extract certain data for reports page

hi i am trying to build a program for basic accounting based on an ol
dos program which i used to own 12 years ago!

i cant find it anymore so im trying to build this program in excel an
i have most of the work done but i need help sorting the basic data
all the framework is there for inputing the data around a cashboo
principle using item codes as keys for manipulating the data later on

trouble is i dont know how to do the manipulating to get the seperat
data out and sorted

email me at al.foster@gmx.co.uk and ill give you details if you
interested in helping me out

thanks heres a picture of the table page that i need to extract dat
from to another page

http://www.beaskitchen.co.uk/images/table.gif

the two columns (cat 1 and cat 2) store the codes that the user ha
initially entered into the setup screen, and they are repeated at th
top of the register page as a reminder to the user.

what i need is to make the list auto sort itself by date and if
needed to say extract the takings data to another worksheet i would us
the code TC (takings cash) to sort the data, similarly
to sort the data for andys cooked meats (ACM) i would use the code t
first check that it is a cash expenditure EC (expense cash) and the
search by supplier (ACM) for andys cooked meats or vice versa o
another supplier. i know its really complicated this but i woul
appreciate some help with this.

as my accounts are due shortly LOL

discma

                 Attachment filename: table.gif
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=51594

Frx Reports to be use on other client machines without installing
Hi, I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want to run these reports on other clients machine without installing the Frx. Can u please tell me the correct way. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Dexdev" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance > sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want t...

sorting data in columns
How can I sort multiple columns simultaneously? i.e. I have sixteen columns of numerical data that I want to be able to apply the same Sort to each column individually but I do not want to have to highlight each column separately as this will take considerably longer. Save your workbook first! Try sorting one column, then selecting the next and hit the F4 key. It shouldn't take too long if it works ok. Spiderman wrote: > > How can I sort multiple columns simultaneously? i.e. I have sixteen columns > of numerical data that I want to be able to apply the same Sort to each &...

What to do?
Hi Everybody? I have problem when I try to build offline data file from Pivot tabel which is connected to Cube on the Analysis Server. Excel return this message: No columns that microsoft excel can use were returned from this query! What to do? ...

Compare Data
Let's say I want to compare data thusly: I have two columns of numbers, G and N. Column G has more numbers than column N, and includes every number in column N. In each cell in column O is a string associated with the number in column N. I want to comare a number in column N with all the numbers in column G and when I find a match, copy the string in column O to the appropriate cell in column M. I want to repeat this process until all the strings in column O have been matched to their numbers in column G. Whew! So. How do I do this? Thanks, Tommy One way: M1: =VLOOKU...

Lifetime Planner Report
I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and printing. >-----Original Message----- >I printed the 20 pages of the Lifetime Planner and notice >that several of the graphs on the later pages show blank. > >Does anyone know how to view the Lifetime Planner report >before printing or save to a separate file for viewing and >printing. >. > I have the same problem --- did you ge...

reporting services report delivery
We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machine to a new one. After the migration our reporting services reports delivered via email no longer show the KPI graph images embedded in the reports. Only a red x is displayed. You cannont right click on the picture and get the picture to show. This happed at the same time we moved to the new serve so I am guessing I missed a setting during the move. Any suggestions where I may have missed something? CSL1973 <CSL1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We recently moved our 2K3 Exchange server from an older machin...

DATA DUMP WARNING #2
Maybe the ultimate lesson in this is backup backup backup. Do backups early and often. and use a large cycle - don't write a backup onto the immediately previous media! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11095315...

email page layout
Somehow the Windows Live Mail page layout changed on my laptop. Instead of the top portion of the page having the senders address and subject on the top and the message on the bottom, I now have the data in three columns: inbox, send, etc senders address and subject message How can I change the layout back to the original? View (ALT+V), Layout, Reading Pane -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "mcalbud" <mcalbud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2356B046-BE39-4222-A1B2-7C9F77F6FF83@microsoft.com... > Somehow the Windows Live Mail ...

Page icons in Publisher 2000 have disappeared.
My page number icons have disappeared. Now I have to click on "go to page __" to move from page to page. How do I get those icons back? View, Toolbars, Status bar... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "GabPub" <GabPub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED718A66-1F8C-4F59-93DA-71FC7B4CE2E8@microsoft.com... > My page number icons have disappeared. Now I have to click on "go to page __" > to move from page to page. How do I get those icons back? Select View, Tool Bars, Status Bar. That should bring back the page icons. -- Do...

help on composing an aging report for transactions
hello all, I am new to SSRS. I need some help on how to create an aging report in ssrs. This is what my report should look like: Month identify $ $closed $Recovered $Open 0-30day 31-60day Jan 2009 $$$ $$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ I am having trouble on the days column. My user want these fields to contains the total $$ amt that was recovered in 0 - 30days and 31 - 60 days. how to do that? Please help.... Sherry From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_0_0_0_0_0/sql-...

Report Writer and effective dated tables
Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. A SQL statement that can do this would be something like: SELECT MAX(effective_date) FROM myTable WHERE effective_date <= Now(); I can not figure out how to do this in Report Writer. Any suggestions? Anyone know if this is possible? "badabing" wrote: > Hi, I am new to using report writer. I am trying to write a report that will > just pull back the latest effecitve dated row by employee. > > A SQL statement that can do thi...

Getting data from Access to Excel?
How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like weekly reports) Troy, Data|Get External Data|New Database Query Select MS Access Database The Wizard should take you through the remaining steps of selecting the data you want to import and the criteria (if any) that you wish to use. PC "Troy" <corptkm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nLDXa.3726$Jk5.3138269@feed2.centurytel.net... > How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like > weekly reports) > > You can also push-it-out of Access to Excel by (While...

Pivot Table data source
I have created a pivot table in the same workbook as the data source but whenever I try to refresh the data I get a message saying "This command requires at least two rows of source data.............." On checking the data source some cells on only one row are selected. If I change the selection to what it should be everything works fine but the selection reverts back to the same row and cells the next time I open the workbook. How can I make Excel (2007) retain the data source selection? Hi Pete If you have given the correct range, then it should retain the values. Howe...

Sorting page numbers
Is there a simple way of sorting pages back into numeric order after building a large spread sheet so they appear in ascending order on the monitor. Without renumbering that is Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Your question is not clear to me, so here are three interpretations even if it is a stretch compared to even what you indicated. If you sorted the rows into a different order and want to restore them you can restore the order if you previous numbered your rows by placing a 1 on a new column (helper column) and used the fill-handle to place 2 into next cell, and 3 into next, etc. If you mean...

Email template insert data fields into subject line.
Hello, Is there a way to insert data fields into the subject line in email templates? I would like to add a case number so our customers can see it in the Subject line. Thanks, Steve ...

How to make a filter in a report?
I know this may be a odd question considering the number of posts on filters in reports... but I can't find anywhere a description on how to create a filter (input box) in the report in the first place. I have joined the source with a query that contains "total sales" for each customer and I want to filter the report so that only sales above x dollars are shown. I presume there's a way to make a textbox / select list that can be used to enter the value (sales) and operator (< >) to filter the output (report)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >...

Report Footer 02-11-10
I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the details section, on the last page of the report. Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the page (like the page footer is)? On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:06:01 -0800, RSteph wrote: > I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear > at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the > details section, on the last page of the...

Range of data is variable...
I am working on a year-end report for my clients that shows them information associated with their accounts. Most of the information on each client's reports relates to the current year and is easy to retreive from the tables that store all the clients' information. However, there is historical information for each client that is more difficult to report. I want to display a graph for each client showing the year-to-year change in "value" for them. But since each client has a different number of data points, it is proving hard for me to format the graphs properly. ...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

data labels disappear
Hello all, I'm using 2003, I have a scatter chart and whenever I check the box to show data labels, then save (to a share point workspace) then close & re-open, the data labels disappear? Thanks for your assistance! Vera ...

Conditional format based on data from another column
Hi Yesterday I asked about the possibility of conditional formatting a range of 20 random numbers into 2 different formats. Thank you for that, but now it seems that 3 of my 20 numbers are now requiring a different cell to be highlighted in yet another colour. Currently the situation is as follows:- Column G has a list of random numbers ranging from 1-20, with columns either side pertaining to the random number located in the relevant cell in Column G. It now appears that 3 numbers in this random list do not require highlighting in Column G and have amended the condition formattin...

The difference between putting textbox on page and subform
Hello, On the Access sample for Address database, I see on the form, tabcontrol, on page1 is directlly put textbox on page and on the other page the form is put. What is the difference of these 2 ways. What is the purpose Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Putting a textbox directly on the tab control, the text box can use the recordsource of the form the tab control is on and be bound to a field in that recordsource. To use a SECOND (or more) recordsource (i.e. different tables) you can use a subform to be able to do that. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ...

Rename Data file
I am using outlook 2003 and I have to data file for two email accounts, the problem is the two file have the same name( presonal folders). I want to rename them. Was there some reason for not simply creating subfolders for each email account and using rules to file appropriately? "hazzaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206da01c45933$9a83a760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using outlook 2003 and I have to data file for two > email accounts, the problem is the two file have the same > name( presonal folders). > > I want to rename them....

Unique data in column or row in Excel
I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is there a way to do this without an extra effort? Hi Ali, Try to use this formula in Data/Validation/Custom: =ISERROR(MATCH(A1,INDIRECT("A1:A"&CELL("row",A1)-1),0)) Regards, Stefi „Ali” ezt írta: > I have a problem with posibility of repeating data in column. Of course this > is normal behaviour of Excel, but I need to assure unique data in column. Is > there a way to do this without an extra effo...

Squishing Data Down.
I have recently received some coporate documents made in Excel format that have a very nice "1-2-3" tool bar on the left side of the screen at the top. Below each of them are a plus sign. When you click on the plus sign, more data appears in a designated row; and then a little minus sign appears when you want to close it, click it. Makes huge spreadsheets more manageable. I want to know how to make that little section appear for a spreadsheet I am working on. Thanks. Take a look at "About using outlines" in XL Help In article <BB09E5F0-6BF1-451F-B7FD-4D0501D...