Excel XP crashes when printing, etc.

When I use Excel, there are some functions that cause the
application to crash.  These include printing, changing
font attributes and other common operations.  The
application error info is: AppName: excel.exe AppVer:
10.0.6501.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217
Offset: 00033905

I have tried repairing my installation as well as
deleting the entire Office XP install and doing it again
from scratch.  I am running all current WinXP and Office
XP patches from the Windows Update and Office Update
sites.

Any Ideas?

Sounds like your print driver is bad.  You might check at the manufacturer
for a better on.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Bryan Dooley" <bryan.dooley@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
> When I use Excel, there are some functions that cause the
> application to crash.  These include printing, changing
> font attributes and other common operations.  The
> application error info is: AppName: excel.exe AppVer:
> 10.0.6501.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217
> Offset: 00033905
>
> I have tried repairing my installation as well as
> deleting the entire Office XP install and doing it again
> from scratch.  I am running all current WinXP and Office
> XP patches from the Windows Update and Office Update
> sites.
>
> Any Ideas?

Appending Excel data into an Access table while inserting the file name
I have a loop in an Access 2003 database that appends records from multiple Excel files within a given directory. The name of each Excel file cycles through one variable (ImpFileName) as its records are imported, but I also need to add the Excel file name to each record. I wanted to assign the value of ImpFileName to the DefaultValue property of the FileName field in the table as part of the DoWhile loop, but something is wrong with my syntax. My code is below, but only works if I comment out the line that assigns the DefaultValue property. Any help would be much appreciated! Dim tdf...

don't insert quotes in excel save as tab-delim txt
I wish to export from an excel spreadsheet file to a tab-delimited text file - WITH NO QUOTES around any of the entries. They are not necessary, because tabs - not commas are the delimiters. I was quite disappointed that from changing to the older version of excel, which had a configurable export function, where I could specify "no quotes please" to excel 2000, I cannot specify this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Converting an Excel formula to an Access query formula
Hi All, In our office we are using Touchpaper Helpdesk (effectively its a database for Call logging in a Telephony centre). In the data tables it records dates as a large Integer .i.e the date 24/05/2004 appears in the database tables as 131335448. I am using Microsoft Access 97 to connect to the tables through ODBC and it works fine however I want to search on data between dates however I have only calculated a formula in Excel. Below is the formula in Excel that converts the date integer into a usuable date format of "dd/mm/yyyy" , note that the field [DB DATE ENCODED FIEL...

Simplify excel formula
I have this very long formula and need to simplify it =IF(Type="P",VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="A",VLOOKUP(A_Person,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="M",VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE)))) If anyone could help I would be on happy girl thanks Hi! >very long formula LOL! <g> You can eliminate the last lookup since it uses the same arguments as the first lookup: =IF(OR(Type={"P","M"}),VLOOKUP(Player,Fees_Table,2,FALSE),IF(Type="A",VLOOKUP(A_Person,Fees_Table,2,FALSE))) Biff "Lulu" <Lulu@discussio...

What about routing numbers when printing checks
I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are compatable with money, and was looking forward to printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within margins, but i notice that there arent any routing numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:55 -0700, "MGidish" <MGidish@cox-internet.com> wrote: >I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are >compatable ...

Report printing on two pages versus one page
We are on GP 9.0. I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently. When they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer. However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job number/same report) prints on 2 pages. I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem. If I have the Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, t...

How do I show hidden column and row headings in excel?
How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? Excel displays only unhidden rows and columns, and their headings. But if you make the width or height small enough, it might still be possible to see the heading and not the data. However, this becomes more difficult as you move to column AB or row 101. "Mildred" <Mildred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D83F4B-289A-49A6-9057-23365EAFB300@microsoft.com... > How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? ...

problem launching excel #2
I am using MSOFFXP ... I cannot get excel to come up by double clicking on my file....I hav to launch the excel program, click on open find the file and the select it... even if excel is running minimized clicking on a file in the explore will not open that file...the only way for me to open my files is b going through the excel program... my word program works as advertised... any suggestions?? Thanks \\ G -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try a...

CDO crashes OL 2003
Hello, I've installed Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and additionally CDO Hotfix KB818709 solving interworking problems with Outlook 2003. CDO works fine as long as I use OL Xp or ealier or do not start OL 2003 on the same development system. If OL2003 is started then the following simple CDO code crashes OL 2003 when accessing the basic session properties: Dim oCdoSession: Set oCdoSession CreateObject("MAPI.Session") oCdoSession.Logon "", "", False, False msgbox oCdoSession.Name & " " & oCdoSession.CurentUser.Name After OL crashes the oCdoSessi...

Printing problem with amalgamated cells
Hi, When I print a form I created, some characters are missing in merged written cells. When I uncheck this option it prints correctly. But, it is better when I write in a table's location to have the whole package of cells united. Any ideas to fix that? Thx! Werner -- Werner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24304 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384646 If I can assume that "amalgamated" is your language's w...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

update on printing?
i have a workbook that i have listed lots of values to link into other spreadsheets. i have lots of other spreadsheets with links pointing back to the other spreadsheet. when i try to print one of the individual (or more) spreadsheets i get a message asking if i want to udpate or not. i say 'yep update'. the spreadsheet then opens changes all the 'saved' numbers or text to an error 'NAME' and prints that instead of updating tthe file and printing the correct numbers. how do i fix this so it will do the update, then print. hopefully without having to open each indi...

Coupon Printing at POS
Is there a way to print coupons after a sale using a Epson TM-T88III? YES, use the footer image on the RMS receipt format as a coupon. Make a wide x Long px bmp.file; That is a big as you can go on the Epson TM-T88III. The printer Dell carried for a short time made by microstar can print a bmp wide x Long px bmp file. The image really can be as longer but this is what I use. Then put the image on the register in the path that use detail in the RMS--> Manager --> Register List--> Receipt Format--> Properties. that is going to print the coupon. We also creates a hook and dl...

Import more than one .csv file into the same Excel file.
I have several .csv files which were created by saving data from Word forms. I want to be able to import all the files into the same Excel file. I have used the Get External data, Import text file commands to import the first, but this is not available to import the second. If I choose the Edit import option it replaces the row of data I already have from my first import. I am using Excel 2003. Why dont you merge the .csv files together using MS- DOS copy command. --Copy all .csv files to a single folder (say c:\temp\) --From command line type the command copy c:\temp\*.csv c...

How do I print addresses on individual postcards ?
How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. Is this possible on Microsoft Word? "LuRa" <LuRa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569B3FE-42B1-4307-A79E-E7678B934F70@microsoft.com... > How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? > I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. > Is this possible on Microsoft Word? Use the Publisher Mail Merge feature. I know it's a four-letter word, but Publisher 2003 Help will prov...

Making invoices from inventory on Excel
I have all my inventoy on a spreadsheet but I want to be able to create invoices for my small business. DOes Excel have that ability or do this or I need to purchase another program? I need to create very basic costumer invoices but I do need the ability to discount items for sales asnd such....Any help would be great. Hi you may search Google for 'excel invoice template' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joey2509" <joey2509@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:20041116063310.06154.00000390@mb-m21.aol.com... > I have all my inventoy on a spreadsheet but ...

Excel 07 to Access 03 ??
Can I import a large (794,000 rows) Excel 2007 file into Access 2003? ...

Formating excel fields to access format fields
Hi all, Is it possible to make any equivalency between the type format of access to the type format of the excel i face this problem when trying to append excel linked table one type format that was the more problematic was to find the correct type format in the excel to adinteger(3) that is accually long integer,it was all the time giving the type format of double(5) any comments for this matter and in global to the type format matter Hi Donica, can you expatiate please the meaning of unique number i didnt understand it so much can you show me examples as well? Donica =D7=9B=D7=AA=D7=91: &...

how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page
how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page without any margin If your postcard is the standard 14.65cm x 11.05cm you can't. If you don't care if it is standard or not just divide your A5 stock in half, each card will be 14.8cm x 10.5cm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shree" <shree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4444CA0A-6BD2-4724-A512-6DE9744F1623@microsoft.com... > how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page without any margin Hi Mary, than...

Anyone know how to do this in Excel?
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/466/excel7no.jp -- Funky ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FunkyT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=699 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48219 I am sure loads of people do, but if you are not going to be more explicit than that I cannot see them bothering. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "FunkyT" <FunkyT.1xz7zy_1131114601.8369@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:FunkyT.1xz7zy_...

Open multiple file cause excel to freeze
Hi all I'm using several files each using external links to applications like Reuters 3000 Xtra and Bloomberg. When I open each files separatly, I'm asked to refresh the links and the file opens without problem. If I open two or three of this file, Excel freezes on the opening of the last one. I have to kill the process in order to close Excel. These files are used by many of my users, some have Reuter and Bloomberg, some have only reuter or Bloomberg, and some have none. Here is what I noticed : There are freezes only if the user does NOT have Bloomberg installed, but, there...

Outlook 2003 crashes when I trying to print mails
Hi Folks!!, I have a issue with Outlook 2003. When I open a mail to print it causes a crash and Outlook is closed with a error message. I have locked on event viewer and I can see the next error: Tipo de suceso: Error Origen del suceso: Microsoft Office 11 Categor�a del suceso: Ninguno Id. suceso: 1000 Fecha: 13/03/2009 Hora: 13:30:31 Usuario: No disponible Descripci�n: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2600.0, stamp 3b842046, debug? 0, fault address 0x001e9b62. Para obtener m�s informaci�n, vea el Centro de ayu...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...

Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet
I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was emailed to me by a co-worker. It's an existing file so I don't know what restrictions were placed on the workbook. What can I do to fix this problem? If the sheet is protected, unprotect it. You may need a password. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDA314-BE7...

Print-out of Calendar?
Is there a way to show the start and end times of an event when printing out a month view of my Outlook 2003 calendar instead of just the start time? are you using portrait or landscape? do the end times show in the calendar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting h...