File in use Dialog box

When I open a file that is opened on the network by someone else it is not
giving me the correct name of who has the file open.  Where does the name it
is giving me come from?
0
Chip8913 (27)

I believe that it is the value in Tools>Options>General - User name. To make
any use of this you have to ensure people properly maintain it.

--

HTH

RP

"Chip" <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a file that is opened on the network by someone else it is not
> giving me the correct name of who has the file open.  Where does the name
it
> is giving me come from?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)