Excel user name

A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names -
cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca
use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup
short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message.

Can anyone help?

Thank

Hi
msgbox application.username

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - i
> cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that
can
> use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup
> short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Excel Adding years or months to a date
I want to be able to add months or years to a date. For example 25/4/05 + 9 months 25/4/05 + 15 years. I am using Excel 2000. The standard way is: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+9,DAY(A1)) to add 9 months. For 15 years try: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+15,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Joan" wrote: > I want to be able to add months or years to a date. > > For example 25/4/05 + 9 months > 25/4/05 + 15 years. > > I am using Excel 2000. On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:54:03 -0700, "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to be able to a...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

how to arrange list by first or last name
I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any combination of first name, last name, city, state, and or phone number? hi can you give examples of how your list is layed out. i am thinking a helper column with an extraction formula might work. regards FSt1 "Andy" wrote: > I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address, > and phone numbers. I like to know how you can review the list by any > combination of first name, last name, c...

excel export available
I have a query that I wish to export the results to Excel. However, the Excel button on the Export Data tab is grayed out? It used to work. Any ideas of what makes the Excel Export unavailable? Thanks, Mike ...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

Import contacts from Excel
I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand type each email? thanks "angie" <angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64042F86-62E0-4D42-B9CE-49C134DB4B7B@microsoft.com... >I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can > import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand > type each email? You can't import into a DL. Instead import into your Contacts and assign categories to ...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

Excel is not counting
merry x'mas In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same number instead counting. How to change so as to count? -- Life isa journey not a destination Do the same while holding the CTRL Pressed. Micky "Sherees" wrote: > merry x'mas > In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to > count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same > number instead counting. How to change so as to...

Random Sampling in Microsoft Excell 2002
Hi, I'm trying to create a random sample using the Data Analysis tool in Excell. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to make a non-repeating sample. I want all the observations in the sample to be unique. How do I do this without manually deleting the repeat entries on the output worksheet? next to the entries, put in the formula =Rand() then drag fill down the column. Sort the data and this column with this column as the key. Then take the top "n" items. Regards, Tom Ogilvy "EJ Ford" <edseljoe@earthlink.net> wrote in mess...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Excel Formulae #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Add a Word Document as a Tab in an Excel Document
I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing. Maybe... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F814119-2FA1-4BA6-92EB-C524C8C3820C@microsoft.com... > I work on s...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

running excel in background
I'd like to run a program that writes values from one cell to another with a VBA program that is triggered by the clock. I've completed this part but, since I use active cells, you can't run another workbook without the clock activating the cell in the active worksheet. It needs to run in the background all day long. - ideas? will it run in the background if I don't activate cells? Try launching another instance of Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Don" <thedonallen@yahoo.com&g...

how do why update my Excel microsoft office
how do why update my Excel microsoft office If you have office 5, you probably would want to update -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D951DBF-43DE-4C65-8CAC-B4E73DC572FD@microsoft.com... > how do why update my Excel microsoft office ...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Last name, first name
I have a list with lastname, firstname in a cell. I would like to change it to firsname lastname. Any clues? officexp. Thank you. Mich - Insert a column after your name column, highlight the name column, go to Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, select comma, finish. This will give you two columns, lastname, firstname. Insert a column before your lastname column. Move the firstname column to the new column. Your third column should now be blank. Enter in the formula =CONCATENATE(,A1," ",B1)in the third column. This will put your firstname space lastname in the third ...

2007 user levels
I only have a limited knowledge but have previously developed a number of relational databases using Access that have worked very well. If user level access has been removed in 2007 how do i stop some users accessing confidential data, while still allowing them to use other parts of the database. The data base will run on a simple pier to pier network, with one machine holding data and Access installed on all machines, so do not have MS Server. please help Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03658D-236C-47BC-9F09-FC91674862D0@microsof...

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos
how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Hi what exact error message do you get and does this happen all the time for all files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany osborne4 wrote: > how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in > MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to > microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Sounds like you...