Excel version problem

Hi,

I created an excel spreadsheet in Excel 97 but every time I go to save
it, I get the message:

"This workbook contains features that are not supported by the file
format that you selected. To avoid the possible loss of formatting
information, be sure to save a copy of the most recent Microsoft Excel
Workbook format."

I try saving the file as normal Microsoft Excel  (as opposed to
Microsoft Excel 5.0  or other formats but I still get the message.

Thanks guys.
0
jamie2108 (7)

Help with Excel
I have windows xp on my new computer and it don't support excel, i have file on my old computer with excel how can i get excel to work with my xp version You will need to put Excel on your new machine - it is NOT part of Windows. If you have the Excel or MS Office disk from the old machine you can use that to install the applications on the new PC. Of course, once you have it running you must uninstall the apps for the old PC. You can install Excel 97, Excel 2000, Excel 2002 or Excel 2003 on the new PC. If you do not have the disks then you are in for a shopping spree. Best wishes Berna...

If I want to buid a simple database for customer details, should I use Excel or Access?
I want to buid up a database for store detailed information of customers. The key words would be contained Customer's name, contact, visited time, email address links ( That can be easily used for sending emails). I wonder which program is better, Excel or Access? I am thinking that Excel is more common to use. And If I set up Excel, its data can be imported to Access. There are two clues here. The first is "database" - Access is the database application. The second is that, in spite of that, you fancy Excel, probably because you are more comfortable with Excel. It is yo...

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

ODBC server changed
Hi I have some Excel 97 files that used to pull in data from a Unix box using an ODBC driver (U/SQL from Transoft). We have upgraded to a new server which has a different IP address and now the embedded queries have stopped working. Is there any way to change the data source in the Excel 97 file? I noticed by opening the file with a text editor that the old IP address is buried in there but I can't change it as it corrupts the file. The query was created with Data > Get External Data > Create New Query. It has not been saved as a separate MS Query file. If I do manage to edi...

Linking to Another Excel File (File Name Changes)
Hi, I have 2 separate Excel file worksheets. Basically, one file is updated each month and will have a different name (example: File052007 for May, File062007 for June, File072007 for July, etc.). Currently, I'm trying to link cells in my other file to the updated file, but I don't know how to set the link so that it can change each month. I was trying the concatenate or (A1&A2&A3) options to try to link cells together, but haven't had much luck. Here is what the formula should look like: ='C:\FOLDER\[File052007.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1 I made 2 cells in this worksheet ...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Access Import Problem
I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet into Access 2002 w/SP3 loaded. All goes well until it actually starts the import then I get the following error: "You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property |." Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? I saw alot of posts that talked about coding errors but this is a simple import. Thanks for your help ...

Assistance Needed in Comparing 2 MSP versions from differenct sour
I am attempting to compare 2 projects in MSP 2003. I have both open and am using the compare functionality. I am aware that the Unique ID field is a key component and have noted that often these do not match for the same line item from one version to the next as different individuals are preparing this project. When I insert a new line to attain the same Unique ID between both projects for a specific line, and subsequently delete the old line, the compare still does not recognize that these 2 lines are associated and the same. I cannot do this for all lines, but even as a tes...

Adding and subtracting hours in Excel 2000 worksheet
I'm having some success with the addition part but not with the subtracting part! I have an Excel spreadsheet that is used to keep track of time worked by staff on a weekly basis and I need to keep track of the overtime worked. For example, one staff member has worked 40 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds in a week (displayed in a cell as 40:54:25 with the cell formatted as Category: --> Time and Type:--> 37:30:55). I then went to subtract 40 hours from the total hours worked to get the overtime displayed and thats where I'm having the problem. I tried the format of "=F9 -...

Problem with msFlexGrid
I'm using an msFlexGrid in my VB6 program. Have it set up with 4 columns. The Format property is set to "<|<|<|<". I'm displaying records from an Access database: looping down thru the db, adding rows to the grid. Everything works fine with one exception: If the string being displayed in the 4th column begins with a number, the string is right-justified - in spite of the format specification. (If it begins with a letter then it's left-justified as it's supposed to be). Now, FWIW, I'm using this same grid in another part of the program to ...

Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. Since about 2 months ago I am not able to SEND my e-mails using POP3 account if "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" option is checked or if I use mail-merge feature in Word. I have reinstalled my system and all the applications but the problem still persists. Both Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro are fully updated. Please HELP. Very Frustated <SpamThis@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. Since about 2 months ago > I am not able to SEND my e-mails using POP3 account ...

Problems propagating user name changes to the global address list
May I start by saying that I do not in any way profess to be an Exchange administrator, I'm just trying to resolve this one (simple?) problem. To summarise, I am working with a small network (about 10 clients) with a Small Business Server 2003 server. All users have already been created and have their own email set-up which they access on their workstation via Outlook. All fairly standard stuff. During the set-up (some time ago!) one user's first name was spelt incorrectly. This has become more than a little niggling to said user and so I've been asked to correct it. No...

Version Comparison 9.0 to 10.0
Dear Experts, I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google" isnt helping. I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to support it... Thanks much in advance! -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA Girish, This post might help: http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2007/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0.aspx Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85...

Microsoft Excel #2
Why can't I close my Excel application by clicking the x button in the upper right hand corner of the application. This is Excel 2002. Is there a way to do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Seum Is the "x" button grayed out and unavailable? Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-i...

table of contents in excel
Does anybody know how to create a dynamic table of contents in Excel (similar to Words TOC). Or alternatively how to insert the current page number into a cell so that it can be cross-referenced. Thanks Nick Hi Nick, See David McRitchies TOC page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman "nickH" <nickH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28FEEDC1-6091-4FC4-BD5C-5CE2A6116A5E@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to create a dynamic table of contents in Excel > (similar > to Words TOC). Or alternatively ho...

excell formula needed
Hi, In Excell, I'm trying to match a cell (eg H21,with a num value (eg 2530) to a column of figures (M34:M99) that has one match in it and produce a grading A, B, C, D from a column (N34:N99). Anyone have any ideas? Rob. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =Vlookup(H21,$M$34:$N$99,2,false) Bernard "terrificRob" <terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > In Ex...

opening excel document with shell as read only
Hello, I am presently using access to open an excel file by using the shell command. Is it possible by some command e.g. \readonly to open the excel file as read only? Cheers If you're automating excel from another program, you may be able to just create an instance of excel and open your workbook readonly: This worked for me from MSWord: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myXL As Object On Error Resume Next Set myXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") If Err.Number = 429 Then Set myXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") End If On Error GoTo 0 myXL.Visible =...

Scroll Bars Do Not Appear in Excel XP
One of our Office XP for Small Business users (running Win XP Pro SP 2) is no longer able to see the horizontal scroll bar in any of his Excel files -- files that used to display correctly a few days ago. He also can no longer see the three colored buttons in the top right of the screen (for Minimize, Zoom, Close). The scroll bars are set to display in the Prefs and we haven't changed any settings on our monitor -- any idea what we should do? Are the windows just not maximized? Try double clicking on the title bar at the top of the file and see if it snaps back into place. Lee &g...

OEx Version 6 won't open
I'd downloaded Outlook Express Version 6 months ago. Two days ago, it will not open: the frame comes up with the folder listing on the left and the download bar a little over halfway thru it's run, then it stops and the pop-up comes up stating "this program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down." The details are as follows: MSIMN caused an exception c0000006H in module DIRECTDB.DLL at 0167:01af5556. I cannot find that on any support/troubleshooting site for OLEX 6. Can anyone help??? try www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/index.htm for troubleshootin...

Error reassigning leads following upgrade to version 4
Hi, We are experiencing an issue when trying to reassign a lead to another user. Whenever we do we get the following error : CrmException: More than one user queue was found for the given object.] at Microsoft.Crm.CrmException.Assert(Boolean condition, String message) at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.QueueServiceInternal`1.GetUserQueueWithObject(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, Guid userId, ExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.QueueItemService.RouteToUser(BusinessEntityMoniker objectMoniker, Guid userIdOfCurrentObjectOwner, Guid primaryUserIdOfQueueToRouteTo, Execut...

Macro Not Loading XLSART excel
I have created a macro and placed into the xlstart folder and the macro will load at first. At some point, the macro stops loading, yet the macro is still in the xlstart folder. Any thoughts? S Macros don't load from the XLSTART folder. Workbooks load from the XLSTART folder. The macro must be in workbook. Is your macro stored in a file named Personal.xls or in another workbook? Is the macro in a general module or Thisworkbook module or Worksheet module. Show us your macro code. More information please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:05:49 -0700, "S Crowel...

Problem with voting buttons
I am learning Outlook 2003 on my home computer, and I have Outlook set up to use my two email accounts. If I'm writing a message and I click the Accounts toolbar button to change from my default email account to the other account, the two spaces that normally appear above the automatic signature dissapear, so the cursor ends up on the same line as my signature. Is there a way to keep this from happening when selecting the non-default email account to send an email? Set up a signature for that account that does what you want it to?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of C...

Getting data from Access to Excel?
How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like weekly reports) Troy, Data|Get External Data|New Database Query Select MS Access Database The Wizard should take you through the remaining steps of selecting the data you want to import and the criteria (if any) that you wish to use. PC "Troy" <corptkm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nLDXa.3726$Jk5.3138269@feed2.centurytel.net... > How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like > weekly reports) > > You can also push-it-out of Access to Excel by (While...

still can't use Entourage, PowerPoint, Excel
I posted here several weeks ago and this problem couldn't be resolved then -- not entirely, anyway. I'm trying again because I haven't been able to find anything more anywhere else, and there WAS one thing I did right that I would like to duplicate -- plus, I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint when this problem started. When it started, I'm fairly certain, was when I downloaded the last Software Update of Office for Mac. This had to have been right around April 18, because I remember having downloaded the update late at night while I was working on something else, then rather th...