Expand/Contract grouped columns in protected sheet

I�m trying to protect a sheet that has a pivottable with grouped
columns.
The problem is , after protecting the sheet , I can�t  expand/contract
the table.
I get an error saying that I can�t use that command because it�s a
protected sheet.

Is there anyway around this?  I.E. How can I protect a sheet, and still
expand/contract a pivottable?

---

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Can the column index in a cell address be made variable?
Hi, To refer to a cell with a variable row number, we can just code it as, for example, Dim i As Interger i=234 Range("A" & i).Select To refer to a cell with a variable column index, it seems not that easy because the column index must be explicitly specified in a cell address. So, if I want to go to the j th column on the 2nd row or j columns to the right of cell AA3, is there a quick and easy way to do it? Thank you in advance. David You may be able to use R1C1 terminology, but you'll need to get someone else to help from here. "cyberdude" <honc...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, If you don�t mind ... I will send it :) . As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is ssouritinha@sapo.pt Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file. Thanks, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

R squared not the same in graph and spread sheet.
I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? -- Jim Silverton Extraneous "not" in Reply To. "James Silverton" <jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote: > I have an X-Y plot displayed with a trend line equation > and R squared. I also calculate R squared (RSQ) and the > numbers are not the same; 0.8918 and 0.928. Can someone > explain this (Excel 2010 and Windows 7)? You would need to post [1] m...

Contract Administration/SOP Issue
When the inovoice is transferred to SOP I am not getting the item description to populate correctly. Item number populates the Item description field. It needs to pull the item description from the contract line. I can work around this temporarily by modifying the invoice to print the item description from the item maintenance card. Any suggestions to have the SOP window display properly Accounting , This is how it's supposed to work. If you would enter in the item in sop as the normal item from contract maintenance, you would be selling one of these items from your inventory ...

Contracts for Account and sub-account
Hi, I don't find how to relate cases of a sub-account to active contract lines of its parent account? Development needed ? Thank you ManU ...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

How can I have more than 64000 rows in one sheet?
I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 rows. Any suggestions? "blafblaf" <blafblaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D0F75D-7F4E-4F76-95F3-72D7F3AE8D7A@microsoft.com... >I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 > rows. Any suggestions? Hi BlafBlaf, The current worksheet row limit of 65536 is not expected to be increased in the immediately foreseeable future. To import your database to Excel, it would therefore be necessary to pass 64k tranches to each of four worksheets. This...

Column comparing
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Check your earlier post. Dave T wrote: > > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > this please? > > Many thanks > DT -- Dave Peterson ...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

combining columns all the way down
I am trying to combine two columns of information in excel but th concatenate function doesnt seem to work for it. It may just be m ineptitude in excel but I just cant seem to figure this out. I have 3 colums Column A__________Column B___________Column C tree_______________ .jpg dog________________.gif House______________.png But I cant seem to be able to make it so that column C has tree.jpg an dog.gif and house.png Is concatenate the wrong thing to use here? or am I making my formula incorrectly -- sparkrom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sparkro...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Macro on a protected worksheet in a shared workbook.
Hi, I have a macro in protected worksheets that can't run once the Workbook is Shared. I have wrapped the Macro code so as the worksheet is unprotected for the time the Macro runs, and unable the Autofilter. The code is as follow at the moment: Sub Newaction() Sheets("Critical Path").Unprotect ("") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheets("Critical Path").EnableAutoFilter = True Sheets("Critical Path").Protect contents:=True, userInter...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

protecting shared workbook
Hi , I need to protect a shared workbook - other users within the office need to be able to neter data however do not seem to be able to do this withough reformatting column widths etc (we have some weird and wonderful people here) I have tried tried what i though would work - tools - Protect Sheet - then deselecting format cells, format columns, format rows however this also prevent users from enetering data. Any help appreciated. Try unlocking just the cells that are used for data entry: Select just the cells that you use for data entry. 'Format' menu --> Cells --> Pro...

Protecting user from changing previous data
Hi All, I have a block of data A1:D10 with Protection using ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGE. The user enter data with the following order: Input 1: A1, B1, C1, D1 Input 2: A2, B2, C2, D2 Input 3: A3, B3, C3, D3 I would like to Automatically prevent the user from changing ROW A1-D1 when Inserting NEW ROWS (Row A2-D2, Row A3-D3). Thank you. This can be a very complex issue if you don't think things out really well ahead of time. What happens if, after they've typed data in A1:D1 and while entering more data in rows below row 1, they realize they made a mistake...

linking sheets
Hi All, How do i link my drop down list in a13 sheet 1 to column f in sheet 2. Hi Jinx if using Data Validation to create your drop down list the easiest way is to range name column F in sheet 2 (go to sheet 2, click on F, click in name box (left hand side of formula bar) type name (no spaces), press enter) then click in Sheet1!A13, choose Data / Validation, choose List - click IN the big white box, press you F3 key to bring up list of names in workbook, choose the name, click OK, click OK again and it should work fine. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jinx" <anonymous@discus...

copying rows from next sheet over
I'm trying to copy a range of rows from one sheet over from the activ sheet, and paste them onto another sheet. This is what I tried: ActiveSheet.Next.Range("a2:b100").select selection.copy However, I'm getting the error "selection method of the range clas failed" What am I doing wrong, and is there an alternative way to do this? Any help would be appreciated -- ayl32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ayl322's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984 View this thread: http://www.excel...

I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates
I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that will add column b if column a is betwee two dates. For example: if column a is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b. I have tried all different formluas but can't get this to work. ...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

setting a column value in code for an updatable ViewGrid
Is there a way to set the value for a column in code when a ViewGrid row is edited? I have a row-last-updated date that is a required audit field in all our systems (required by data management). I don't really want the user updating this field as it should always be system controlled. If I create an editable ViewGrid tied to either an SqlDataSource or an ObjectDataSource, the field seems to only be updatable by the user. I can set it the first time by setting the DefaultValue in code but that has no effect after there is an initial value in the column. Do I need to co...