File is not in a recognizable format.

Everytime I open Excel 2000, I get "This file is not in a
recognizable format".  I wonder if I have a corrupt
default file.  I tried to replace book.xlt with a newly
saved book.xlt, it didn't help.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Liz
0
raymondpw (1)

Sounds like you have a file in your XLSTART directory that doesn't belong
there. Use Windows' Find to locate the directory. If the rogue file isn't
obvious, move all files out of that directory, then move them back one at a
time, restarting Excel and quitting each time, to see which one is causing the
problem.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:44:15 -0700, "Liz" <raymondpw@willapabay.org> wrote:

>Everytime I open Excel 2000, I get "This file is not in a
>recognizable format".  I wonder if I have a corrupt
>default file.  I tried to replace book.xlt with a newly
>saved book.xlt, it didn't help.
>
>I'd appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks,
>Liz

0
anonymous (74722)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

Cell Format #4

retrieving folders.old file

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

conditional formatting in excel #3

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Repair Corrupt Excel File
I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Anyone have any ideas? I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice http://openoffice.org In article <CF4A5951-DCD9-4508-B995-FB7F6585BF78@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I > have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. > Anyone have any ideas? The Spreadsh...

How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ?
How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message news:C2919371-6A82-4478-A411-8FEB13F66B41@microsoft.com... > How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? > I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. try dragging it to the deleted folder. "c.d." <invalid@iglou.com> wrote in message news:es$OnIzzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message > news:C29193...