F9 Button Macro

Is it possible to make a button which acts as an alternative for pressing F9
to create new random variables?

If yes, how do I go about it?

F9 recalculates.

You could add a button from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet.

Assign it this macro:

Option explicit
sub myRecalc()
  application.calculate
end sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

There are two buttons available.

Calculate Full.........calcs all sheets

Calculate Now.........same as F9  calcs sheet.

Drag to Toolbar.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:37:16 -0600, Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net>
wrote:

>F9 recalculates.
>
>You could add a button from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet.
>
>Assign it this macro:
>
>Option explicit
>sub myRecalc()
>  application.calculate
>end sub
>

>Andrew McLeod wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to make a button which acts as an alternative for pressing F9
>> to create new random variables?
>>
>> If yes, how do I go about it?

0
Gord

using sum button
I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into excel. Everything comes over fine, but when I try to sum the column using the sigma button, the result is just zero. Please help! I have a lot to sum. Thanks for your help. Adam sounds like the "numbers" are being pasted as text. That would probably be the case if trailing spaces are included in the copy. Regards Trevor "adam h" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7601c3baac$b7e2c820$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into > excel. Ever...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

macro for auto filter
I have a macro for a form button on a sheet. It runs an auto filter, and works fine until i protect the sheet. Then it will not work. Will auto filter not work on a protected sheet?... I have changed the security settings to allow auto filter in the protection tab. Bris, You need to protect the sheet via code and enable AutoFilter. The enable Autofilter will not stay when the workbook is closed and reopened so you'll have to insure that the code runs whenever the workbook opens. Here's some sample code (modify to suit): Sub Auto_Open() With Worksheets("Sheet1") ..Protect...

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Activate a macro within a folder
Hello, I have about 20 workbooks each containing a macro called "ClearBalances" within a folder called "Schedules" The macro from each workbook clears the quarter ending balances activated by a command button. What I want to do is to use the "ClearBalances" macro and clear out the balances without having to open the workbook individually. Is there a way to activate the "ClearBlances" command button by using a seprate Excel sheet and press a command button that will activate the "ClearBalance" macro.without having to open all the work...

PivotTable, Scenarios, Macro??
Friends, I have a complex spreadsheet that calculates a value. I want to use that sheet to calculate the results using a column of numbers as inputs to the sheet and putting the results adjacent to the input value so that I can then graph to array of input value vs. the output values. I am tired of doing this one value at a time. Thanks, Dave Think a one variable data table will do it .. A simple illustration? Suppose you have an output cell C1: =A1*2-5 where C1 will change, depending on inputs into A1 (A1 is a precedent to C1) Put a value in A1: 10 (say) On the same sheet, pu...

Command Button code
Good evening all I am after some simple code to apply to a CommandButton1_Click(), where when the button is clicked, today's date is inserted into the active cell. (Though I do require this date to then be fixed, and not change the following day) Any help most appreciated. Thank you Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 11/12/2003 Mathew here is one way Selection = Date -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I would like to expand and contract "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. However, I haven't figured out what method or code is needed in order to manipulate it. I would also like to be able to expand or contract features on the Shutter bar (Navigation Bar) like Forms, Queries, etc. Any ideas? ...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Using Macros to test GP changes
I was discussing ways to test GP with my supervisor recently, and it was suggested that it may be possible to record a macro inside of GP to test common tasks in GP, and then use those macros whenever a server change, customization change or GP version change is made to verify that everything is working. Has anyone done this before? If so, what were the pitfalls you came across? If this is a possibility, we would probably be building a set of testing macros to supliment our current testing model. Thanks! Hi Jason. This is very possible though it may be cumbersome sometimes especial...

Can't get rid of macros
I have written some simple macros in a worksheet. I have then deleated them, however when I open the file I get the standard security warning message about macros, asking whether I wish them enabled or disabled. Without changing the default security settings to disable this feature, how can I strip the file of the offending macro so that the warning does not come up? Robt You need to remove the module they were in, open the workbook in question, press Alt + F11. In the project pane to the left find your workbook, right click the module(s), select remove module and when prompted to export ...

Enter button
I'd like to apply a method (search) on pressing the enter key, on an embedded dialog. I've implemented the afx_msg void OnAccelReturn() method, and it works well in some context. In another context, nothing happens when the enter key is pressed. I've also tried to set the focus on the search-button and to declare the search-button as the default-button, but I didn't help to fix the problem. Maybe it has something to do, whether the outer-dialog is a modal one or not. If anyone could give me any hints, why the key doesn't work would be much appreciated. On May 2, 4:21...

start button disabled in xp
when i click on my start button nothing happens. this is since my last windows update. the problem is that i have no my computer icon on my desktop, so i can't get in to defrag my hard drive, and also since i can not get anything out of the start button, i now can not get into my control panel. PLEASE HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Returning Custom Exception Messages from Stored Procedure Calls http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/46774bc1-ce2f-4638-9305-97f4faa2821d/returning-custom-exceptio.aspx Em Segunda 18 Janeiro 2010 23:22, ann...

Run macro from shape when runnig macro in Excel 2007
Hi, I=B4m recording a macro that tries to run a macro from a shape, but it doesn=B4t work in Excel 2007. I don=B4t know if this is a problem of this version because I could do it in 2003. Thanks Make sure the macro you have assigned to the shape is a public sub in a standard module: Sub Picture1_Click() ' ' Picture1_Click Macro ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+e ' Range("G3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1" Range("G4").Select End Sub Sub dural() Call Picture1_Click End Sub -- Gary''s Student ...

Macro problem #4
Good Morning: A vendor sent a workbook with several spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet has hundreds of rows. I would like to change the all upper case he used to proper. I used the =proper function and it works well. Here is my problem. I tried to build a macro that whatever column I cliced on a new column would be inserted, the =proper function would run all the way down the column and then copy and paste the values over the column that has the upper case. Since it worked without the macro, I was surprised when the macro didn't work. I use Excel 2002 with XP. Thank you for any help. ...

How can I copy a macro into another workbook?
I have a workbook with macro already assigned, how can I copy this into another workbook? Basically you just open the module in which the macro resides and select the text from Sub macro() to End Sub. Copy it and paste into a module in your other workbook. But......nothing is rarely that simple<g> Is the macro workbook-specifice or worksheet-specific? Does it refer to named ranges in the original workbook? If you could post the code perhaps we could get a better idea of how to copy and edit if needed. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:46:18 -0700, jbeene <jbe...

Running a macro every five minutes
Hi I need help to combine the two macros below. Further down the line i will be hooking Excel up to a real time dat feed for financial data.I would need to run a macro at five minut intervals. However i can't run it exactly on the 5 minute interval eg:-18:55:00,19:00:00,19:05:00,becuse i need to run it maybe 20 second after the five minute intervals to allow the data to be posted in th data feeds database,eg:-18:55:20,19:00:20,19:05:20 The first macro below is for timing and the second macro AUTOINTRADA is the macro i need to run every five minutes. I'm not sure how to combine ...

How do I get the macro "stop recording" tool bar back?
While recording a macro in excel (11.63...), I clicked the X (close button) and now can not get the "stop recording" macro tool bar to show. I would like to use the tool bar for the reference button. Hi choose tools / macro / record new macro click OK now display the stop recording toolbar (view / toolbars / stop recording) now click on the little blue square box and everything should be fine again when you next go to record a real macro Cheers JulieD "RBD04" <RBD04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67DA2DFF-6EA7-41CD-88B6-636B5B7A0C76@microsoft....

Macro #3
I have an Excel sheet that needs to individualy copy something from the cell directly above to the cell directly below. I need this to happen 2,000 times. If I try and copy and paste the entire range at once it doesn't work. I have to copy and paste each cell one at a time. How can I write a macro that will copy from the cell above it and paste it in the cell below (2,000 times) Thanks, Don Ask your question in an Excel forum. This one is for questions about Outlook. "Don" wrote: > I have an Excel sheet that needs to individualy copy > something from the ce...

How do I get a macro to be non worksheet specific?
I can't figure out how to make a macro non worksheet specific like they were in previous versions of Excel. I want to have a macro that will sort the same range of cells of whatever sheet that I am in, rather than having the same macro for each sheet with a different name. In EXCEL 2007:- When you record your Macro for the first time you will get the Macro panel up (where you name it). In here there is a section called:- Store macro in: It is here that you can select one of the options to make the macro available outside of that Workbook only. Please hit yes ...

Header Sort Button Problem
Hi, I have a problem with a header control in WIN2000/9X When I put an image list to the header, it don't work well. Why only in WINXP/SERVER2003 it works? I use InsertColumn function with LVCOLUMN with IMAGE and FMT flag. Does anyone know this problem? MFC 7.0 VS2003. What I have to do? Thanx ...

junk mail buttons
it seems my junk mail buttons are missing "THIS IS JUNK" any ideas? outlook 2003 windows xp Meg <meg(removeme)@yahoo.com> wrote: > it seems my junk mail buttons are missing "THIS IS JUNK" > > any ideas? > > outlook 2003 > windows xp There is no such button in Outlook. There is (on Actions>Junk E-mail) an "Add Sender to Block Sender List", but that's not the same thing as marking a message as junk. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Meg, I beleive Outlook 2007 is the only version of Outlook that has a 'Junk'/'N...

Macro to match 2 column values in different sheets
Hi, I need a macro which compares the values in colA and colC of sheet 1 to column D and column E of sheet 2, if both the value match, then it copies the contents from sheet2 col F,G and H into sheet1 colC,D and F. I tried the code below but I got an error message saying:Subscript out of range Please advise if any modifications required in the following code: Thanks Sub CompareThis() For iRow = 1 to 1000 If Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 1).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells (iRow, 4).Value And _ Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = She...