Excel VBA: How to select only rows containing data?

Hi all,

I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report.
The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd
like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for
those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing
data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000

Best regards,
Russell Somers

try
Sub setrowht()
For Each c In Selection
If c <> "" Then c.RowHeight = 63.75
Next
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Russell Somers" <russellsom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report.
> The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd
> like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for
> those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing
> data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000
>
> Best regards,
> Russell Somers

0
Don
11/25/2003 8:33:51 PM
Russell,

You need a column to test for. Let's assume A here, this selects all of
those cells

    Range("A1:A" & Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row).Select

and this sets the height for the required rows

    Rows("1:" & Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row).RowHeight = 63.75

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Russell Somers" <russellsom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report.
> The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd
> like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for
> those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing
> data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000
>
> Best regards,
> Russell Somers

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/25/2003 8:43:19 PM
Russell, you want have to select the range with this one, modified form
Don's
Sub setrowht()
For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
If c <> "" Then c.RowHeight = 63.75
Next
End Sub

--
Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000

"Russell Somers" <russellsom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report.
> The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd
> like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for
> those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing
> data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000
>
> Best regards,
> Russell Somers

0
pbridgesnews (182)
11/25/2003 8:59:18 PM
Perhaps just another way.  Cells looks at the entire sheet.  Adjust to your
range if required...

Sub Demo()
    On Error Resume Next
    Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).EntireRow.RowHeight = 63.75
    Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).EntireRow.RowHeight = 63.75
End Sub

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP  &  Office XP

"Russell Somers" <russellsom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report.
> The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd
> like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for
> those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing
> data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000
>
> Best regards,
> Russell Somers

0
delouis (422)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

data sort

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Help with importing data

Formula for cross tab data filling

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

predict future data