File in Exclusive Use

I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my
seemingly simple question.

How does a user take a file out of exclusive use?

We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file
in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again.

The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone
tell me how this is done?

Any help will be much appreciated.

You should be able to simply reshare the workbook.  Excel doesn't allow a
shared workbook if it has a table.  We don't use shared workbooks much, but I
do know sharing also limits/restricts other Excel actions that you can
normally do.

"SSi308" wrote:

> I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my
> seemingly simple question.
>
> How does a user take a file out of exclusive use?
>
> We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file
> in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again.
>
> The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone
> tell me how this is done?
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
With Excel 2007 go to:

Review/Share Workbook

"MimiS" wrote:

> You should be able to simply reshare the workbook.  Excel doesn't allow a
> shared workbook if it has a table.  We don't use shared workbooks much, but I
> do know sharing also limits/restricts other Excel actions that you can
> normally do.
>
> "SSi308" wrote:
>
> > I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my
> > seemingly simple question.
> >
> > How does a user take a file out of exclusive use?
> >
> > We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file
> > in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again.
> >
> > The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone
> > tell me how this is done?
> >
> > Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you for responding, however, after a file has been opened in exclusive
mode there is no way to reverse the action.

The only way we could re-share the workbook was to remove all protection,
then go to review, share workbook. Go through the motions of sharing and
saving. A notice will then pop up that the file is no longer shared. Then go
back in to share workbook and wait for the Save As prompt. Then save the file
using a unique file name.
Only then could we share the workbook.

It did not work to simply Save As, for some reason that kept the file in
exclusive mode.

Simply crazy! But finally figured it out.

Lori

"Iriemon" wrote:

> With Excel 2007 go to:
>
> Review/Share Workbook
>

> "MimiS" wrote:
>
> > You should be able to simply reshare the workbook.  Excel doesn't allow a
> > shared workbook if it has a table.  We don't use shared workbooks much, but I
> > do know sharing also limits/restricts other Excel actions that you can
> > normally do.
> >
> > "SSi308" wrote:
> >
> > > I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my
> > > seemingly simple question.
> > >
> > > How does a user take a file out of exclusive use?
> > >
> > > We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file
> > > in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again.
> > >
> > > The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone
> > > tell me how this is done?
> > >
> > > Any help will be much appreciated.

RNDIS .INF file signing process
I would like to know what is the best procedure to follow up, in order to sign our .INF file that uses the RNDIS Windows driver. The idea is to eliminate the prompt-message raised at installation time by Windows saying that the driver was not validated by Windows Logo Program.The .INF file points only to already installed .sys Windows files for RNDIS. Thank You! ...

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...

Change the space used for my x-axis labels
Can anybody help me? I have an column chart with words as labels. My problem is that I can't change the space used for the labels, that is some labels is in two or three lines and I would like to use more room for the labels and less room for the chart itself. But when I make the chart smaller then the labels just are dragged upwards - how do I prevent that?? ...

Lost File Share #3
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar (via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? One of the PC's is a laptop and is only connected to the network during the day (that is why I am/was sharing the calendar via email versus putting the calendar on the shared drive of the net...

using sumproduct with a substring condition?
I have a calculation I just made that looks like this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5:C50="persons name"),I5:I50) which works out the hours billed from column I and works fine. Column E has a description in it which sometimes has at the end of the description the words "do not bill." Is there any way to add this condition to the sumproduct - i.e. exclude from the sumproduct any value in column I that has the "do not bill" sub-text in column e? Thanks, Ben >exclude from the sumproduct any value >in column I that has the "do not bill" Try it ...

RFX_Text converts empty strings to NULL when using ODBC and MFC
When submitting updates to the database and the column has a Not NULL constraint I get an error from the ODBC driver. It appears that the field exchange mechanism is converting the empty strings to NULL. I have seen this topic posted before, however, the solution was never presented with the post. Thanks:-) ...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Restoring Backup pst files
I backed up my Outlook files and want to bring them back into Outlook. I attempted to import them from the backup location only to be informed that I don't have permission to do this. The whole point of backing them up was to restore them after a recent upgrade of my OS. Can anyone advise me how this can be done. I need to access the emails and contacts. Do not use the import feature. Simply copy back the pst-file from you backup location to a convenient place such as My Documents\Outlook. If this is from a read only location such a CD or DVD, make sure the "Read Onl...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

Using a formula in a Hyperlink Cell reference
I have a workbook with approx 60 worksheets in it. I have set up hyperlinks on the 1st sheet to take me directly to the worksheet I want to see. Is there any way of using a function in the Hyperlink cell reference, so the link will automatically position me at the right cell on the target sheet? I thought I could use the COUNTA function to determine the first non-blank cell, but the hyperlink doesn't seem to like it. Hi what HYPERLINK formula are you currently using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sslabbe" <sslabbe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb i...

saving an imported file as xl template
I have an excel template and i imported data from another application how do i save it to that template? I do this everyday. Thanks Dakota Are you looking for a macro suggestion? If yes, then try recording a macro when you do it once. Post back with some more details if you get stuck. dakota wrote: > > I have an excel template and i imported data from another > application how do i save it to that template? I do this > everyday. > > Thanks > Dakota -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

File Sharing
I have been trying to set up a folder to share on my home network. I go through the procedure and click done, but the folder does not show up as being shared. (I do not get the little icon on the folder). When I try to see it from the other computer it is not there. The printers are all there, and the windows preset folder are there. I disabled password and made sure that file and print sharing were enabled. The only computer I am having the problem with is the VISTA computer. The XP and Win7 work fine. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance Chris "Chris...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...

Use the critical pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--zhgnareqkgrzm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yuqjzsfeerdzue"; type="multipart/alternative" --yuqjzsfeerdzue Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locativavdwrafmhc" --locativavdwrafmhc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer fr...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

Excel Link to another Excel file and formulas
I have a formula that I want to "fill" down through my spreadsheet ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$5 When I fill the formula down it does not change the reference. e.g. ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$6 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$7 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$8 Everything remains as referencing $B$5 How can I get around this issue? Thanks, RICK The problem is that your use of an absolute reference is holding the cell reference constant. Try changing the $B$5 to: $B5 if you want to keep the column set as B as you...

Using an IF statement to display an image ...
Hi all, I am using the following IF statement to show the % increase in costs, only if it is 10% or higher than the running average. If not the cell stays blank. =IF(AND(J11>10%,J11<>""),J11,"") Now .... could anybody tell me how I could change the above formula (or write some code) so that instead of showing the % increase from cell J11, it will display a picture of an unhappy face? Sounds a bit daft but it does capture peoples attention! I have managed to get something similar using the wingdings font (JKL) but it's not that great. I already have an emoti...

How to send a Publisher file via e-mail
I would like to be able to send flyers (made with Publisher 2000) via e-mail to our clients but many recipients do not have publisher in order to open the attachment. does anyone have any suggestions? PDF is the way to do it. No other satisfactory method. -- Might be the simplistic answer but.... Convert then to PDF first. ther's no reader available for Publisher but Adobe Acrobat is free everywhere. -- Best Regards, Bill Frost. Liverpool. U.K. (Outgoing mail Virus checked by Norton AV 2002) "Cathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21...

OWA use HTTP and HTTPS
Hello, I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods. Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way. is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way? Thnx, Jos On 4 Oct 2006 23:45:24 -0700, "Josvds" <josvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to know if it`s possible to use both connection methods. >Maby some user cant use the secure way so there most be another way. > >is it possible to use asswel the unsecure way as the secure way? > >Thnx, >Jos There shouldn't be any reason a user ca...

Can't open Outlook for Web Access over the net using 2000 or XP but can with 98?? Any ideas
Hi there, Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 system can no-problem? Thx in advance. "David Sullivan" <dsullivan@bcl-international.com> wrote in message news:lGNLc.5216$Z14.6537@news.indigo.ie... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me why a 2000 or XP system cannot log on remotely to > Exchange's Outlook (2000 Server) for web access over https: when a 98 > system > can no-problem? > > Thx in advance. > > What version of IE is running ...

importing wab file
how do i import my address book which is a wab file into the contacts of microsoft outlook? ed Outlook cannot import WAB files. You would have to import a wab into OE on the same partition. Then you can import from OE into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03bb01c3dd9e$1cf8bb20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how do i import my address book which is a wab file into > the contacts of microsoft outlook? > > ed ...

Copying and pasting list information that is not fixed (using dynamic ranges)
I have a database with 43 fields (mainly text) in which users will be entering information via a data form. I would like to add another worksheet that provides a summary of all the records, except with less fields (only 17) and different formatting. I've encountered problems trying to copy this information to another worksheet mainly because I'm not sure how many rows will have to be copied over at any given time. I've found references on the web informing how to create dynamic ranges (for both test and numeric information), so I've named each of the 17 fields and used the...