Excel2000: Strange behaviour for one cell in workbook

Hi

The situation:
There is a Excel workbook used for registering working time in firm
departments, created earlier. The worksheets are protected, and I don't have
the password, as author isn't working here anymore. The workbook is stored
as read-only on network resource, and monthly every department is copying it
to local computer and filling the table.

The table's body has 2 rows data for every employee with 31 columns for
month's dates, and several protected summary columns. For every date,
working hours or some code string is entered into according cell. One of
codes, and one causing the problem,  is 'L'.

At bottom of table in some range of cells (columnwise) the used codes with
explanation are displayed, something like:
'L - L�hetus t��p�eval'

It was all working fine, until recently we discovered, that in one
particular cell, when 'L' was entered, it changed automatically to 'L -
L�hetus t��p�eval'. And as result, the sum in according summary column
didn't count it.

The AutoCorrect feature for workbook was disabled. And there weren't any
code modules present in VBA-Project window. All other codes worked fine in
same cell. When I copyed some empty cell from elsewhere, and pasted into
strange one, the problem remained. The same for copying cell formats. But
when I copyied a code 'L' from elsewhwre, the cell worked as it must.

Has somebody a clue what was there on?

Arvi Laanemets

0
arvi (37)

Duplicating a workbook only with cell's values
Hello every body, I have a complex workbook. It it is becaming a little bit difficul to work into it. It is possible to do a copy of this workbook but thi copy should have only cell�s values not cell�s formulas. As I said thi workbook is complex to replecate sheet by sheet to another workbook an do the paste especial process. thank you in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Adrix There is no option to save it like this Try this macro on a copy of your workbook Sub test() Worksheets.Select Cells.Copy Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues Cells(1).Select Worksheets(1).S...

Keeping the Same Cell References
What's the easiest way of copying a cell with a formula in it and pasting it into another cell with the exact same formula? I also have ASAP utlities, and I couldn't figure out how to do it with that either. One way: Remove the = sign before copying and re-insert it in the new location after pasting -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "JP" <JohnP26@msn.com> wrote in message news:qfian3pttvr0ju1eddj97quhiqon28snfl@4ax.com... | What's the easiest way of copying a cell with a formula in it and | pasting it into another cell with the exact same for...

Re: Find last cell in a column, Delete its contents and make it ac
Sub uselastcellinL() Application.Goto Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp) ActiveCell.ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Sub deletelastcellinL() > Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Delete shift:=xlUp > End Sub > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:D...

Cell Reference Formula Outside Workbook
I am trying to reference a cell outside of my current spread sheet. I am using a cell in my current sheet as an input for the extension of the file I would like to look in. So I have this defined as LINK. And the value of link is something like C:\\Myfolder\ready.xls I am trying to set up a formula in my sheet that will use this reference to the cell on the first page, which I defined as LINK so when I change the value of the cell all my values will update to the new folder and document, but retain their previous page, column and row references. For example. My current formula reads [...

How to alphabetize 8 columns as one?
I have a list of 350 customers that references a grid location. I need to print this list in 8 columns to minimize the pages that print with the map. To get this to print, I have been cutting and pasting; very time consuming when 1 item changes. How can I sort the columns to avoid redoing the print copy each time? The easist way will be to have the actual data stored as a single column. Let's say its located in column A, starting at A1. If you want to make 8 columns, with a limit of 45 entires per column, you could use this formula: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)+(COLUMN(A1)-1)*45) ...

Stored Procedure details in one query
Hi all, can anyone help in getting below information from all stored procedure from one DB we have 100 procedure in one DB of sql server 2005.instead if of manully getting info for each procedure i want all below details in one shot or one query Procedure Name : Input Parameter : Output Parameter : Called By : Calls : Dependent tables : Thanks in advance Abhi (bawejaji@gmail.com) writes: > can anyone help in getting below information from all stored > procedure > from one DB > we have 100 procedure in one DB ...

Printing problem
Something in Excel has popped up; something new which is driving me NUTS! I had a document which I was printing to a file and then making into a PDF. It was about 17 pages and was printing FINE. OK, then I needed to make a couple more pages for notes. So I copied a couple sheets like I normally did to create new sheets and made my notes pages. NOW, however, when I go to print the dang thing, it prints IN SEVERAL FILES. It used to print in ONE file so I could make my PDF file out of it. But now, NOOOOOO. When printing it keeps prompting me for new filenames. This is driving me NUTS!!!! ...

count cell with background color 36
First I want to count the number of cells in a range that have text in them. Then I want to count how many of these cells have the back ground color 36 Oldjay This will achieve what you want for a continuous range, Column A in this example. Change the variables to suit. Take care Marcus Option Explicit Sub MyCount() Dim lw As Integer Dim counter As Integer Dim MyConstant As Integer Dim i As Integer lw = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row counter = 0 MyConstant = Range("A2" & lw).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Count MsgBox "The...

Ooh .. Linking a list to a list to an output cell
I have a single cell in which i enter the price of a home. Elsewhere, I have two columns of ten items each: one column is formulated to give relative prices based on the price entered in the single cell, and the column adjacent to this column describes these numbers in nominal terms (i.e. ten items in increments of five percent: "25% more" .. " 0% change" .. "25% less"). Further along, I have a list box created which uses the nominal column at the Source for the list. I would like to have a cell adjacent to the list box cell which will give the price b...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

User has full access by default in one company
I am on Dynamics 10, and have 5 companies within. For all time prior, every user was set up as an Accounting Manager within each company. I have created a security role to prevent users from being able to print checks, and it works perfectly on 2/5 companies. However on the remaining 3 I noticed that I still had complete access to everything as my test user. I removed ALL security roles, and STILL could access Transactions,Inquiry, Reports and cards (and all subcategories therein). My thinking is that there has to be an original setting / task somewhere from which the user is i...

How to setup buy 10 get one free
Is there a module that can set rules for the sale of free goods? Suppose a retailer wants to do a special promotion. He wants to give away 1 unit free if a customer buys 10 units of an item. I just had another look at the Extended Pricing module. The documentation suggests that it should be able to do this. Now all I need is the bundled pricing. "jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eLC9acO9FHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a module that can set rules for the sale of free goods? > > Suppose a retailer wants to do a special promoti...

Wait activity not firing in workflow, very strange one
First thanks all for your time on this strange case, can't figure work why it is happening like this. A simple work flow is fired when an entity is created, so Oncreate... Wait formxxx.xxx.value = 'yes' End wait Dosomething OK firstly it is Network Service account running the workflow service, and it has the complete permission as a domain administrator, so no permission issue here. Secondly we have two CRM system, which is exactly the same besides one has rollup 2 applied and the other doesn't. All this workflow things runs perfectly fine on the one where NO rollup ...

Locking cells #7
Is it possible to lock the cells with conditio. I want to lock all the cells after one week from the certain date on the sheet. for Ex. $A$23 cell have the date 15 Aug 2005 and i want to lock the cell $C$8 to $H$23 after one week from that date. so that no one can change the data. Thanks in advance By default all cells are locked. You would need to unlock all desired and then have a macro to lock the desired cells. Sub lockcells() Range("b1:d12").Locked = False If Date > Range("a4") + 15 Then Range("b1:b4").Locked = True End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesA...

Pls Help me for install different version office on one computer
As I have old version of account software I must keep MSWord 2000 & MSExcel 2000 on my computer. However,I only get license of standard version of office(without access 2000) I try to install office office XP(with access xp) on my computer. So I install office xp (choose access xp only) and I keep excel 2000 & word 2000 on the computer. However I found that I can't use " export" function to excel2000 on access xp. when I do it so,the computer become hang and no response.and then I can't open excel again. Thx help me for doing so I don't know if this will hel...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

Move one shape independent of others
How can I move one shape without having all the shapes connected to it to also move? For example, in an org chart I may want to move a supervisor shape up so I can put a note under the box. Every subordinate also moves up so I have to seletc them all and move them down. Hi Karl, I've looked for options and tried a few ideas, but it look like you're stuck -- you've got to select all the subordinates and move them : ( -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes Visio programming info: http://www.visguy.com/category/pro...

help with quote program using muliple prices for one quantity {cross post}
Okay, Forgive me ahead of time, I really don't know much about Excel. I can work with templates and create simple formulas but alot of what I read here comes across as "Excelspeak" to me. Here is what I want to do: I have a price list sheet created. This price list has cells labled by name and then "duration", basically for every item there are four prices, based on duration of a rental or sale. I want to create a quote program that will pull data from the price list based on the quantities entered in the quote program. For example Price list is "System A, des...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

stop rounding in cell
i want the numbers in my cells to show as they are without being rounded but to show in thousands. I want to maintain integrity. Eg. 97,654 should just show as 97. i don't want it to round up or down. is this possible? Hi Try =INT(A1/1000) but note anything less than 1000 will show as 0. Regards Roger Govier Lady112017 wrote: > i want the numbers in my cells to show as they are without being rounded but > to show in thousands. I want to maintain integrity. Eg. 97,654 should just > show as 97. i don't want it to round up or down. is this possible? Try this formula: ...

view cell content in header
Hi folks Can I customise the header so the left section = the content of a cell in the sheet eg A1. All I seem to be able to do is add date, page etc etc.. thanks john Images of home (NZ) http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home What we are up to in the UK http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz You need some VBA code to do this: You can use the workbook_beforeprint event to modify the header. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub This goes behind the ThisW...

Click Entering Absolute Cell References into a Formula
When one is in the process entering a formula into an EXCEL spreadsheet it is possible to click on another cell to automatically have this cell reference placed into the formula. However this entry always is entered as a RELATIVE cell reference. Is there a way to have EXCEL insert an ABSOLUTE cell reference into the formula?? It seems to me that it would be so common and yet I have never been able to figure this one out. Please Help Michael Karas Hi Michael! Is this what you want? Click the cell and then press F4. F4 acts as a toggle going through the four reference options. -- ...

The Code One
http://www.thecodeone.com/vb/index.htm ...

Excel exact copy workbook to workbook HELP NEEDED !!
I have looked everywhere for this answer and I turn to the news groups to find the answer. I wish to copy a group of formulas from one excel workbook to another excel workbook. I could drag and drop but all the fomulas now reference the original workbook in their formulas. This is not what I wish to see. I need it to be an exact copy. I am dealing with way too much data to retype it all. Basically I want page six of the second workbook to look exactly like page six from the original workbook. John, Try this in Windows Explorer. Select the file. Menu pick edit/copy, then edit/ past...