excel VBA - searching a range

How would i search a range of a whole column instead of specific cells
like .Range("a1:a300")?

---

..range("a:a")
..columns(1)
..range("a1").entirecolumn

are a few ways.

"Zygoid <" wrote:

> How would i search a range of a whole column instead of specific cells
> like .Range("a1:a300")?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
2/1/2004 4:57:33 PM
ahhh! Thanks!!

I was trying .Column(1)

i see i neede an "s" in there

Thanks again

---

how do i do adding and subtracting on excel
help Angela, may need more information on what you want to do, but =A1+B1 =5+5 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "angela" <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE8405C-A82C-4E4F-8BF4-22121D79E1B6@microsoft.com... > help This is using a simple formula entered in cell A6 =sum(a3:a5) so now cell A6 will display the addition of A3 A4 and A5 similarly you could have a cell with the...

Excel Not Responding #2
Windows 2000 Professional running Office XP. When opening a file over the network from Windows 2000 Server, it takes a long time and in the task manager it shows "not responding" Then suddenly it opens. When copying the file locally, it opens immediately. The environment is 10/100 Switched network. This is happening on machines with 100Mb network cards and the server has a 100Mb card as well. Any ideas would be appreciated..... ...

View and Cell Sum Range
I am looking for a way to change the view i.e. change hidden columns representing months and change the cell range sum within a totals column depending on which view (month) is selected. I am able to change the view by month but the cell range in the totals column does not change with custom view feature. Is there anyway to do this at one time without having to create a new file for each month? Thank you. -- Dewayne Here is one I just did for a client that should give you the idea. This one hides all days that are not the day of the date in the target cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Chan...

Excel chart size
I am trying to create a standard Excel chart size so that I can copy the charts into Powerpoint. I have tried to put each chart on its own chart sheet. However, it seems that the size of the chart varies depending on which computer is used. Is there a way to create a custom sized chart sheet? Is there another way to create a standard sized graph in Excel that can be copied into Powerpoint? I would prefer to use chart sheets since they seem support linked Excel charts better. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not aware of this problem, and it may have to do with the zoomin...

Can I project an Excel spreadsheet without the menu bar?
Is there any way to "auto-hide" the worksheet menu bar in Excel the way we can "auto-hide" the taskbar? I want to project an Excel spreadsheet onto a screen but do not want the worksheet menu bar to be visible. Thank you to anyone who can help. Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, scroll down to Worksheet Menu Bar, and uncheck it. Or, with VBA, Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "DEN-RIK" <DEN-RIK@discussions.micros...

Importing excel contacts into Outlook
Getting ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed message saying 'Could not find installable ISAM' when I try to import an excel worksheet with contact details. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and that hasn't helped. In windows/system32 have file msexcl40.dll and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ACEEXCL.DLL exists. ...

Knowledge Base Search not working
Hello there! We have been working with CRM 1.2 for about 8 months. In some clients the Knowledge Base Search component works fine. In some others doesn't. No error messages, just it doesn't give any result, returns an empty grid. Is there anything we can do to fix it? Thank you, Elena The KB Search feature makes use of SQL Full text Search abilities. Users tell CRM to "index" a KB article by "Publishing" it... this is a 3 step process that goes like this: - Create the Article - Submit the Article - Approve (Publish) the Article Once the article is ...

VBA Customization History
Hi, Please let me know if there a way we can determine the customized VBA package import history in GP 10. Regards Sandeep, Not sure what you mean by "customized VBA package import history". However, this is what I interpret from your post: if you are looking to maintain a history of the changes done for a particular VBA customization, you may setup a project in say Visual SourceSafe and export a package file with the customization. You may version each file in Visual SourceSafe and add information as to the last time it was imported into GP. Best regards, -...

Transferring a two column excel file into outlook
Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries and would rather not enter them individually, surly there is a simple way to do this. Any suggestions? Condo <theCONDOmanager@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a simple way to transfer an excel file which has two > columns ,one for names the other for phone numbers, into my outlook > address book? I have a excel file with over a hundred such entries > and would rather not enter them in...

'save as' Excel attachment
When I try to do a 'save as' an Excel file that I received as attachment, the default save folder is an temporary internet folder. How can I change the default 'save as' folder? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Unable to close excel as a group from the task bar
Hi all, I have noticed (ok actually a user logged it) that when you have multiple worksheets open in excel (and they are grouped on the windows taskbar) you cant close minimise the group, in fact all the options in the right click menu are greyed out. I've had a look on the web and kind fine a few instances of people asking this question but no one seems to have an answer. ( i know i can untick windows in taskbar and just have one instance of excel but im curious why close group doesnt work) thanks in advance >>but im curious why close group doesnt work There are lots of que...

selecting multiple objects in Excel 2007
Hi there I have been using Excel 2003 until recently and have recently had to try Excel 2007 I have a worksheet with a chart on it and some labels. These labels contain text referring to the chart and are changed by macros. I have to sent this chart in a report and I do this by holding down shift and clicking the chart and the labels to select them all before copying it as a metafile into Word. This process works fine in Excel 2003, but I've found that I'm unable to select both the chart and the labels in Excel 2007 - When I click on the chart the labels are deselected and vi...

Excel 2003 (XP), automatic save documents
With the previous excel versions document one could have the file saved automatically every Minute if need be. Where is this function in Excel 2003?? If by error (and it happens too often) one closes a document without having saved it manually first, the entire 2 - 3 hour job could be lost, and there is no autorecovery file to be found either. Can anyone indicate me, if possible with print screens how this precious feature can be activated in Excel 2003? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. That feature's not available in XL03. However, Jan Karel Pieterse has an add-in a...

routing slip in Excel 2007
is there any work around? Thanks in advance LuisE, I noticed that you have posted this question at least twice. If you have yet to receive a response, it's likely that newsgroup users are unclear as to what you are looking to do. Can you be more explanatory in what you are trying to accomplish? Simply asking "is there any work around to the routing slip in Excel 2007" doesn't say much. I don't even know what you are referring to when you say "routing slip in Excel 2007." Best, Matthew Herbert "LuisE" wrote: > is the...

Downloaded files not opening in Mac Excel 2008 (MIME/XML)
Hello all, I'm trying to open a downloaded file in Mac Excel 2008. The file is being downloaded from a web-app using Firefox 3.5.6. When I do so I get the following in the excel grid: From: Financial Reporting Export Subject: Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:21:07 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; boundary="----=_NextPart_28248823" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Financial Reporting This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_28248823 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"...

Can I increase the view of a drop down list beyond 8 in Excel?
I created a drop down list from a group of more than 8 items (12 items). When the drop down list arrow is clicked, Excel shows the first eight than has the block on the right hand side to scroll down the list. I would like to see every item in the group at the same time. Is there a way to make my view longer to include all 12 items? Not if you used data|validation. dustinhess@jore wrote: > > I created a drop down list from a group of more than 8 items (12 items). > When the drop down list arrow is clicked, Excel shows the first eight than > has the block on the...

More than 1 cell reference/range in formula
Hi. To some formulas like countif(); sumif(), we can type 1 cell reference or cell range. How about if I wish to use to type more than 1 eg: countif(A1:A5, C1:C5, E1, E3, E5... However this method doesn't work. How to do? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi, How about something like this: =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"A2:A5","C1:C5","E1","E3","E5"}),">2")) Regards, KL "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:unRw38xsFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.p...

Cannot insert any chart in Excel 2007
Currently, I cannot insert any chart in Excel 2007 at my home PC using Windows XP. Even after I highlighted the data table and clicked Insert a line chart, there was nothing on display. However, when I used my laptop with Windows Vista to insert a line chart, it was successful. Does any expert know what is the cause and how to resolve this problem? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office Home package, but the problem still remained. It seems that chart function cannot work. Thank you. ...

Series equivalent in Excel 2000
Hi, Using Series in a chart it's easy to use a dynamic range of data within a chart. Unfortunately I'm using Excel 2000 so the series function isn't available. When I enter the range name Excel converts it to the real cell range. The range name is defined as: =OFFSET($B$1,COUNTA($E:$E)-70,0,70,1) (translated from dutch excel version) Is it possible to update the chart range automatically, maybe using the named range? Thanks for your effort. Kind regards, Gert In any version of Excel (97 through 2003) this is the behavior: you can enter a range name into the data range bo...

Excel check mark box
Is there a way to create a check mark box or some other way to select what records get printed from into a mailmerge document from excel. I would like to select them on the spreadsheet and not in the mailmerge wizard. I believe this can be done in a works spreadsheet, but can it be done in excel? In MSWord2002, I can "filter" on a column (select records based on a field's value). So maybe you could use a helper column with an indicator in it. Bob wrote: > > Is there a way to create a check mark box or some other > way to select what records get printed from int...

Calculating Clock start time in Excel
Hi, I am trying to calculate when an inquiry comes in to our helpdesk outside working hours and when it was answered based on the follwing example. Example: Working hours are 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. If inquiry comes after 17:00, then the inquiry is attended the next working day and an answer is guaranteed by the close of following working day. If the inquiry comes during working hours, again the garantee is for the answer by close of next working day. I need to be able to measure how long an inquiry has missed the promised deadline by. Can anyone help please? -- Hani Muhtadi -...

Excel copy + paste
When I open up a new Excel workbook and try to paste cells from another workbook it is pasting the cells as a ( bmp ) It actually pastes the cells as a picture and the picture tool opens. I can paste cells fine within the same workbook but once I open another workbook and try to paste into it this happens. Help!! You are opening the second workbook in its own instance of Excel so you have two instances running. They do not see each other so you get the behaviour you describe. Close one instance and workbook then open workbook again in the other single instance. To p...

Filtering out a time range
I have a field in an MS Access db that contains a date and time. I need to filter out a time range from that field eg. "6:00:00 am to 10:00:00 am" for all dates. How do I do this? Thanks. Use an additional calculated field like this --- Expr1: [YourDateField]-Int([YourDateField]) and criteria of --- Not Between #6:00:00 AM# And #10:00:00 AM# -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "KK" wrote: > I have a field in an MS Access db that contains a date and time. I > need to filter out a time range from that field eg. "6:00:00 am to > 10:00:00 am"...

Outlook 2003 blocking Word, Excel attachments
Have been thru all the help and online help which specifically says it does NOT block MS products, but mine does. When you try to open an attachment it says it is blocked for security and only allows you to save it. Everyone in my dept. has installed it from the same install, and I am the only one. I have tried repair and reinstalling from same with no change. Any ideas? ...

Excel 2007/format chart title/alignment/autofit
Why is 'Autofit' greyed out in Excel 2007/format chart title/alignment? (also greyed out are 'Internal margin' and 'Columns') ...