execute macro at certain time

I would like to have a macro execute automatically at a certain time
each day. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/

-- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
-- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/

You gonna keep excel open?

If yes, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

You also may want to look at a scheduler program (some versions of windows have
this built in, but there are lots of shareware programs that do it, too
(www.shareware.com).)

Then that windows scheduler program can start your file at 8:00 and your
workbook could have an auto_open macro that runs when the workbook opens.

Frodo wrote:

> I would like to have a macro execute automatically at a certain time
> each day. Does anyone know if this is possible?
>
> Thanks

> Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>
> -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum
> -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions at http://www.ExcelTip.com/

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Macro to find last cell in row before blank
I want a macro that will find the last cell in row 16 before a blank. Then I want to copy all the cells in the last three columns with data in it from rows 16 - 200 and paste them in cells O16:Q200. For example: if the last cell in row 16 before a blank is cell Z16, then I want X16:Z200 copied and pasted special with values only into cells O16:Q200. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Try this Sub test() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Cells(16, Columns.Count).End(xlToL...

macros on one page
Good morning! I have a workbook with several macros. Ones that I recorded during the same session (without closing) are listed on 1 page with a line separating them. For example macros 1,2 and 3 were all recorded at one time. The file closed then reopened to record macro 4. When you go to edit macro 1, you can see the code for macros 2 and 3 but not 4. Is there a way that macro 4 could be included on the same page as 1 through 3? I am trying to do this so that I can use the edit replace function and update all of the macros at once. Thank you for any help. Have a GREAT day! I...

Help with assigning a macro to a commandbutton
I need to assign a macro to a commandbutton. I've recorded the macro and tried the code below but I get a "Expected End Sub" error Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Sub Openproductmix351() ' ' Openproductmix351 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/30/2003 ' ' Sheets("PRODUCT MIX 351").Visible = True Sheets("351").Visible = True End Sub End Sub What did I do wrong? TIA, David I think it should be:- Sub Openproductmix351() 'Openproductmix351 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/30/2003 Sheets("PRODUCT MIX 351").Visible = True Sheets...

Macro to find highlighted cells
Hoping someone can help me with a macro. I need to look at each row (except for header row 1) ... if the cells in the row say "true" that row can be hidden. If any cells in the row say "false" that row should stay visible. Then for the remaining visible cells, look at each column (except for column A), and if everything in that column is true, it should hide that column. If the column has a "false" in it, that column should stay visible. If it makes a difference, I'm searching for the true/false *values* that are returned from a formula tha...

Outlook received time incorrect
Hi, I've set my machine's timezone according to Microsoft's instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/914387 I can send an email to myself at 9:00, and it'll be shown in "sent items" as sent at 9:00. But, my Inbox will display the email as if it was sent at 10:00. When viewing the mail, it specifies that it was sent at 9:00. So my problem is that for some reason, although the mail contains information that it was sent at 9:00, outlook's inbox displays it at 10:00. Note: all my calendar items are displayed correctly, and my calender options dis...

Hi Guys. First Time Poster
Hi guys. First time poster long time reader. Just wanted to say "Hi" ;) On a side note my Hubby is REAL excited about this new IPO stock GRDX. They just started trading this one like 2 days ago. It's already almost doubled in just 2 days! My Husband is really excited about this stock. Say's it could make us some really BIG money. You guys should check it out. Just spreading the wealth ;) Go to http://www.otcbb.com and check symbol : GRDX you will see how big the growth is :) Let me know what you guys think ;) -- noah799 ...

Formatting cells entered by a macro
I have a macro, that selects the last row in a range of cells and inputs a blank row just above this (as below). I want to then format the cells I input, and am having trouble writing the macro to select them Can anyone help? Dim LastRow As Long, NumberOfBlankRows NumberOfBlankRows = 1 LastRow = Range("A3:R1000").Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlColumns, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, LookIn:=xlValues).Row Intersect(Range("A:R"), Rows(LastRow)).Resize(NumberOfBlankRows).Insert You didn't tell us what kind of format you wan...

Macro Question #12
Hello All, Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. Thanks for any help sub XX() if cells(10,3)="" then cells(10,3)=cells(1,1) else cells (11,3)=cells(1,1) end sub >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will >past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank >and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. > > >Thanks for any help >. > Thanks for the reply >----...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

named range in macro call 04-05-10
Is there a way to pass a named range (or even an unnamed block of cells) into a macro? I have written a macro that I want to use for several different ranges of data. I have created multiple buttons that each call the macro, but I cannot seem to find the right syntax to pass in the range of data that I want the macro to use for each button. All I can do is to pass in the row and column numbers that define the upper left and lower right corners of the data range, as follows: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' Call Macro1(UpperLeftRow, UpperLeftCol, LowerRightRow, Lo...

Macro to highlight every 2nd row
Hi, I am trying to work out how to write a macro so that it takes my data range and highlights every second row in a certain colour. if my data is in the range A2:K31, then i want the macro to run so it selects A3:K3 and highlights that in yellow, then skip down two rows and highlights A5:K5 in yellow and so on until there is no more data in the cells (ie. Row 31). the code I have so far is this, but it only highlights every second cell in column A and does NOT extend out to column K... Sub NEWY() Range("A2:K2").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value = Empty ...

POS v.2.0 Time Clock display
Is there a file in the File Center that would permit us to implement an aggregate method so our employees can see the total hours worked when they view the Time Clock function? I'm not aware of any way to do this beyond running a report in Manager View, but it's a great suggestion. You should enter this into the suggestion database through CustomerSource. There isn't a selection for POS 2.0, so choose RMS when submitting. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/ "M Kalmus" <MKalmus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25523729-D448-4885-AF...

creating macro to seperate lines
how can i create a macro to seperate lines by a uniqe value.e.g if i have john doe for 10 lines and johnsmith for 20 rows, is there a macro to sperate each unique value? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() 'Sandy Mann July 1st, 2007 Dim LastRow As Long Dim X As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row Application.ScreenUpdating = False For X = LastRow To 3 Step -1 If Cells(X, 1).Value <> Cells(X - 1, 1).Value Then If Cells(X, 1).Value <> "" Then If Cells(X - 1, 1).Value <> "" Then...

Daylight Saving time changed events
Once again, the automatic switch to daylight saving time caused my one-day events to now span two days. This seems to happen somewhat randomly, not with all the one-day events. I seem to recall a patch that was supposed to fix this, but apparently it no longer works. I have way to many events to individually change each one, that and I do not know if the span went ahead or behind (e.g. for an event now covering the 9th and 10th, I do not know if the original date was the 9th or the 10th). How do I fix this? Windows XP sp2, Outlook 2003 sp3 -- Thank you, John Grego...

Time Frame
I have the following in a query that my report is based off of Between [Forms]![frmEventsCalendar].[EStart] And [Forms]![frmEventsCalendar].[EEnd] this works great, I get the count of Product Events, Docks and so on in my report for the given time frame but now my boss wants my report to look backwards as well ex. time frame 7/1/2007 thru 8/1/2007 and it works perfect we get the exact info we are looking for but now my boss want to select a time frame get the info in the time frame as well as 30 days prior to the time frame. I have tried to put -30 after [EStart] and [EEnd] and other...

Am I asking too much of my macro's
I am using a spread sheet which contains a number of combi boxes (approx. 30) Once I've selected all requirments in these combi boxes, I run a macro to copy the selections to another sheet. I then need all the combi boxes to return to their previous/original selections, ready to start the process again. I tried to record a macro to return them all to their original selections but its not recording any of my 30 selections. It takes far to long doing this manually each time. Thanks for any suggestions Control Toolbox Toolbar Combobox: Dim obj as OleObject for each obj on Activesheet.O...

Time input in w/sheet #2
I had a problem which was resolved (or so I thought) yesterday regarding input of time. I was kindly given the solution Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim TimeStr As String On Error GoTo EndMacro If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub End If If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub End If Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .HasFormula = False Then Select Case Len(.Value) Case 1 ' e.g., 1 = 00:01 AM ...

Date and Time quandry
I have a report that I created and want to put a date and time on it. I tried the simple Insert Date and Time and I tried using an unbound box with =Date() in it. The report is bases on a parameter query so when the user clicks on the button on the switchboard to bring up the query it asks for a piece of information and then provides the report. When I insert the date into the report, the user is asked for the usual piece of information and then asks for Date. If we just click past that the report comes up with everything correct except for the Date it shows #Name. Now here is the re...

My calendar isn't updating old meeting times.
When I accept a "Updated meeting request (recurring or single event) it places a schedule in my calendat for the new date & time but it doesn't delete the old date & time. Where do I find those settings to change them? ...

How do I set up a macro in a form to delete checks in checkboxes?
I just finished doing a form on excel and I can clear certain cells so that when something is inputted all I need to click is my macro reset button BUT I also have check boxes in my form that I want to be able to clear with the click of button....does anyone know how to do this?- a response would be greatly appreciated ...

Convertin Decimals to clock time
I need to convert 1 hour &.233333 of an hour into clock time. I.e. 1 hour 14 minutes. Does any one have the formula or know what function does this. Loretta One way: = 1.23333/24 Format as h:mm In article <Om9Ecwz9DHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Loretta" <loretta@anderson-computer.com> wrote: > I need to convert 1 hour &.233333 of an hour into clock time. I.e. 1 hour 14 > minutes. Does any one have the formula or know what function does this. > Loretta > > Hi Loretta how is the value stored (e.g. 1.23333 or with text in between as sho...

Macro Not Working
Hi can any please advise me why my Macro is not working The Macro allows users to Input dates via a message box which shoul then be input in cells B1, B2, B3 & B4 - but this does not happen - I addition when I try to change the sheet name in the macro from Sheet2 t another name i.e. mydata it displays an error Sub Input_Dates1() ' ' MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q1") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet2.Range("$B$1").Value = MyName MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q2") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub E...

Assigning Macros to Custom Buttons (kskinne?)
I replied to an older thread about this earlier today, but the subject got messed up and I fear that the intended audience won't see it... Mr. Kinne had previously posted the following: --- yes you can do this - for example if you want to have a custom button that triggers a macro that you have saved under the Alt+F1, you could insert a code like the following into a class module: Public Function Process(session As Object) As Boolean On Error Resume Next Dim posSession As Object Set posSession = session SendKeys "%{F1}" Process = True End Function then under your cu...

execute batch file does not execute all command lines
I am using the following code to execute a batch file which contains multiple commands, each on a separate line. Each command-line creates a file. What I am finding is that only some of the files are being created ( 7 out of 11 ). If I then run the batch file directly ( either by double-clicking, or pasting its path into cmd.exe window ), all files are created ( 11 out of 11 ). private void executeBatchFile(string pathBatchFile, string pathWorkingDirectory, Label outputDump) { ...

problem with macro
I found some code that imports a text file to the open workbook on MSKB: Sub ImportTextFile() Dim DestBook As Workbook, SourceBook As Workbook Dim DestCell As Range Dim RetVal As Boolean ' Turn off screen updating. Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set object variables for the active book and active cell. Set DestBook = ActiveWorkbook Set DestCell = ActiveCell ' Show the Open dialog box. RetVal = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show("*.txt") ' If Retval is fa...