Excell Cells: Auto Formatting

I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit
information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row
 and it wont extend. What can I do?

When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit
>information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row
> and it wont extend. What can I do?

0
Gord
2/10/2010 12:01:48 AM
How do I just have it automatically do that for me without granting them that
permission?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit
> >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row
> > and it wont extend. What can I do?
>
> .

Before protecting the sheet set cells to wrap text and rows to autofit.

Then protect the sheet and only allow "select unlocked cells"

The wrapping and autofitting will happen.

Gord

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:16:06 -0800, Sophie
<Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I just have it automatically do that for me without granting them that
>permission?
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> When protecting the sheet allow users to format cells and rows.
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:14:01 -0800, Sophie <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have protected a workesheet and unfortunately when the people submit
>> >information on the cells and it is too long than the actual height of the row
>> > and it wont extend. What can I do?
>>
>> .

0
Gord

conditional formatting sort

formatting dates by year #2
I would like to know if there is a way to format dates so that they are formatted by year only. For example, if I click on Format -> Cells, there are a bunch of options, but none of them list to show the year only, just mm/dd/yy or mm/yy, etc. I am trying to create a chart so that only the year shows up. Also, I have tried doing Custom->and "yyyy" in type, but only 1 specific year shows up (i.e. 1905) for all the values. I would like to keep my values. Thanks much! ...

Looking for Excel Help

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

default values in a cell