expand number of rows from limit of 65,536?

I need to bring in data that exceeds the limit of 65,536 rows.  Does anyone
know how to expand this limitation?
0
Niner (13)

You can't, that is the limit. You could either use multiple worksheets, or
another product.

--

HTH

RP

"Niner" <Niner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to bring in data that exceeds the limit of 65,536 rows.  Does
anyone
> know how to expand this limitation?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/29/2005 5:33:59 PM
If you have it, consider MS Access as the repository for your data, then use
Excel's ability to query an external database to pull in subsets of data on
which to do your analysis.

"Niner" wrote:

> I need to bring in data that exceeds the limit of 65,536 rows.  Does anyone
> know how to expand this limitation?
0
DukeCarey (494)

number setting for workbook e.g. i want , instead of . in number
I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. How to change number display setting for whole excel file. Check out Start>Settings>Control Panel> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options> Regional and Language Options>click 'Customize' button If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Rajesh" wrote: > I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. > > How to change number display setting for whole excel file. ...

Number cells won't reformat / sort
I'm dealing w/ a spreadsheet composed of cut-and-pasted rows from 2 sources (A and B) both originally exported from Filemaker at different times. When trying to sort the data by a "Record Number" field, the 2 datasets remain split and will not integrate. In other words, instead of the sort result being something like: # Code 1 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 6 WEX 7 WAF 9 WEX They look like this: # Code 1 WEX 6 WEX 9 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 7 WAF The 2 groups remain separate and sort individually. It gets stranger, though. If I reformat the column to, say, a percent or a currency r...

insering rows with vb
Hi This piece of code inserts a new row on the current worksheet, above the active cell. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveCell.Resize(1, 1).EntireRow.Insert End Sub Anyone know how this can be expanded to insert a new row in exactly the same position on worksheet 2? Many Thanks katie Katie, Here it goes: Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows(ActiveCell.Row).EntireRow.Insert HTH, Nikos "katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d2901c4423d$9f7d6510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > This piece of code i...

limit to worksheets
Anyone know the limit to how many worksheets you can have in one excel document DJA, you don't mention what version of Excel you're using, but if you search the topic "Specifications" in Excel 2000 help, it'll tell you that in an Excel workbook you get three worksheets by default and the total is limited by available memory. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DJA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A21D51E9-A9B5-430A-A87F-B60BE1F7A002@microsoft.com... > Anyone kno...

Can Excel 2007 open a numbers file?
Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, thanks. What is a numbers file? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, fnight <fnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, >thanks. fnight - If you're referring to Numbers, part of iWork for Mac computers, I am not aware of such an add-in. The usual workaround is to use Numbers to save the file in a format that Excel can open. The web page http://www.apple.com/iw...

Elapsed time between rows
How can a query be written that will tell me how much time elapsed between any two items? For example, how much time elapsed between test1 and test4? xAN xTime xText 1 9/22/2007 3:29:15 AM test 2 9/22/2007 3:29:17 AM test1 3 9/22/2007 3:29:20 AM test2 4 9/22/2007 3:29:22 AM test3 5 9/22/2007 3:29:26 AM test4 6 9/22/2007 3:29:29 AM test5 Use a subquery to get the nearest prior time If subqueries are new, here's an example: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord -- Allen Browne - Microsoft...

Number Format #14
Is there a way I can format a number so that significant 0's and a letter are conditional? I currently use: ?0"g" ?0"s" ?0"c" - which formats like so: 100000 = 10g 00s 00c 100010 = 10g 00s 10c 1000 = 0g 10s 00c What I wish to have is a code that formats like so: 101010 = 10g 10s 10c 10000 = 10s 10 = 10c 100010 = 10g 10c Is this possible? -- LoganStallworth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LoganStallworth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27561 View this thre...

How do I select every nth row?
Hi I have a long list of data. Every fourth row contains the sort of data (ID, name, points...) Unfortunately the data is all in one long column. Can someone tell me how to select out every fourth row? Maybe something that can give me the row number modulo 4? My overall goal is to move this data into an Access table, but I'm having trouble because of the format. Thanks. Ray. If your data starts in A2 and you want A2, A6, A10 and so on, use a help column adjacent and next to the first cell with data use =MOD(ROW(1:1),4)=1 copy down if you want A5, A9, A13 use =MOD(ROW(1:1),4)=0 ...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

Additional Phone Number Fields
Outlook newbie... Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69883331-CB5F-4BBC-9DD1-9B5A5D60BBF0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 > contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, > Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? You can ...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

How do I get numbers on a colum to stay as I typed them on an exc.
I created a workbook with information to be used for merging to a letter. I created a heading colum to read "HOURS" and entered the numbers as 1:23. When I merged the files, the information showed at 1:23:00 A.M. How do I correct this on my workbook excel file or on the Word document? I do not want the numbers to be changed to time. Please help!!!!!! There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Desperate School Secretary...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

6000 -> 6K. Possible with number formats?
Hi all, Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown? Thanks for your advice in advance. Frederick Chow Hong Kong Format the cell as #,##0.0,K -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Frederick Chow" <PleaseRemoveThishkmusc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eo4iZS59GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when > say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown?...

Count rows based on multiple criteria
I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadsheet based on contents of multiple cells. The formula is on one worksheet and all data is on a second worksheet. IE: count all rows that have the word "Windows" in column B and the word "Complete" in column G. Have not been able to figure this out with common functions like count, countif, dcount, etc. Help appreciated. -- DMG IT Professional Search for SUMPRODUCT or SUMIFS if you use XL-2007 "dmg" wrote: > I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadshee...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

number to name
I want to do my schedule with Excell, and I was wondering if it's possible to type a number and get a name instead... for example if on the 3rd of february, Mark is working, and that I associate the number 1 to Mark. is there a way that if I type "1" under the 3rd of february, that converts it directly to Mark? thanks Gaetan Bart, Using event code you can do it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B2:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target ...

Worksheet 'shape' (#columns by #rows)
Hi All; Have a problem here in that we would like to import some data into a spreadsheet, but the data array is 512 by 512 elements. Excel seems to force a limit of 256 columns. Is there a way to change the array shape? In any Excel version 97-2003. -- __ Pete Snell Royal Military College Kingston Ontario Snell-p@rmc.ca The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw Hi Peter there is now way to change this limitation (Ex...

Specify Rows and Cols for worksheet Change Event?
Hi, Can someone please tell me how to change the below Visual Basic code (originally from Nick H.) for excel so that the Target area it applies to is not columns A:A but applies only to Columns J thru M and Rows 25 thru 36. ORIGNAL REPLY: You could use a worksheet change event. The code below will present a message box on each entry. Test it with validation first. As written it only works with entries in column A (The code goes behind a worksheet in the workbook. Right click on a sheet tab and select 'View code'. Paste the code in the resultant window) Private Sub...

Mailbox limits in exchange 2003 not being enforced.
I'm not sure what is going on but up until about a month ago mailbox limits were being enforced in exchange. I have checked all my settings and have tried applying the limits at the IS level and the individual user level. ESM is showing that it is issuing warnings and that prohibit send is being enforced on the mailboxes over the limits, but people are still able to send. I have also checked with individual users and they are receiving the "warning message" that their mailbox is over the limit but they certainly can still send. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Steve...

numbering macro
In a database of say 10 columns and 100 rows, how do I record a macro that will o Insert a new column to the left of column A, then o in the new column A, number the rows that contain data in column B. Note: The numbering should start from 1. Since row 1 has the database heading & row 2 has the column headings, the numbering (no. 1) should start from row 3 and continue down to the last row that has data in column B. Columns("A:A").Insert For i = 1 to 100 If Cells(i,"B").Value <> "" Then Cells(i,"A&q...

counting numbers 04-09-10
Hi All, I have a Query like This. Pls Give your Suggestions. DATA: anil 0 sunil 1 anil 1 sunil 0 anil 1 sunil 0 Ans: Anil 2 Sunil 1 I need to count the numbers against name which number is more that 0. Regards, Anil. Maybe this =SUMIF(A1:A6,"Anil",B1:B6) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "showry" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a Query like This. Pls Give your Suggestions. >...