Export (or save as) .csv with text delimiters

Has anyone found a way of coercing Excel 2000 to export .csv files with
delimiter text?   e.g: as "Mickey Mouse","Minnie Mouse","Donald Duck"
not  Mickey Mouse,Minnie Mouse,Donald Duck

Thanks

Caroline

--
CarolineP
CarolineP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20007

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"CarolineP" <CarolineP.1kk29z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone found a way of coercing Excel 2000 to export .csv files with
> delimiter text?   e.g: as "Mickey Mouse","Minnie Mouse","Donald Duck"
> not  Mickey Mouse,Minnie Mouse,Donald Duck
>
> Thanks
>
> Caroline
>

> --
> CarolineP
> CarolineP's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20007
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345941

0
terre081 (3244)
2/16/2005 4:57:08 PM
And another alternative:

I think that Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly:  http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

has options built into that do what you want (right out of the box).

CarolineP wrote:

> Has anyone found a way of coercing Excel 2000 to export .csv files with
> delimiter text?   e.g: as "Mickey Mouse","Minnie Mouse","Donald Duck"
> not  Mickey Mouse,Minnie Mouse,Donald Duck
>
> Thanks
>
> Caroline
>
> --
> CarolineP
> CarolineP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20007
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345941

--

Dave Peterson
0

Is there a way to export sales data nightly out of MS Point-Of-Sal
Is there a way to export sales data, nightly, out of MS Point-Of-Sale? Possibly into an excel document or so? -- Greg D. GregD wrote: > Is there a way to export sales data, nightly, out of MS Point-Of-Sale? > Possibly into an excel document or so? yes, with a dts via sql server, or with reporting services, or custom tools.. cod ...

Can I save all of my drivers on a CD?
Is there a way to list all of the drivers that are installed on my XP Pro laptop? And gather them up and save them on a CD? And selectively install some of them on another laptop? How? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote in message news:ejoYIAJlKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > Is there a way to list all of the drivers that are installed on my XP Pro > laptop? And gather them up and save them on a CD? And selectively > install > some of them on another laptop? How? TIA, Paul > Go to your notebook manufactur...

Save a picture as a separate file
I have a workbook containing a picture. How can I save that individual picture as a bitmap or jpeg or other image file as I want to use it elsewhere as a background for an Access from? Many thanks......Jason Copy the picture. Open up your favourite graphics program(MSPaint?) and paste then save as. Or did you mean do all through code? Turn on the macro recorder if that's the case. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:00:45 +0100, Jay <spam@dummyaddress.spam.com> wrote: >I have a workbook containing a picture. How can I save that individual >picture as ...

When saving add automatically contents of a specified cell in document properties
Hello, Looking for help on the following: When I save my worksheet, I would like the contents of a specified cel to be copied in the document properties. More specifically in the fiel 'key words' in the properties. I tried to create a macro but it does not record to copy text from cell in the field 'key words' in the document properties. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Nadi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Please post in one group See answer in Misc -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Nadia >" <<Nadia.15...

How to delete text when it only appears in print review Publisher
I have a hidden x that can't be seen to delete it in publisher. It is visable in print review and prints out on paper How to find and remove it Maybe it is on the background. In Publisher 2000 and below, view, background, newer Publisher, view Master page. Do you have the picture detail selected? View, pictures, detailed display. Try selecting sections of the publication, it might become active. Is it a crop mark? If all fails, send the file to me, I'd like to see what is going on... Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

quoting selected text in e-mail reply
I have Outlook for Office XP, and I would like to be able to reply to e-mails by quoting selected areas of text from the original message. I can "quote" the entire message and delete certain parts, but I have not been able to select a certain part of the text and reply with just that part quoted. Thanks ...

To field is blank when a message is sent and saved to sent items
I have a user who recently was upgraded to Outlook 2003 for Outlook 2002. He has a third party app that sends out legal documents. What it does is compose the email and put the attachments in it and puts the messages in his draft folder. He reviews them and sends them out. Since going to Outlook 2003 the emails are in his Sent Items but the TO field is blank. When they were in his draft folder the TO field had the email address in it. if you bring up the email and click on resend it shows the email address in the TO field. My question is what would cause the email address to be hidden or disa...

How to Synchronize Combo Box with Text Box After Going to Next Rec
I have a combo box called [Title Pick] that I use to display catalog titles to get to the record for that title. I also have a text box, called Title, that shows the title I just selected in the combo box. In addition, I have several navigation buttons used to go to the next record, previous record, etc. After I navigate to a different record using one of these buttons, the text box, Title, has the correct value -- but the Combo Box, [Title Pick], still shows the value from the last time that combo box was used. How do I now get the combo box to show the correct title for that reco...

Function In A Text Box
Hi, I am trying to put a concatenate function in a text box. The error message is as follows: The text you have entered is not a valid reference or defined name. I want to concatenate some text with a number from the cell, A2. Any ideas would greatly appreciated. Regards Tubbsy -- tubbsy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tubbsy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24743 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388332 Its not a perfect solution but you could perform the concat...

unable to access exported address book
I have Windows XP. My address book has been emptied of all emails and I can't access the file containing all of my address book contacts. Please help!!!!! I have two identities in Outlook Express that each have different contacts in the address book. I wanted to export my address book from one identity to the other. I clicked File>Export>Choose program to export to...I chose Text file (Comma Separated Value)>Save exported file as .csv type. I saved it. I switched identities. Went to File>import>other address book>When I got to this part there was a pr...

Excel 2002 save problem
My server is windows 2003 and client PCs OS is windows XP. We have done this migration recently. The user have office XP. After the migration when ever users creates a file in excel it changes its name to a number. It does not keep the given name. The extension of file instead of .xle becomes .file. Any suggestion what is causing this and how it can be avoided will be appreciated. Mintoo, File extension for Excel files is .xls (perhaps, that might be a typo) Any virus? Did you scan all your files with a good AV program with latest definitions? Regards, Murthy "mintoo" <ano...

CSV & open by excel
My CSV file has data like: "Text";"10711";"REZ";"11";"0";"46";"107466";"24,05";"4600";"1750" "Text";"10711";"REZ";"11";"0";"46";"107466";"24.05";"4600";"1750" When double clicked the file is opened with excel like (one column is handled as if there is DATA value): Text 10711 REZ 11 0 46 107466 24.MAY 4600 1750 Text 10711 REZ 11 0 46 107466 24.MAY...

exporting list
Hallo, I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. I would like to know the way to export a list of all e-mail adresses from mij exchange 5.5 server. somebody told me that there was a way to make a report using crystal reports but i have been trying this also without succes. if anybody kan helpme whith this please let me know. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278154&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414&Product=ech Martin Salazar wrote: > Hallo, > I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. > I ...

Can we Save a Picture if we have IPicture Interface as demostrated by LoadPic.exe provided by Microsoft
Hey Friends Can we Save a Picture if we have IPicture Interface as demostrated by LoadPic.exe provided by Microsoft.I have seen the documentation which says that "The picture object also supports IPersistStream so it can save and load itself from an instance of IStream". I wish to save the image data. Can someone provide sample code...Plz ...

Outlook (and Word) Spell check original text in reply
I have a couple of my users where Word spell checks original text i reply even though it is marked in tools as Do not Spell Check Origina Text in Reply. If I turn Word off as the editor, then it works fine. This does not occur on all of my machines, only on two... I use Word 2 and Outlook 2K. Any ideas why this is happening? I appreciate the help -- rcstechnologyPosted via http://www.officehelp.in - &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.officehelp.in&quot;&gt;Microsoft Office Software&lt;/a&gt it's because they have a prefix character set. http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

text in downward arc?
Hi there, using publisher i want to create text in a downward arc. i have tried to use the upward arc in the word art section and invert that but the text flips. i want to be able to read it from left to right. No matter how i try the text will not read from left to right? what am i doing wrong? Word art will do that. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ian cobbledick" <ian cobbledick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D9450C-7416-453...

exporting outlook address book to csv file
Outlook Address Book Help states:" To export your Address Book contacts to other programs You can export your Address Book contacts to other Windows Address Book (.wab) files, as well as to Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book, or any text (.csv) file. To export your Address Book files to another Windows Address Book: In Address Book, on the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book (WAB). Locate and select the Windows Address Book file you want to export to, and then click Open. For all other address book formats: In the Address Book, on the File menu, point to ...

Cannot save in publisher
I have copied some publisher files from a network to a local drive. When i open these files and click save I get the following message The disk you are trying to save to is write-protected. make the disk read/write or use a different disk. I've looked at both the folder and the file. Neither are read only In security Everyone has full control All domain users are administrators on the PC Excel and word document in the same folder which were copied in the same way do not give any problems. If i change the filename it saves to the destination folder without issue. What is the problem with...

search for text then return text
i need a fomula that will search down a specified cells in a column... look at the words in each cell and then display the text i want. for instance... I have a column with words in it and i want it to search through each cell/word for the letter "P"... then i want it to display a "P". if there are one or many instances where a "P" is in that column I want to only display "P". Maybe something like this... =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("P",A1:A20)))),"P","") In this formula case is not a factor. P an...

How do I shut off making a backup copy of a file when I save in E.
We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. Every time someone saves the file, Excel creates a backup copy of the file in the folder. How do I shut that feature off? options button on the save screen Choose File>Save As At the top right of the Save dialog box, click the Tools button Select General Options Remove the check mark from 'Always create backup' Click OK, click Save Click Yes, to replace the existing file. kboley2004 wrote: > We have a shared worksheet that many people access and make changes to. > Every time someone saves the file...

How do I create a bulk mailing text box in Publisher?
-- Thomas -- Mike Thomas wrote: ...

Exporting Mailbox Attributes to a csv file
My company has Exchange 5.5 Build 2653.23 SP4 running in a 2000 environment. Is there a way to export selected attributes of a user's mailbox to a csv file. I know you can do a directory export, but that export doesn't list the attributes. For example, the attributes I may want to gather are distribution lists, limits, or e-mail addresses. For a group of mailboxes, I may want to find out who has limits on their mailbox size and who doesn't. In order to avoid clicking on the properties of each mailbox, is there a more efficient method to extract attribute info on indi...

Button text #3
I know I can change the text on a button with the following: GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON1)->SetWindowText("Enable"); What I would like to know, is it possible to get the text from a button? In other words if by clicking a button I change the text on the button to "Disable" but when clicked again it says "Enable". Can I check to see which it currently is? Thanks GetWindowText(...) but instead I would keep track of that with a boolean variable. m_Button1.SetWindowText(m_ShouldSayEnabled ? "Enable" : "Disable"); AliR. "Ed" <e...

Meeting requests appearing as text
Hi All, I've googled this problem a lot and not found anything useful. We have a client workstation running XP and Outlook 2003 that finds when they send meeting requests it just comes through as text, not a normal meeting request where you can click accept decline etc. I have sent test messages from his machine to myself (external) and I am also running XP with Outlook 2003. I have found a workaround - when setting up the meeting, go to actions -> forward as ical. But the user shouldnt have to do this should they. Any suggestions? Cheers Chris Hi have a look on this site: F...

Difference between .text and .value property
Hi recently I was trying to create a userform where I was giving the valu of text box to a cell. The textbox value was more that 255 chars and used following method. range("A25").value = txtUpdate.value which then I tested I got a result as #Value error in the cell... I changed the code to range("A25").value = txtUpdate.text and it worked.... can somebody tell me the difference between the above 2.. Thanx in advance Keda -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...