exceltips.net needs moderators

I'm looking for assistance with my website http://exceltips.net. If
anyone is interested in becoming an editor, or a forum moderator please
respond. I could use any help.

thanks alot,
brian

--
exceltips
exceltips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25808

hi,
i might be interested. depends.

FSt1

"exceltips" wrote:

> I'm looking for assistance with my website http://exceltips.net. If
> anyone is interested in becoming an editor, or a forum moderator please
> respond. I could use any help.
>
> thanks alot,
> brian
>

> --
> exceltips
> exceltips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25808
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392084

0
FSt1 (238)

Outlook 2003 "needs to close"
Hi, On my laptop (hp), Outlook 2003 generally works, but about once a day (sometimes more), I get an error dialog that says that Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Which it does. I don't recall this happening with earlier versions of Outlook. On other computers that I use (desktops), I also see the problem, but MUCH less often -- maybe once a month. Any ideas? TIA, Gary. Hi Gary, Are there any error messages or numbers? Anything listed in your application event viewer? Any prompt to send the error message to Microsoft? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: ht...

Great Plains Canadian Payroll needs standard reports currently VE.
We have recently installed Great Plains with Canadian Payroll. There are no standard reports available. Has anyone else had a similar problem of being unable to provide reports to management about labour costs. In article <EEB7E83A-424C-4EAD-9114-01DF05E07A2C@microsoft.com>, Nick-in- BC@discussions.microsoft.com says... > We have recently installed Great Plains with Canadian Payroll. There are no > standard reports available. Has anyone else had a similar problem of being > unable to provide reports to management about labour costs. > Nick, What are you looking for...

New guy needs help please
I want a formula that will count the number of times a name appears in a colum ther may be up to 3 names only, Thanks a lot Julian ...

I needed to get a student loan
I am going to school this fall and I needed to get a student loan for my tuition payments, and I needed a portal of information regarding student loans and financing. I found http://studentloandictionary.com and it had great info. ...

need to convert e-mail info from excel spreadsheet ot windows XP
my motherhas sent an e-mail to me that cannot be opened by my computer, which is run by Windows XP. What do I need to be able to view the information that was attatched to the email? Ask your mom what she sent you. If it's an excel file and you don't own excel... You may want to try the free viewer from MS. The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx and the older version if you can't run the one above: http://download.microsoft.com/download/excel2000/Xlviewer/2000/WIN98/EN-US/xlViewer.exe (One lin...

I need help with Hard Drive
I just installed a new Hard Drive and my computer can see it. I cannot manipulate it in any way. Can someone please help me assign it a name through DOS so that Ill be able to access it through windows? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28036338-EE07-44A3-A055-ECD5935D9540@microsoft.com >I just installed a new Hard Drive and my computer can see it. I cannot > manipulate it in any way. Can someone please help me assign it a name > through DOS so that Ill be able to access it through windows? Have you tried to format...

need help with seeting an activecell in VBA
this is the code i have so far...... Dim rng As Range Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb = Workbooks.Open("f:\Bidditjobs.xls") Set rng = wb.Worksheets("jobs").Columns(1).find(cobOpenPro.Value) ActiveCell.Select Biddit.txtJobNumber.Value = ActiveCell.Value Biddit.cobRep.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value Biddit.txtMainPrice.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value Biddit.txtMainPercent.Value = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Value ..... How could I have the ActiveCell.Select begin in the row it finds the cobOpenPro.value? right not is is on...

More help needed re form & msgbox
Thanks to those who helped earlier. I have two more questions (I hope that's all). Once again my code so far is: Private Sub cmdRemChild_Click() Dim myCell As Range Dim ChosenName As String Dim NameFound As Boolean Dim YesNo As Integer ChosenName = cboChildName.Text Sheets("Child Records").Select NameFound = False For Each myCell In Range("Name_of_Child") If myCell.Value = ChosenName Then myCell.Select NameFound = True Unload Me Exit For End If Next myCell If N...

Need more help with email router
Hi again. I'm doing a test setup of the email router, and the installer failed with the following error message: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Exchange.GenerateEncryptionKeyAction failed. Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Crm.ApplicationConfig.IsFederalInformationProcessingCompliant()'" Aside from being a bit spooky (IsFederalInformationProcessingCompliant ?), does anyone have any ideas what that could mean and how to fix the problem? This is using CRM 4.0, and I did let the installer download all the updates. TIA, Antti Kurenniemi Update: This went away aft...

I need a temp to input numbers and get the amount of times it appe
I need a template that I can input a serious of numbers on from various dates and i wold like to know which numbers appera the most ...

Need to get colors back: reinstall?
Hi: Having some problems with MS office 2004 on a new MacPro with Snow Leopard. Specifically, I can't get text colors to change and I need to have that capability because I often do threaded messages with clients. Oddly, the same problem doesn't exist on my Mac laptop. Is there a file/pref/whatever that I need to trash? If so, great. Otherwise, I am willing to do a complete wipeout of MS Office on the MacPro and start over again (saving my Entourage files and such, tho). Please advise one of two things: 1. Files I can trash to bring back colors. 2. How to completely wipe t...

Need help with a simple Time calculation
Hi I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help with at sheet, that are able to calculate time something like this: text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec) text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2) text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3) total 7:20 Thanks in advance if the fields have times in them as they appear, just add them like any other cells and format as mm:ss or hh:mm:ss Regards Trevor "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42ed31aa$0$7385$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net... > Hi > > ...

Access Error- needs to close
Recently (since the Office 2003 SP3??) when i try to edit almost any report in my Access database i get an error that Access has experienced a problem and needs to close, and offers to backup my database, repair it and restart Access. This happens constantly to the point that i can not work on the database. It also offers to opens the debugger which then over and over tells me: Unhandled exception at 0x7c910e03 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x07921000. When i look in Add/Remove Programs there is an Office Pro 2003 (which i installed), an Office Standard ...

Need Help for Query on Summing Prev Row Value and used for calculation
Hello frnds need a help for the query where in I want to add / subtract QtyMfg or QtyUsed as as per TrnType "R" or "I" starting with OpnBal which is in first row with RowId=0 for a Item then in CloseBal for the RowId=0 it will same then.CloseBal of RowId will become OpnBal for (RowId+1) the CloseBal of previous Row will become the Opnbal of the Next Row for same Item. Reset ablove process when ItemChanges. The below is Table structure.Please frnd can anybody help me for the same. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[RPT_RG1]( [RowId] [numeric](18, 0) NOT NULL, [Item] [va...

Displaying and printing the Journal using VB.Net
Hello everyone We have developed a custom CRM add-on for RMS and we can retrieve all records from RMS to integrate with our CRM. But we are having problem displaying the journal image (ReceiptCompressed). When we try to retrieve it we get a message saying it is not recognized. Obviously RMS uses certain type of non-SQL standard. We tried on a sample table we created and we could load and retrieve/display the images but not the 'Journal > ReceiptCompressed'. Any one has an idea or suggestion? Thanks Mario, We have successfully decrypted the contents and rendered both text and ...

Point Labeling and Chart Plotting help needed
Well, i'm currently crunching in data for a topgraphic map that is du tommorow I've plotted points on a 2-d X-Y Scatter graph, and I want the graph t label each point with its associated elevation (z value that has column of its own), so it'll be easier for me to draw the contour lines later on. So... Does anybody know how to label a point ?? Secondly, I want the graph to plot the graph such that the grid lin spacing is 5cm... how do I do this?? Lastly, is it possible to draw in contour lines with excel??? Any advice, tips, and/or solutions will be appreciated!! Thanks -- Me...

Need good Visual C++ Winsock2 book recommendations?
I'm currently doing some beginner network programming using CSocket/CAsyncSocket and everything seems to be working fine though i haven't load tested my Client/Server applications on a 'noisy' communication link yet. I'm eager to learn more so i want to move on to using WinSock. Need recommendations on any good WinSock 2 books / references out there. I mostly work in Visual C++ MFC using VStudio 6. Thanks in advance! Kenny Fong "Kenny Fong" <kenny.fong@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eaMYjKAZEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm currently doi...

Need help on JOIN
We are using SQL 2008 and found 2 separate Views that I would like to be JOINed into one stored procedure. I am trying to get joined data between timesheets (which identify both the worker and client) and paychecks that are one per CheckID. If I get it into 1 strored procedure then I can pass it variables for the date range and possibly the SSN. Below is the SQL View that gives me the Clients FedIDNo for all timesheets in a date range. Below that is SQL that gives me the total wages for that same date range. The common tie between them is CheckID. Any help is appreciated and...

Formula help needed #4
Hi, I am very new with excel. If I have several fields, each of which records the number of a particular item - Say Field A (item 1), Field B (item 2), Field C (item 3). When I create a report, I can see how to get the total of items in each individual field. However, I cannot work out how to add together the totals of Field A, Field B, and Field C to get a total of all items. I imagine that this involves inserting a formula somewhere, but I cannot work out how to do this. Can anyone help? if you're very new with excel.. PLEASE i beg of you-- run away while you still can Excel is...

Need help creating Gift Receipt
The system doesn't have a gift receipt template. Turning everything to false in receipt format still shows the cost. I believe the reason for a gift receipt is not to show what the customer pays. Does anyone have a template I can use or can anyone give me a direction to remove the cost of each item and totals. What line etc. MS has a gift receipt on the web site just go to customer source and it is under the doc's area " Rick help me on this part: customer source? Where would that be and how do I access. We bought this from a MS partner and the relationish and service is ...

Needing help automatically generating info from a table to a form
I'm creating a database for a project at work that will track production and piece work. I've started with a table that I have imported from Excel that contains the employee's clock number and their name. I have created a form that allows supervisors to enter in daily production data for each employee. However, I am trying to cut down on as much typing as possible. So, I would like to create a box that allows the user to enter in the employee clock number and when they tab down it will automatically pull up the employee's name in a box next to it. I have been messing ar...

HELP! Need to write a "license agreement" Dialog/List box
I am constrained to using Visual C++ 6.0 (or VB) and need to write a simple "install program". I have most of it working as a console application that pops up a variety of message boxes, and then uses the responses to figure out what to do. What I can't seem to figure out is how to display the contents of a text file (a license agreement) in a list box (or something) and then place an "accept" and "decline" box at the bottom, so that I can present the user with a license agreement. I am new to MFC and although my gut tells me this ought to be trivi...

Minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes
We have Windows 2000 Active Directory and Exchange 2000. How can I give someone the minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes without giving them Domain Admin or Exchange Admin permissions? Thanks. Hello, I can give you a start.. not a whole solution. Since mailboxes is nearly users in Exchange 2000 you must give the rights/permission to create a user. I would delegrate at the lowest lever (OU) and run the delegation wizard and give him/her the rights/permission to creat user and Exchange attributes Hope this helps :) /John "JB" wrote: > We have Windows 2000 Active Dir...

need query results showing Table 1 records both w/ and w/o matches in Table 2.
I am trying to write a query in Access 2000 and would appreciate some guidance as to how this should be approached. I am at a very basic skill level. My goal is to create a query that determines what type and size of packaging should be used depending on the mix of products purchased. We know that if 3 products from category X and 7 from category Y are purchased then 'the medium corrugated box' should be used (and we have reduced this to a grid), but we would like the process automated so that a simple list can be printed. Simplified (but hopefully adequate): I have 2 tables (Tb1...

Need Advice !
I need some overall architectural advice... I have a process whereby I would like to accomplish the following... The setting includes many client workstations using a VB.net application that communicates with a database via ADO connections. The workstations will be adding "transactional" information into some sql server tables. Been there, done that... so far, so good... Unfortunately, that is only half of the "transaction"... Once the first half of the transaction has been successfully committed to the sql tables, elements of this data must then be ...