Exporting to Excel

My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
16,000.  How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?
0
ChrisE1 (3)

Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current
updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be
able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are
available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used.

You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to
Excel as a workaround.

Keep checking back, as there may be other ways involving VBA that will
bypass the limit.

Good Luck |:>)

"Chris E." wrote:

> My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
> versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
> 16,000.  How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?
0
CyberTaz (411)
3/7/2005 5:19:04 PM
Are you selecting the right Excel format when you export? When I export data
from Access 2002, if I choose Excel 97-2002 format, I get more than 16,000
rows. If I choose any of the other Excel formats, including 5-7, I get only
16384.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:17:02 -0800, "Chris E."
<ChrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
>versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
>16,000.  How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

0
anonymous (74722)
3/7/2005 7:37:18 PM
I am exporting via VBA so maybe there's a registry setting that sets a
default when exporting this way?  When I do a manual export it works ok but
when I run the code it errors out.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

> Are you selecting the right Excel format when you export? When I export data
> from Access 2002, if I choose Excel 97-2002 format, I get more than 16,000
> rows. If I choose any of the other Excel formats, including 5-7, I get only
> 16384.
>
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:17:02 -0800, "Chris E."
> <ChrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier
> >versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
> >16,000.  How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

0
ChrisE1 (3)
3/7/2005 7:49:06 PM
What code are you using for the export? If it's the TransferSpreadSheet
method, it has an argument that allows you to specify the Excel version. If
that's not the way you are doing it, perhaps you should use this method.

From Access Help:
The TransferSpreadsheet method carries out the TransferSpreadsheet action in
Visual Basic.

expression.TransferSpreadsheet(TransferType, SpreadsheetType, TableName,
FileName, HasFieldNames, Range, UseOA)

expression   Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the
Applies To list.

TransferType  Optional AcDataTransferType.

      AcDataTransferType can be one of these AcDataTransferType constants.
      acExport
      acImport default
      acLink
      If you leave this argument blank, the default constant (acImport) is
assumed.

SpreadsheetType  Optional AcSpreadSheetType.

      AcSpreadSheetType can be one of these AcSpreadSheetType constants.
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel3
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel4
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel5
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel7
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel8 default
      acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9 default
      acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWJ2 - Japanese version only
      acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK1
      acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK3
      acSpreadsheetTypeLotusWK4

"Chris E." <ChrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am exporting via VBA so maybe there's a registry setting that sets a
> default when exporting this way?  When I do a manual export it works ok
> but
> when I run the code it errors out.
>
> "Myrna Larson" wrote:
>
>> Are you selecting the right Excel format when you export? When I export
>> data
>> from Access 2002, if I choose Excel 97-2002 format, I get more than
>> 16,000
>> rows. If I choose any of the other Excel formats, including 5-7, I get
>> only
>> 16384.
>>
>> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:17:02 -0800, "Chris E."
>> <ChrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with
>> >earlier
>> >versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to
>> >16,000.  How do I fix it so that I can export more rows?

0
myrnailarson (145)

How do I get menus back when I right click on an Excel Spreadshee.
I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and functional??? Try Application.commandbars("cell").enabled=true in the immediate window -- HTH RP "David G" <David G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74ED0D6B-958E-40E5-ACDC-2F46B98BC1FC@microsoft.com... > I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get > the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and > functional??? hi Right clic...

Help on how to use Offset in Excel
Can anyone explain how OFFSET works in Excel? I'm trying to find out how to use this in order to create a sports league table for my school coursework. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. -- petros89 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petros89's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474047 Excel's Help is generally quite informative about what functions will do. What are you not finding clear about Help for OFFSET ? Jerry ...

Excel 97, strange rounding
I am using state of the art excel 97 at work. When I type in a number "4" it comes up as .04, when I put in "400" I get 4. First thing I thought was precentage, ok so I changed it to number format with 2 decimal places and that resolved nothing. Nothing I do to the cells changes this. Ideas? Someone has set your Excel up for quick money entry - you can type 12345 to get 123.45 (one whole keystroke saved) To undo this: Tools | Options | open the Edit tab | uncheck the Fixed Decimal Places box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/blie...

Where is Excel.h? #2
I am having a problem finding Excel.h. I understand the file is created when you follow the instructions in the knowledgebase article. I am running Visual Studio 2008. Mot MFC 6.0 So, I cannot generate the files. Do I need to install C++6.0, just to get the files Excel.h and Excel.cpp? Any advice/ suggestions would be appreciated. I see the same question was asked a couple of years ago, and I see that the individual found a solution, but he does not actually say that the solution was to generate the files under C++ 6.0. Thank you. Which knowledgebase article? AliR. "Cameron_C&qu...

Using variables in Excel 2000
Yeh, yeh, I know for some of you guys this is prbably a very simple task. This is what I am wanting to do Assign a list of variables(in this case they are a two letter designator) at the top left of the worksheet and the cell to the right of the cell input the value for the variable In a different row and colum use any of these varaibles and be able to change the values at the top list. I also need to be able to just insert a new variable in "different row and colum" and have it use this new variable Sincerely yours Le Les The name you type in the first column will only be for...

How to import an excel document (form) into publisher
I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Which versions of the software? What steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC5D466-CE90-4657-BDFD-577984D46723@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every > time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Have you tried: 1. Copy > Paste from Excel to Publisher...

Excel Crashes when trying to open a User Form
When I open the workbook and click on the worksheet to open the user form excels stops working. I get Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working and is trying find a solution, but it never does. I have saved it in both 2007 & 2003 versions and both get the same problem. What is odd is if you open the Userform Workbook, then open the VBA code window, both userform versions run fine, but if you do not open the Code window Excel locks up everytime. Here is the code. Sheet 2 Code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

Bug ??
Hi In Excel 2007, I am highlighting two columns of data (%) and creating a new Conditional Formatting Rule. I create a traffic light format with green > 80%, amber between 75 and 80 percent and the rest as red. HOWEVER I then get inconsistent formatting - ie it seems to be ignoring the 80% cutoff. Of the data, I get green for 89,90,98 - anything >= 88%, amber for 86,87, then red for anything else. If I go into Manage Rules, Edit Rule - the thresholds are correct. Can anyone help me here? This is driving me mad. George Hi George Try using 0.8 rather than 80% as your...

How do I put a picture in excel with out using insert?
I'm trying to install a photo in an excel spread sheet, but I do not want it showing all of the time. I would like to have it in a cell, which when the cell is highlighted it appears, or some thing to that effect. Maybe this is an idea: http://www.geocities.com/smplprgrsrc/files/AutoPicture.zip "RFCahoon" <RFCahoon@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:65776443-0B28-4F6C-B0CE-899DEA1D478A@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to install a photo in an excel spread sheet, but I do not want > it > showing all of the time. I would like to have it in a...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Exporting Access into Excel workbook
Is there a way to export an access report into excel workbook where data is broken out onto multiple spreadsheets? Please help. Thank you!! In the absence of another reply ..... I think not. In my opinion you would be better off exporting sets of data from th *original Access table* to Excel - or using Data/Get External Data i Excel. I am currently experimenting with a similar job where it is necessar to have an Access table containing worksheet names linked to the mai table to enable this. I am setting up an Excel macro to import t worksheets. It may be quicker to use an Access Make T...

Keep count of rows in Excel
I am trying to print row count on my output regardless of the size of the worksheet or the number of rows. Any ideas? Experiment with this; it may offer a solution. You can go into the print setup and have it print the value of this cell in the header or footer or whatever. =COUNTA(A5:A8) Counts the number of nonblank cells in the last 4 rows of the list (4) >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to print row count on my output regardless of >the size of the worksheet or the number of rows. Any >ideas? >. > ...

excel 2002
Hi folks, Have a bit of a problem. My company has a daily report using excel where we copy/paste info from an external source into it. when we were using 97, the growth of the file was fine(would go from a 1meg file to a 1.5meg file most times), but now that we're using the 2002 version, the files sizes are getting pretty silly(again from a 1meg file up to a 3-3.5 meg file.) After some testing, it is because of the four worksheets we paste into. We paste into it, run a macro to move that info into the places we want it, then clear the page....yet those pages are retaining the inf...

Advanced filter poor performance in Excel 2003
I have an advanced filter executed in VBA that worked great until upgrading to Excel 2003. When I put in criteria the first time, the filtering works fine, but when the criteria row is blanked out so that all rows are unhidden, it takes forever for that to happen. I suspect that every formula on the sheet is being recalculated. Is there a technical explanation for why this problem happens now? Is there a way to work around this without setting the sheet calculation option to manual? I've seen slow downs when filtering, but usually showing all the rows is quicker--well at...

Calculating age from two date fields-Excel 2003
I'm not sure what section this question should go in. I need to find if a person was 40 years of age or older (= or >) at his Date of Hire. I have two columns, Birth Date and Date of Hire. How would I write a formula to give me this answer? Thanks in advance Try this: A1 = DOB B1 = DOH =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")>=40 That will return either TRUE or FALSE -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Veteran of the Software Cycles" <VeteranoftheSoftwareCycles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B155B5-68F0-49EB-910C-549B84737765@microsoft.com... > I...

Why do cells in Excel print shorter than displayed on-screen?
When I type a lot of data in a given cell (textwrapping is on), the entire contents of the cell display correctly. But when I print the worksheet, the cell height appears shorter -- truncating my text. What's up with that? And how do I fix it without adjusting every cell manually (which screws up my display)? ...

Export Documents for International Shipping
I am looking for a solution that will automatically print the nexecssary documents to distribute out of the country. This includes the Certificate of Origin and the Commerical Invoice. There are NAFTA documents required for shipping out of the country and I need an easy, automatic way from GP. chayden, You can use writing letters templates to do this job, its an easy task. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "chayden"...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

excel minimized?
I am trying to find an answer to an issue with one of my teachers and I have no idea how to help. When she gets an excel attachment in email (AOL) sometimes it opens maximized and other times it minimizes to the task bar. XP OS. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance. -- Thanks,, Kim Hello When a file is saved in Excel on one computer, information on the size of the window and cell location is saved with it also. When the file is reopend it will return to the window size it was last saved under. My guess is that when a file is sent to another computer, there could be different s...

Exporting One File to Two Others
Here's the situation - hopefully someone can answer my question or come up with a better idea. My daughter owns a used book store and has and inventory of over 10,000 books. My thoughts were to have three different files for serch purposes. ie Title, Auther, Subjuct Matter and add a Referance Number to each book. This way if a customer askes for a book, the serch would be easy. The problem lies in the sales. When a customer purchases a book, she would write down the Referance Number on a sheet of paper then at the end of the day, enter all the days Reference Number into the fi...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

how do i transfer existing excel macros to a new computer?
I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Likely, they are stored in your personal.xls file. You can search for it and copy it to the new PC. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "rwr2333" <rwr2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F95693C-8048-4B1A-9115-8733F0ECE9C4@microsoft.com... > I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't > know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Macros live in wor...

HOW DO i ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOL (NOT NAMES) IN EXCEL
HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Please don't type in ALL CAPS. It is considered to be "shouting" and rude. Example??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GERRIREN" <GERRIREN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D108A6-2909-49C9-9F92-E110FC900A6B@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Select all of the cells involved in all columns and rows, then use Data Sort and it will lead you through the process. "GERRIREN" wrote: > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHO...