Extract AutoFilter Column Values?

Hi all,
I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same
name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column
(exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column
has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique
road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Dwayne

--
dwayneh
dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211

Select the road names, do data>filter>advanced filter, copy to another
location and unique records only

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dwayneh" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same
> name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column
> (exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column
> has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique
> road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!!
>
> Regards,
>
> Dwayne
>

> --
> dwayneh
> dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376156

0
PeoSjoblom (789)
6/2/2005 11:17:01 PM
Thanks Peo, very simple answer but has helped so much!! :)

Dwayn

--
dwayne
dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2121
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37615

How do I get columns in Office XP?
My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot find any menu item on creating columns as we did in 2000. Insert a text box and right click on the box. Choose Format Text Box and then click on the Text Box tab. Set up the box to your needs. There is also a Columns button on the Standard tool bar. "annitaf" <annitaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4CA13B-31B1-4ADF-B7E4-0829D0D9E3EC@microsoft.com... > My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot > find > any menu item on creating columns as we di...

select value of a random cell
hi, i want to select the value of a random cell. my table looks like this: PHP code ------------------- . A B C D 1 england red dog porsche 2 spain blue cat BMW 3 usa green mouse mercedes 4 greece yellow horse VW 5 germany black donkey jagua ------------------- The function should choose a random value(cell) between B1:D5. and also a function that chooses a random v...

How do I set up a cumulative column, without entering it manually
I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it manually. Assume your data is in Column A. In B1, enter: =A1 In B2, enter: =B1+A2 Fill down as far as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D609313-68B1-4CD4-B96C-0370C7E25C3A@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it > manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it >...

How to extract all words in a cell except the last one?
I'm sure that has been solved before, but I cannot find or figure ou the right formula so far. I have a column of cells that have the first name, middle name(s) an last name in that order in one cell. I've seen formulas to extract the first or last word of a cell. I want to extract the first name and middle names, that is all word except the last word (or last name). Thank you for replying with the solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =LEFT(A1, FIND("^", SUBSTITUTE(A1,"_", "^", LEN(A1) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1, "_&qu...

Removing Picklist Values 10-11-07
I want to be able to "hide" picklist values without removing the value from those that already have that value. I have the following as the code: var oField = crmForm.all.new_leadsourcename; oField.DataValue oField.DataValue != 2; oField.DeleteOption(2); oField.DataValue != 3; oField.DeleteOption(3); oField.DataValue != 13; oField.DeleteOption(13); oField.DataValue != 1; oField.DeleteOption(1); oField.GetSelectedOption; This code works in that it hides the picklist value but it also removes it from those that currently have the value. What am I missing? Hi Wendy, Plzz tr...

checking celll in column
Hi I need help I want to look for a cell in column if we find the cell in the column � the value of the cell� write 1 if not write 0 For example � I have A1 cell which have inside number I want to check if that number in the rang of C1;C100 if true 1 false 0 I do it like that =IF(C3=sheet1!C3:C16;1;0) but it doesn�t work cuz it check in all the column not cell by cell in the column Thnx -- withblue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ withblue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23767 View this thread: http:...

how can I find two same rows in a column?
I've got a file where I put all my invoices numbers. It's a long file, so how can I know if a put the same invoice number twice??? Thanks a lot!!! Hi see: http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates "Anevigat" wrote: > I've got a file where I put all my invoices numbers. It's a long file, so how > can I know if a put the same invoice number twice??? > Thanks a lot!!! ...

Troubles retrieve activity columns.
Hi, I am trying retrieve activities, using CRMQuery or CRMActivitiy, selecting the activityid, subject, scheduledstart and scheduledend columns but these two last fields aren't retrieved. Can somebody help me? Why I can't retrieve this fields? Thank your for pay attention. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo Now I know who the trouble is not the result. The retrieve method is work fine. The problem is load this into a dataset and after display all in a datagrid. []�s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Microsoft" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> escreveu na mensagem news:%2...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel?
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! smistretta, You don't really give enough information for, (me to give), a real answer but if the "Projects" column is column G...

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

How do I extract the decimal places from a number in excel?
I need to produce a spreadsheet that rights the example: 1,245.89 as one two four five 89. I've tried the left and right formulaes and the len one but the numbers will change in length and may have zero decimals at the end too. Not sure how to set this up now. Need the numbers in seperate cells, currently have the following formula for the second number and so forth: RIGHT(LEFT(B3,2),1) Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Hi, Do the two formula do what you want =INT(B3) =MOD(B3,1) Mike "Marli" wrote: > I need to produce a spreadsh...

How to convert column order?
Hi, Is there any way to convert the column order? For example: ColumnA;ColumnB;ColumnC;ColumnD;.... How to have like the inverse order: .....;ColumnD;ColumnC;ColumnB;ColumnA Nota: If there's any formula, it should be keeped Thank you very much in advance A bit more explanation might help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "mobimus" <musat45@gmail.com@enlever> wrote in message news:mn.53187d5c55529142.43543@enlever... > Hi, > > Is there any way to convert the column order? > > For example: > > ColumnA;ColumnB;ColumnC...

How to trim XML's attribute values?
I have a program which generate a xml file from dataset using DataSet.WriteXML function. The result is as follow: <DataSet xmlns="http://tempuri.org/DataSet1.xsd"> <TB TB_NO="NN01001" DESCRIPTION="NN " DATE="1/16/2007 12:00:00 AM" Name=" " E_MAIL="test@test.com"> <TD TD_NO="NN1-1 " LINE_NAME="FREE TRADE ZONE " ADD1=" " TRSS="3" TYPEDESC=" " > <DESCRIPTION ...

Excel 2000: How do I make a simple chart with *two* value axes?
I am struggling to do something very basic in Excel 2000. I'm starting to think it is impossible, which is hard to imagine. So, can someone help? In a nutshell, the problem is that Excel seems to specify only one "value" axis, with the other being a "category" axis. Whereas I want two value axes. Is there a way to do that? If you didn't understand that... Let's say I have three lines I want to plot: Line #1: (1, 10), (10, 20), (50, 30) Line #2: (1, 15), (10, 25), (50, 35) Line #3: (1, 17), (10, 27), (50, 37) So each line has x values 1, 10, and 50. The...

Change Range In COUNTIF Formula Based On Value In A Cell
Hopefully I can make this clear. I have a formula in which I have to change the range in which I am performing a COUNTIF. Here's the formula. =(COUNTIF($J8:$J28,"A"))+(COUNTIF($J8:$J28,"C")) Essentially what I am doing is copying this formula down the worksheet. What it is doing is looking at the next 21 line items and counting how many are equal to A or C. That part works fine and I've got everything going great. Problem is, I want to dynamically change the number of line items I perform the lookup on. Essentially I want to have cell A1 contain a value that...

Sum of values for a month
Simple query that's probably been asked a million times before so it might be easier just to point me in the direction of a website that deals with Excel functions for dimwits. But my query is this.... I have a simple spreadsheet with the following columns : Date (A), Description (B), Income (C), Expense (D), Balance (E). I want a summary of it all at the bottom of the sheet so that for a row entry of "April 2008" it will look to see all the income entries in April 2008 and total them up. Similarly in the next column on the same row there should be a total for expenses fo...

renaming x axis values on graphs
How do I rename the x values on a graph instead of having it simply correspond to the row numbers? I tried clicking on the x axis properties and I see some options but I can seem to manually enter what I want to appear. I have 17,000 cells of data and it simply has 0 - 17,000 in 2,000 increments. I would prefer to have it listed in months or at least 1 - 12 but I can't seem to be able too. ...

extracting unique dependent on three lists
Hello, I was wondering how to extract changes that have been made from previous set of data to a new set of data. Col A Col B Col C Col D Acct # Name Acct # Name 1 hello 0 wow 2 yes 2 yes 1 hello So my question is, I want to first check to see if the Account # in exists in C. If it does exist, then I want to check if th corresponding info next to the account #'s are the same. If they ar not the same, then pull out the account #. The second list is mos likely always going to be longer because new accounts...

How can I use the format function to change the stored value of a cell in excel?
How can I use the format function to change the stored value of a cel in excel? For example, In a colum I have data that is displayed like this: 19:59 12/31/69 But the actual stored data when you go to edit the cell is like this: 12/31/1969 7:59:00 PM I want the stored data to be like the displayed value so I can sort th column by the time and not the day. By the way, I do not know how to do macros or use VB.: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can search by date and time. No problem with this display. what are you exactly looking for -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

how to delete specific values in cells
Hi, I have a problem with excel 2007. I want to delete some columns which include some words (like as @xxx.com.au). How to delete those colums with macro? Pls let me know. Thanks. Consider: Sub col_killer() Dim r As Range, cel As Range Dim s As String s = "@xxx.com.au" Set r = Nothing For Each cel In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If cel.Value = s Then If r Is Nothing Then Set r = cel Else Set r = Union(r, cel) End If End If Next If r Is Nothing Then Else r.EntireColumn.Delete End If End Sub -- Gary's Student - gsnu2007k &...

Excel 2003 unites csv file row contents in a column A with squares
Hello! I exported a Windows Address book to a csv file in Windows Vista. Excel 2007 opens the file correctly, but Excel 2003 unites row contents in a column A with squares betweel fields. How to open the csv file in Excel 2003 correctly? Regards, Dmitry Use Data/ Import External Data/ Import Data, specify as delimited, then set the delimiter to whatever the delimiting character in your csv file is. -- David Biddulph "Dima" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC458D7A-F5B7-4402-A8BD-D89A147710E8@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I exported a Windows Addr...

xsl:value-of select doesn't like "($variable)" expressions; bug?
(.Net framework version 1.1.4322) The following XSL test case is rejected by System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform, with an XsltException: "($dummy)+0 is an invalid XPath expression." If you remove the parentheses then it is happy. This appears to be an error; see http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-Expr. The path through the grammar is quite long; if you start with the Expr rule, it (eventually) leads back to PrimaryExpr, which indicates that ($variable) is allowed. http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-Expr http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-OrExpr http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-AndExpr http://www.w3.org/TR/x...

Check Name Dialogue
Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. Specifically to place the E-mail Type field first (in order to check whether the address is an e-mail or fax #). That interface is not configurable. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KEllis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c301c3b5be$ef885990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the > column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. > Specifically to place the E-mail Typ...

Help looking stuff up in columns
I have a worksheet that I'd like it to be able to look at one column for a specific thing, look in another column for a different specific thing and then give me a sum of that pair in a seperate cell. I cannot figure out what the formula is. Apples 2001-1 Oranges 2001-2 Lemons 2001-3 Peaches 2001-4 Apples 2001-1 Apples 2001-2 There are 2 Apples with 2001-1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Lisa you can use the following formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="Apples")*(B1:B6="2001-1")) or =SUMPRO...

Copying Data Down the Column But Only Based on What's in Column A
Hello: I have four columns in an Excel spreadsheet. Column A ("Item Number") is a list of inventory items. Column B ("Location Code") is to contain the phrase "CH" in each cell of column B. Column C ("Order Point Qty") contains quantities in each cell of column C. Column D ("Number of Days") contains the number "10" in each cell of column D. At the end of this posting is VBA code for a macro in Excel's Visual Basic Editor that I am using to essentially create this spreadsheet. I am having trouble with the fo...