File Association #2

I opened a file in .xls and accidently checked the "always use selected
program". Now I realize .xls is the worng program to use. I tried to right
click to "Open With" but I only have the "open" option.

HELP!

Depending on your operating system, holding the Shift key while
right-clicking should give you the Open With option.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"need helpful advice" <needhelpfuladvice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:23E5BCBE-41BF-44D3-9045-038194A55AA7@microsoft.com...
> I opened a file in .xls and accidently checked the "always use selected
> program". Now I realize .xls is the worng program to use. I tried to right
> click to "Open With" but I only have the "open" option.
>
> HELP!

0
ng1 (1444)
6/28/2005 6:17:56 PM
I tried that and still no luck.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

> Depending on your operating system, holding the Shift key while
> right-clicking should give you the Open With option.
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
>
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> www.MyExpertsOnline.com
>

> "need helpful advice" <needhelpfuladvice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:23E5BCBE-41BF-44D3-9045-038194A55AA7@microsoft.com...
> > I opened a file in .xls and accidently checked the "always use selected
> > program". Now I realize .xls is the worng program to use. I tried to right
> > click to "Open With" but I only have the "open" option.
> >
> > HELP!

Then you need to open Windows Explorer/My Computer and go to Tools--Folder
options. Go to the File Types tab, and edit it from there.
*******************

message news:AEB1F68D-945A-48F6-B298-61B545FC7C4E@microsoft.com...
> I tried that and still no luck.
>
> "Anne Troy" wrote:
>
> > Depending on your operating system, holding the Shift key while
> > right-clicking should give you the Open With option.
> > *******************
> > ~Anne Troy
> >
> > www.OfficeArticles.com
> > www.MyExpertsOnline.com
> >

> > "need helpful advice" <needhelpfuladvice@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in
> > message news:23E5BCBE-41BF-44D3-9045-038194A55AA7@microsoft.com...
> > > I opened a file in .xls and accidently checked the "always use
selected
> > > program". Now I realize .xls is the worng program to use. I tried to
right
> > > click to "Open With" but I only have the "open" option.
> > >
> > > HELP!

0
ng1 (1444)
6/28/2005 7:53:43 PM
Thanks so much. I was having problems cause it was sitting in a zipped folder.