Exel only prints to a file

Running Windows 7, with MS Office 2003 SP3.
Excel will only print to file, and not to my printer (Canon MP980).
Have searched all print to file options, and everytyhing seems OK (the print
to file option is definitely unchecked).
This is only happening with Excel, all other applications (including word,
PPT,) print fine.

Have uninstalled and re-installed office 2003, and re-installed print
drivers, but nothing works.

All advice and suggestions gratefully accepted.

I have the same issue that just appeared (had been working fine) -- running
Windows 7 and MS Office XP Professional... Definitely interested in hearing
any solutions anyone has...

"Spotta" wrote:

> Running Windows 7, with MS Office 2003 SP3.
> Excel will only print to file, and not to my printer (Canon MP980).
> Have searched all print to file options, and everytyhing seems OK (the print
> to file option is definitely unchecked).
> This is only happening with Excel, all other applications (including word,
> PPT,) print fine.
>
> Have uninstalled and re-installed office 2003, and re-installed print
> drivers, but nothing works.
>
> All advice and suggestions gratefully accepted.
be interested to know if it happens when logged in as a different user.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"dhm49" <dhm49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same issue that just appeared (had been working fine) -- running
> Windows 7 and MS Office XP Professional... Definitely interested in
> hearing
> any solutions anyone has...
>

> "Spotta" wrote:
>
>> Running Windows 7, with MS Office 2003 SP3.
>> Excel will only print to file, and not to my printer (Canon MP980).
>> Have searched all print to file options, and everytyhing seems OK (the
>> print
>> to file option is definitely unchecked).
>> This is only happening with Excel, all other applications (including
>> word,
>> PPT,) print fine.
>>
>> Have uninstalled and re-installed office 2003, and re-installed print
>> drivers, but nothing works.
>>
>> All advice and suggestions gratefully accepted.

0
Gary

Write entities in a XML file
Hi to all! This is the file that I would like to write using VB.Net and XMLTextWriter: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?> <!--DTD--> <!DOCTYPE my_file [ <!ELEMENT my_file (text)> <!ELEMENT text (#PCDATA)> <!--Entity declarations--> <!ENTITY agrave "&#224;"> <!ENTITY egrave "&#232;"> <!ENTITY eacute "&#233;"> <!ENTITY igrave "&#236;"> <!ENTITY ograve "&#242;"> ...

Problems importing pst file #2
Upon importing, I'm getting the error: "The file is not a personal folders file". I've scoured Google and it looks like the problem is when I first exported the .pst file, I copied it to another server without closing Outlook. The computer that I originally exported it from is gone. All I have left is a new computer and this .pst file that won't import. Is there any solution to copying a .pst file while Outlook is still open, or is the file corrupted beyond hope? Thanks, Mike p.s. It's not read only :) You cannot copy a .pst file while it is still open. It will...

Why can't I print cash flow forecast?
The only budgeting tool I find useful in Money is the cash flow forecast. It can keep me on track on a paycheck to paycheck basis. But I am not able to print the transactions associated with the forecast. If I can't do this, I have no use for money and will have to create it in Excel. Is there a way to do this that I don't know of? Thanks for the help. Hi, Sorry this isn't a tip on printing. Just to let you know that I have exactly the same complaint. In my opinion it is a serious shortcoming in Money. I would like to print the Cashflow forecast at the beginning of t...

How do I create & print 2 pages on 1 sheet in publisher XP?
I make flat panel invitations, and I was able to fit 2 5" x 7" invites onto a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper at one time. I can't seem to accomplish this anymore and I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me? I'm using publisher XP. Thanks I don't think you ever fit 2 seven inch copies on an eleven inch sheet. Maybe you were setting up legal stock, it is 8.5 x 14. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ickypicky" <ickypicky@discussions.mic...

How do I stop pictures moving on page when printing
I am using Publisher 2003. When sending 4 page spreads to a printer to print to A3, Some pictures move from their onscreen position to the left of the page. How do I stop this from happening? AniaZ <AniaZ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When sending 4 page spreads to a printer to print to A3, Some > pictures move from their onscreen position to the left of the page. I wasn't aware Publisher could print four-page spreads. Is there any predictability to which objects will do this? Are the pictures spanning the fold? Do you have pictures in yo...

How to forcely remove or overwrite an open excel file
Hi, We gather data form various excel files accross our network and combine them. However, we can't proceed if a user left a file open as it generates an error. We can't ignore such file so is there any way to get the file copied to a different location then close the original and replace it with a copy? Every time we try to do this we get Access denied error if the file is open. Your help would be highly appreciated. Peter Are you opening the other workbooks from code or manually in Excel? If you're opening them in VBA code, you can open them in Read Only mo...

Why can't I search for Excel files knowing a word somewhere inside it?
Knowing that I had a spreadsheet with a sort macro in it somewhere that I created about a year ago, I used the search feature of File Explorer in WinXPPro to search for all files named *.xls, containing the word "sort" in a folder with subfolders I knew it should exist in, in a range of dates. The search did not find it, but after looking through my old emails I found the name of the file, found it in one of my folders, and it was named *.xls, it did contain the word "sort" as both a worksheet name and in the macro, and it was in one of the folders I searched in, and...

Graphic Files
Is there a way to have Publisher NOT rename my graphic files when saving as a web page? If I insert a photo named "MyDog,jpg" into my layout, Publisher renames that files to "img1.jpg". No. I urge you to visit http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2k.htm and review the articles I have regarding images and publisher web design. That said you will find one article that explains a different technique which you use your original (and self named) image files. Please use our web design forum in the future for these topics - microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik -...

Reading XML file with JScript
Hi, By using AjaxPro I am creating XML file with database data and saving that created file in harddisk, but i have to show the content of that XML in browser. How can I show the content by AjaxMethod which is in .cs file or can we open and show the content of XML file by using JScrip Thanks in advance Shalem wrote: > By using AjaxPro I am creating XML file with database data and saving > that created file in harddisk, but i have to show the content of that > XML in browser. How can I show the content by AjaxMethod which is > in .cs file or can we open and show the content of...

cannot access a file
when I try to save an excell file i am told: microsoft excell cannot=20 access the file (where i am trying to save the file). What does this = mean=20 and how do I fix it. I ...

Unable to attach a file to a email
The Button called "New E-Mail Attachment" is missing from the Attachment tab tool bar within a CRM email. To be exact there are no tools on the Attachment tab. I do know there is suppose to be one there. I also understand that attachments are not available in a email with a template, but in my situation its in an email from a single contact or account. Can anybody sugjest something? Thank you. Hi, First you need to save the email and than you can attach attachments. PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. -- take care, uMar Khan ...

Graphics disappearing when printing
Not sure if this is W2K or Pub97 prob or both... When printing a publication, if I save said publication first, any graphics on the page disappear. If I don't save it, they sometimes stay, sometimes disappear... Very frustrating!! Any ideas? There is no such known issue in any version of Publisher. This will be an issue with your video driver. Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and download and install the latest version of the video drivers. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being hel...

Setting print layout as default for opening attachments.
Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default to print layout. You can elect to NOT open in reading layout. JennieB wrote: > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. "JennieB" <JennieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D381105-14D3-4E05-B9D7-85B702B93BA1@microsoft.com... > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. Open Word and click Tools>Options. On the General tab, uncheck...

Prompted to convert the file's text encoding...
When I try to open any excel file from my second computer (Office 2003) it prompts me to convert the file because it can't recognize the text encoding. The file preview is all junk characters and no other encoding makes it readable. I can open these files fine on my laptop, which is also running Office 2003. Any insight would be appreciated! ...

I need to find out how to print checks.
I need to find out how to print checks with checking account numbers printed on Blank Checks with instution Name also included. Read the FAQ. A link was posed yesterday with the sensible advice that you should read the FAQ before posting. "cliff" <cwc0022@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1046201c3f41e$9af24230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to find out how to print checks with checking > account numbers printed on Blank Checks with instution > Name also included. ...

Utility to "clean up" or "defrag" large Excel file
Is there a tool/utility that I can run on a very large Excel file to essentially "clean up" the file? This file has existed for a while - lots of things added and deleted....I is there such a utility? Thanks! Sabrina Generally file size is increased due to Excel thinking the used range on sheets is much larger than what it really is. This is caused by adding rows and columns then clearing them. Excel still retains these cells as "used". See Debra Dalgleish's site for methods of resetting the used range on sheets. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unus...

Using VBA to read/write data from Excel files
How would I go about using Visual Basic to extract data from cells of any given Excel file and store that data in variables of my running VBA program?? Similary, how would I write back a value into that same file into a specified cell?? I just need some basic examples regarding which functions to use for file operations to get me going. Thank you all! I have been trying the following code in my VBA module(s): Dim x As Integer x = Workbooks("My File").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D8").Value However, I get the following error message: &qu...

Trouble opening Outlook data file
Hi. I archived all my emails and saved the .pst file before reformatting my hard drive. Now that I have everything installed again, I try to open the archive.pst in outlook, and it tells me that I do not have permission to access the file. Does anyone know how I can get all my emails back from the archive file? TIA Never mind. I didn't have permission because I was trying to open it from the cd I placed it on. I guess you need write access to open the thing. Once I placed it on my hard drive, I was able to access it and extract my emails. "Silmarillion" <evan.dickso...

2007
I am sorry to post this here but I have had no response from two postings on the Import/Export Data forum... We have a regular monthly process where we open some tables from data providers in an Access DB and need to export the table data to a delimited TEXT file. We have updated some PCs to Office 2007 and now encounter an error on these machines using the Access 2007 export wizard : "The specification xml failed to validate against the schema. There is an error in the following line of the XML document: ." Any assistance much appreciated. Jane "Jane" <...

File Repository Server Input is down 11-26-04
When trying to run a report the following error is generated: Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down restart of the services lets us run a report once before the error reappears, and the second attempt at a report gets the error. any ideas? ...

Uploading Outlook Express dbx files to Outlook
Help! A couple of months ago a friend upgraded her OS from ME to XP. She backed up her Outlook Express email files on CD. Now, she can't get them to open in either Outlook or Outlook Express. Any suggestions? I've tried everything that I can think of, to no avail. I've tried importing them from the CD, saving them to the Outlook folder, to the Outlook Express folder, all to no avail. Thanks! confused wrote: > Help! A couple of months ago a friend upgraded her OS > from ME to XP. She backed up her Outlook Express email > files on CD. Now, she can't get them to o...

Track the difference of 2 xml files by code
Folks: I am trying to find a best solution of the task of tracking the changes of a xml file. The scenrio is like this: we have a original copy of xml data. Clients submit a new copy of xml data with changes (like new nodes or change text values etc). What is the best approch to get a complete list of the changes by using .net/C# code? I know there is a tool :http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xmldiff/. But it is for human interaction. How can I do the same thing in code? Also, Dataset can track the change of xml within it. but in my case, clients do not get a dataset from me, make ...

Excel 2008 files getting "out of memory" or "cannot save" errors

Opening a file!
This is the strangest behaviour I have seen on a Microsoft product & I need some help. If I open a Publisher file having first launched the application, the file is corrupt (graphics missing, display window part frozen). If I double-click on a publisher file, it opens OK. I launched the application, used the wizzard to creat a 3-page website, saved it, then closed the app. I re-launched the app, opened the saved file & it was ok. I then opened one of the previous files that was corrupted form the file/open menu, the app loaded in another window & the file was fine. I t...

too many embedded files and drives when delete imcdata archives
I was unable to optimize my disk space on the c:\ drive because as I ran the Optimizer program I ended up with less space than before. Now these files and folders were to be moved from c:\ to f:\ and as I continued to just go in and delete the files from the In and Out Archive folders in the Imcdata folder on the c:\. One administrator says that the f:\ recreates the folder and embeds it on the the c:\ and the folders and drives keep getting deeper and deeper. What did I do to continually get the drive duplication with folder after folder after folder. ...