Excell Formula - 38965

I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30
Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies.
Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table
below ). All the information is in sheet 1.

	     A	     B	    C
1	Product 1	Supplier 2	  £10.00
2	Product 2	Supplier 1	  £8.00
3	Product 3	Supplier 2	  £8.00
4	Product 2	Supplier 2	  £6.00
5	Product 1	Supplier 3	  £11.00
6	Product 3	Supplier 1	  £7.00

I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates
under heading of supplier to show cheapest product from each supplier for all
the  product

	A	    B
1	Product	Supplier
2	Product 1	    ?
3	Product 2	    ?
4	Product 3	    ?
5	Product 4	    ?
6	Product 5	    ?

Thanks for any help I get

In Sheet2 cell B2 apply the below formula

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula>}"

=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$1000,MATCH(1,(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000=A2)*
(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$1000=MIN(IF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000=A2,
Sheet1!$C$1:$C$1000))),0))

--
Jacob

"Farid" wrote:

> I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30
> Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies.
> Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table
> below ). All the information is in sheet 1.
>
> 	     A	     B	    C
> 1	Product 1	Supplier 2	  £10.00
> 2	Product 2	Supplier 1	  £8.00
> 3	Product 3	Supplier 2	  £8.00
> 4	Product 2	Supplier 2	  £6.00
> 5	Product 1	Supplier 3	  £11.00
> 6	Product 3	Supplier 1	  £7.00
>
> I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates
> under heading of supplier to show cheapest product from each supplier for all
> the  product
>

> 	A	    B
> 1	Product	Supplier
> 2	Product 1	    ?
> 3	Product 2	    ?
> 4	Product 3	    ?
> 5	Product 4	    ?
> 6	Product 5	    ?
>

> Thanks for any help I get

Thank You veru much you are fab,genies. worked perfect

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> In Sheet2 cell B2 apply the below formula
>
> Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
> same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
> enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
> braces at both ends like "{=<formula>}"
>

> =INDEX(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$1000,MATCH(1,(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000=A2)*
> (Sheet1!$C$1:$C$1000=MIN(IF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000=A2,
> Sheet1!$C$1:$C$1000))),0))
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Farid" wrote:
>
> > I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30
> > Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies.
> > Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table
> > below ). All the information is in sheet 1.
> >
> > 	     A	     B	    C
> > 1	Product 1	Supplier 2	  £10.00
> > 2	Product 2	Supplier 1	  £8.00
> > 3	Product 3	Supplier 2	  £8.00
> > 4	Product 2	Supplier 2	  £6.00
> > 5	Product 1	Supplier 3	  £11.00
> > 6	Product 3	Supplier 1	  £7.00
> >
> > I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates
> > under heading of supplier to show cheapest product from each supplier for all
> > the  product
> >

> > 	A	    B
> > 1	Product	Supplier
> > 2	Product 1	    ?
> > 3	Product 2	    ?
> > 4	Product 3	    ?
> > 5	Product 4	    ?
> > 6	Product 5	    ?
> >

> > Thanks for any help I get

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

filters with formulas to boot!
I have a field called date entered and lots of formulas. My problem i that when I applied the filter non of my formulas change. I am trying t keep a count going for every month itself and YTD stuff. Is there a way to do this right? I am going to deal with 31 different spreadsheets where they are being compared to one another. Oh boy big project! Column one is date entered. Two three four name fields Four is male or female Five is pick from the language types (i. e. english, spanish, frenc etc.) Six is 7 choices to pick from. I want to apply a filter on date entered for like all of ...

why does excel ignore page formating after selecting rows to repe.
I have a Pivot table to which I wish to print excluding the "Page" items but include the Table headings. I have also set the document to print 1 page wide by up to 999 pages tall. It previews fine except for when I select the table headings (row $3$3) to be repeated at the top. After I make that selection, the preview shows all the data being printed on only 5 pages instead of 31. I don't know what I am missing to cause this unexpected result. ...

Are there any excel template for creating POIs for Garmin units
I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a Garmin 340c. Not that I know of but have you tried the free POI software from Garmin? http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/ Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:24:00 -0700, Fremen <Fremen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a >Garmin 340c. ...

How do you create dual drop down menus in excel 2000?
I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! If drop-down created with Data Validation>List, check out Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:03 -0800, "Phlashh" <Phlashh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to >lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! ...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

VB code to import Excel sheet
I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 table. The sheet in is a know location. I also want to clear the Access table prior to importing the Excel Sheet. Thanks Take a look at what Ken Snell has at http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "BobC" <Bob.CallenNoSpamm@cox.net> wrote in message news:TBgZm.57278$ZF3.39461@newsfe13.iad... > I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 > table. The she...

Excel
When using MS Works I can enter letters and numbers in a cell and the total of the cells in a row will be calculated correctly(for my particular requirement) by ignoring anyone of the cells in the row which has letters and numbers together. All the cells are formated as 'General'. When I try to do this task in Excel it gives an error in the result cell. Note that any cell may have a mixture of letters and cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bing Search RSS with Silverlight 3 RIA Domain Ser...

Pocket Excel Graphic Lost
I developed a spreadsheet that included my company's logo in Excel 2002. I saved it to my PPC file for conversion by ActiveSync for my WinCE 2002. I want to use the spreadsheet from my PPC. I tried both the .png and .jpg image file types. The graphic is not on the Pocket Excel version of the document. Is there a problem with Pocket Excel keeping graphics? If not, what image format should I use for graphics in Pocket Excel? Or, is there a switch I need to use? Sorry, the correct e-mail address is bschmidt@westechnology.net >-----Original Message----- >I developed a spreads...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

File size is larger in XP than in Excel 97
Has anyone noticed that excel files that contain imported data are larger in XP than in 97? Why, any ideas? Thanks Kathy .. ...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

Excel interfering with dates
How can I stop Excel 2007 interfering with dates? I have a variety of dates to enter. Some are before 1900, some after. Some are partial (with no year given); some are just a year. All are entered in the form 1 Sep 1854 (with some parts missing). I have defined the format of the cells to be Text/String but Excel ignores that and corrupts the dates by assuming, if no year is present, that they are 2011 and if they are after 1900 it converts them to 01/01/2011 format. How can I force Excel to do what it is told and treat them all as Text? -- Chris Watts chris@watts-bros.co.uk (synonymous...

copying a formula down a column
I am trying to copy a formula down a column where c1=a1,c2=a4,c3=a7 an so on but when Itry to drag the formula down the column it doesn't cop properly. Does anyone know a simple answer to this. Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Put in C1: =INDIRECT("A"&3*ROW()-2) Copy down col C -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email ----------...

Excel 97 #3
I have a list of timecodes, examples, ESD1.2 ESD12.3.2 ESD12.4.12 ESD4.4.2 ESD13.1.1 ESD2.2.6 ESD13.1.2 ESD4.3.3 ESD13.2 ESD14.2.1 ESD2.1.3 ESD4.3.2 ESD2.2 ESD4.4.4 they are formatted as General Any ideas how to list them in order of number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can convert the text to time with the following formula :- =TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3),".",":")) Format as HH:MM:S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Preflighting Excel files
Is there a way to preflight (check for problems before printing) Excel files (I already know that Flightcheck doesn't work). Any suggestions? Martin Martin There is a Before_Print event macro that you can use for such checking. Of course, that macro is blank. You would have to write in the necessary code to do the checks you want. Can you list the checks and the criteria for each? Writing the code is straight forward once you have listed the checks and criteria. HTH Otto "martindaylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21d201c49...

How do I change the thickness of a bottom boarder in Excel 2002?
In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. try Sub bottomborder() ActiveCell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThick 'xlmedium or xlthin End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24E39F0-58BF-47AD-AE42-716CBA2C9C54@microsoft.com... > In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can > not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? ...

How to Copy Charts and Tables from Excel to Publisher
Hi, Everyone: I'm a new user of Publisher 2003, and I'm working on a 100-page or so document with text, photos, charts, and tables. I would appreciate advice about copying charts and tables from an Excel workbook and reducing file size. Please also recommend which is the correct file format to use when saving charts, tables, and photos as "pictures". My Excel workbook has numerous worksheets. (1) When I try to "copy and paste" a single Excel chart from one worksheet into Publisher, I get an "object" which shows ALL the worksheets if I double...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Map Points in Excel
I am using an older version of Excel and have a map of the US in which I need to insert airport locations from a spreadsheet. Can anyone tell me how to do this Thanks, Donna ...

MS Excel Spreadsheet Formula
Does anyone know what is wrong with the following formula as given in Tushar Chande's book "The New Trader"? It is a 5 day linear regression. =INDEX(B2:B6,,{6},TRUE (2.4) I get "error in formula". wickersham ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

Sort by date in Excel 2002?
How to sort by year with this format Sept 9/03 Is the data formated to look like that or is it a text entry? if it is a format. It will sort just using any sorting procedure. if it is text use a helper column with =right(A1,2) "Betty" wrote: > How to sort by year with this format Sept 9/03 > ...

FRx export to Excel with formulas to work for XCR columns
The calculation column shows the wrong signs for revenue (normal balance = "C") rows when you export to excel using formulas. The issue is coming from the following setup in FRx: 1. The normal balance was set to “C” in the row format. 2. Print control that was set to use “XCR” in the column layout. 3. Including formulas when exporting to excel. RESPONSE FROM MBS We have found few bugs that were written regarding this issue. One of them states that this is working as designed. The reason they gave is because you should not include formulas when exporting to excel as it...

I need a formula to calculate 2-3 columns but skip a column if it has a zero
I'm building a Golf League spreadsheet and we want to calculate handicaps starting with the second week (calculates 2 weeks) and then after the 3rd week calculates every 3 weeks. Columns B-S are the individual weeks scores for each golfer (golfers listed by row 4-33), each column (b-s) has a formula which pulls the golfers score from the input worksheet(weekly input) to this worksheet(scorecard). Starting with Column V we are trying to have the running handicap for the year which changes each week. Column W is the first week handicap =AVERAGE(B4-36)*0.8 (this ones easy) Column X is the se...

64 bit versions of Excel
Are there 64 bit versions of Excel 2003 or 2007? If so, is there a way to tell if it is 64 bit via vba? Bob Flanagan Bob, I believe that Excel 2010 is the first version that offers 64 bit. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:Oo9rHYEcKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Are there 64 bit versions of Excel 2003 or 2007? If so, is there a way to > tell if it is 64 bit via vba? > > Bob Flanagan > ...