Excel to PDF

When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are
dropped without giving any error messages.  How can I fix
this ?  I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat
4.
0
rmolloy (1)

Duplicate entries in excel spreadsheet
I have lists of attendees to an annual event. I've taken the lists and combined them, and sorted them by first and last name alpha. I want to keep the names and corresponding collumns for those that attended my event more than once and dump the rest. Is there a way to sort them quickly as i have over 15,000 names. Cheers! I'd insert two new columns before the list, say A and B. In the first data row in B, say B2, I'd enter a formula that combines the first and last names to create a field the uniquely identifies each record: =C2&D2 and copy it down to all records. N...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

'Save As' hangs Excel XP 2002 SP3
I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be copied to the Network Share. Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine. ...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Excel combinations from groups
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

newbie to SQL trying to do a report in Excel
I have a SQL query I want to write to pull data to add weely node utilization percentages. The db is area--->headend--->router--->routerports--->transmitter--->nodes--->nodeNames also node--->utilization (utilization:nodeID, %, date) (nodes(nodeID:transmitterID, date created parentnodename) (NOdeNames:nodenamesID,NodeID) in my excel report I want to add a new column showing the node data for each week. Can I get the percentages from SQL into a text file then import into Excel showin...

Exclusion dictionary for excel 2003
Hi all, is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? Thanks, Try this http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ExcludeWordFromDic.htm Raul Queiroga wrote: > Hi all, > is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? > > Thanks, ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

excel-vb interface
hi! just want help on how i can integrate vb with excel, i want to use vb to create a macro that when clicked, a sheet of some sort pops up, the user inputs data into this screen, then the data is then transferred. and accumulated on excel... excel will be my database dump.... i would also like to learn how to use the "tabs" activeX control in vb... how can i put values into them? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, A simple solution would...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Excel Cell Formatting #3
How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? Hi you can't as such objects 'float' above the cells in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom Coffey" <Tom Coffey@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E7356E1-4318-42F3-B9C6-3D7EDFBBEEA1@microsoft.com... > How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? ...

Excel budget (GP's V7.5)
When trying to import get error "Please enter an existing Excel file". Of course I am. Excel based budgeting has been initialized using sa. Any thoughts? Thanks ...

how do i add a precentage in excel
I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should use please "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975A9937-2F99-491B-BAC6-60EECD0FF513@microsoft.com... > I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should > use please B1=A1*1.3 ...

Need help with excel sorting/comparing funcations
HI all, the list I am working on consist of phone number, date, conversation start time, conversation end time. and there around 3476 records in one file and 2477 records in another... and they are not in the same format... so what I did was to sort out all the relative infomation in one file by its phone number, and did the same for the other one then I copy and pasted both lists in a new file.. and did the above comparesion.. nothing showed up or just gives me errors.. I am doing some analysis for our datebase records...... the sample I took out is only the small part.. the real f...

How do I remove an e-mail heading from an Excel file?
In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file which I must have accidentally inserted. The e-mail portion needs to be removed, but cannot find how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi alstarr Click on the mail button next to the Save icon in the Standard toolbar -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "alstarr" <alstarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66522CEC-F128-453B-8EF3-29EA1417E1C3@microsoft.com... > In my Excel file, it came up with an e-mail message area as part of the file > which I must ha...

Adding Columns in Excel
This one is tricky: I need to calc subtotals based on various information with a cell or group of cells. This is how it works: Column A has a heading of CIF (customer info). Column E has a heading for APP type (checking, savings, cd, loans, credit reserve). Column I is for a subtotal of deposits (i.e., checking + savings + cd) and Column J is for a subtotal of loans (i.e., loans + credit reserve) If a customer has 7 CIF records and within that they have 5 checking accounts, 2 savings and 1 cd, I need the deposit total for that; and 2 loans and 1 credit reserve, I need the loan total for ...

Excel putting name in opened files
This has probably been mentioned before. I tried googling and other searching, but can't find the right keywords to get what I am looking for without getting a ton of other garbage. Basically, while experimenting for a program to determine a file format, I noticed that simply opening an Excel .XLS file causes Excel to put my name in it, roughly at offset $22B (555 decimal) if there is no VBA code in it. Possibly around $62B if there is some code. The file's date or time is NOT altered. The .XLS is modified even if I do NOT save the file. Is there a way to do disable this, with...