able to open the same file just fine. Any ideas? Did you try maximizing the document? I've had that happen to me if I have multiple files open, arrange to view all, then c...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

Hide Button after clicking on the button to open a form
Hi, Please let me know how i can hide a button after clicking on the same button. I am able to click on a button and hide another button but does Access allow you to hide the same button you just clicked on? I used the following code to hide another button but why can't I hide the same button: Me.Command30.Visible = False Thank you so much. You can't hide or disable an control that has the focus. Set the focus to some other control and then you can hide the button. I do not know your applicaiton or what you are attempting to do, but I would suggest that you m...

Command Button Help
I have created a spreadsheet with multiple command buttons on them. Whenever I print or printpreview, they all move to the left. Why will they not stay in place? How can i get them to stay in place? Thanks for the help!!! http://support.microsoft.com/d´┐Żefault.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 There's a link on this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 How to obtain the hotfix This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix Package May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the ...

converting to UNICODE, _TCHAR and TCHAR, writing text files
Hi, i'm converting a MFC application to support unicode. I have some (probably noob) questions: - What is the difference between the types _TCHAR and TCHAR ? I see some UNICODE applications use _TCHAR and others TCHAR. - I have to convert the way textfiles are written. These text-files are send to machines using parallel port, so they have to stay the same as before (when my application had no _UNICODE preprocessor definition). The commands that are used to write these files are fputs, fopen, etc. When changing it to support wide characters are the textfiles still the same? example (_U...

How to select No Button in AfxMessageBox
Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No button and not the YES button? Thanks, Christian <chhenning@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149620473.144818.209610@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using > AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No > button and not the YES button? > Maybe use MB_DEFBUTTON2. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Thanks, that was it!! ...

HOW TO redirect stderr to a file??? (freopen NOT supported)
Hi i'm doing a porting from an application console for win32 to pocketpc 2002, this applicancion have a lot of call to function similar to those: fprintf(stderr, "%s: Unknown error\n", msg); ................. ................. fprintf(stderr, "dropping packet #%u\n", seqno); ................ i want to preserve those functions and redirect stderr to a file but pocketpc sdk and EVC30 doe not support the function "freopen" anyone can soggest me a way to do that redirection? Thanks fclose(stderr); FILE * f = fopen("whatever.txt", "w"); st...

reset the value of a spin button
Q: How can I reset the value of a spin button with out setting off the CHANGE event? I am using Office Pro 2003 and have tried the following with out success: Application.EnableEvents = False spnButton1.Value = VarX Application.EnableEvents = True Option Explicit Private fNoChange As Boolean 'other code Private Sub spnButton1_Change() If Not fNoChange Then 'change code End If End Sub 'more code fNoChange = True spnButton1.Value = VarX fNoChange = False -- HTH Bob "cubbybear3" <n4213l@gmail.com> wrote ...

Open Last Modified File form Location
Hi, I have one folder, which has 20 files & I want macro to open last modified file in that folder. Is this can be done?? File Path: C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\ Best Regards, Kam. One way using Dir().. Sub LastModifiedFilewithinFolder() Dim strFile As String, strFolder As String Dim dtLast As Date, strLMFile As String strFolder = "C:\" 'strFolder = "C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\" strFile = Dir("c:\*.*", vbNormal) Do While strFile <> "" If FileDateTime(strFolder & strFile) > dtLast Then dtLas...

Navigation Pane font/icon sizing
How do you increase the font size in the navigation pane from 8 to 14? I have been able to set the font size in the inbox (pane) and preview pane to font size 14 but can't figure out how to to that in the navigation pane. Thanks There is no separate setting for this. Instead of modifying each and every font, it might be better to change you general DPI settings in Windows. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/fontsizecolor.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo,...

button #3
Hi, How can i add a button "print" in the top of the worksheet , just to print first page onle Hi Mohamed, Select the button icon on the 'Forms' toolbar and place it whereeve you want it on the sheet. Then right click on the button and selec 'Assign macro'. Then select record and perform the steps required t print one sheet. Once you are done, stop recording the macro and yo are good to go. If you want to generalise it you can analyse the code and make change to it. (Alt+f11) shows you VB Editor where your macro code is in one o the Modules. Regards RA -- Mes...

Folder List does not display files and folders
Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list. No folders or files are displayed. There are files in the default folder called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List. Please can you advise? Thank you in advance. Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site ? The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage. The folder My Documents\My webs is a website. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

Remove File Extensions From a List of Files
I have a multiple very long lists containing file names. I'd like to strip the extensions off and compare names together. Does anyone know of a way to make xxxxx.prt turn into xxxxx Thanks justinfoote@freightliner.com> wrote in message news:1143068499.822470.242820@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have a multiple very long lists containing file names. I'd like to > strip the extensions off and compare names together. > Does anyone know of a way to make > xxxxx.prt > turn into > xxxxx > > Thanks If you have all files with a three letter extension, y...

Outlook 2003 Mail Merge with Voting Buttons
I need to send mass communications to customers. Currently I use Outlook with a personal distribution list with voting buttons (non-customized email) or I use Word Mail Merge to send a custimized email without voting buttons. I would like to send customers a customized email with voting buttons (Complete or Not Complete)... How do i set this up? That's not possible. You can opt to use a web based poll system and send the link in your personalized messages via a Mail Merge. This add-in might also be interesting to you; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_easysurv...

Changing Publisher file to PDF file
Hello, I ma just learning to use Publisher. I cannot find the directions on how to change a Publisher file to PDF file if that is possible. I want to link the Publisher file to a website as a PDF file. Thanks Al Krismer Hi Al Krismer (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I ma just learning to use Publisher. I cannot find the || directions on how to change a Publisher file to PDF file if || that is possible. I want to link the Publisher file to a || website as a PDF file. Visit www.primopdf.com for a free PDF converter. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publis...

Two Many Contact Files
Using Office 2003 Outlook. When I start to create a new email and write in the name it does not auto input the name as I enter it. I have the auto set OK. When I try and answer an email the auto name works OK. I also have another problem in that I have 4 contact lists. One of them has the addresses in it but the default one keeps telling me that the file has been moved or I do not have permission to use it. I have to manual set so that the second contact list opens when I go to the address book. The problem is that when I do that now the auto input of the address will not work. Is the...

drop down menu
when you right click on a mail message, the drop down menu does not appear. ...

Multiple pst files #4
I trying to use multiple pst files. I get an memory error after two pst files are active. There is a KB file( 907651 ) that recommends an Hotkey edit. The issue is that my registry does not have the \PST in this Hotkey recommended. Does anyone have any idea on why this subkey does not exist here?? From KB 907651: 2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. 3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\PST 4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. ...

mail merge to individual document (file)
Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? I want to EVENTUALLY do the following; Create a Newsletter (using Publisher) Merge it with my client list (to individual files) Create individual PDF files from merge files. Email each customised Newsletter (now as a PDF) to my client base. I know this seems long winded, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks in advance Bails <andrewgbaillie@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? > > Create individual PDF f...

Where are Outlook 2007 Personal file folders located on my HD?
I would like to transfer all emails within a number of Outlook 2007 Personal mail folders from one computer to another. I know that I can zip each folder, but would like to zip all of them at once and copy the zip file to a USB drive. If I am able to do this, can I simply copy the zipped file to another computer, unzip the folder contents and place them in the correct location so that Outlook will see and list the folders (and the messages therein) on the second computer? Both computers have Outlook 2007. I think that I need the directory location (and file extension?) for the ...

Touch Screen Button
I need to change or Modify Touch Screen Button. How? Need Help Chirag 732 548-6300 chirag@netlink-usa.com ...